• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM055 Bubba Watson Asia Boutique Replica by KVF (detail picture)

jimmythekidult

Known Member
14/2/15
RM055 Bubba Watson Asia Boutique Replica by KVF (detailed picture)

Hi All, I just recently purchase RM055 Bubba Watson Asia Boutique Replica by KVF. I know, there's no way this replica being close to the genuine one. Perhaps, I believe it's even not going to happen in the near future. But, I was surprised with what KVF can deliver with this $230 replica watch. Having to owned some other RM replica from the other factories, I must say KVF quality are more superior than the other RM replica factory. From the quality of the ceramic casing to the decorated skeleton movement. I had the $370 Replica of RM35 Rafa carbon from the other factory (not from KW) and I feel that the decorated skeleton are poorly made. Every details feels like poor plastic, the decorated skeleton are poorly machined and all the faux gear looks like it was made from cheap plastic then it's poorly cut and painted over with silver paint. When I unboxing this replica from KVF, I was amazed with the overall quality they can bring. The ceramic casing look very solid, crisp and well machined. The decorated skeleton is properly machined cut and properly painted and the best details are they're using photo etched parts for the faux gear to achieved that genuine look. So, overall I'm very happy with my purchased. I get to spent less $$$ and getting better quality product compare to the other RM replica factory. Without further ado, here are some detailed picture of the watch

PGWDaddy

Renowned Member
10/5/14
Finally!! Real progress. This is gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barth

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/10/12
Well that looks awesome.
I'm getting one before Christmas.

hubini

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/7/16
Beauty!!

What are the flaws on the Richie?

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Well to start off with, the ceramic face plate is brushed, none of the gears in the movement works, the strap is incorrect, the thickness of the watch is also incorrect and a whole other laundry list of faults with it. Personally I couldn't get used to the combination of stark white faceplate and the off white strap. Decided to sell mine away, with the hopes that someone else might appreciate it more than myself. :D

jimmythekidult

Known Member
14/2/15
Beauty!!

What are the flaws on the Richie?

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Honestly for a $230 decorated movement replica I don't really see any flaw. the replica would've been perfect
if they sandblasted the ceramic to satin finish instead of brushing the bezel. :punk: The only big flaw with this watch
is, it doesn't come with real skeleton movement. :laugh:

jimmythekidult

Known Member
14/2/15
Well to start off with, the ceramic face plate is brushed, none of the gears in the movement works, the strap is incorrect, the thickness of the watch is also incorrect and a whole other laundry list of faults with it. Personally I couldn't get used to the combination of stark white faceplate and the off white strap. Decided to sell mine away, with the hopes that someone else might appreciate it more than myself. :D

Wow, that is so many flaw correction you asked for a $230 replica. You should've bought genuine if you want
everything to be corrected as a genuine. None of replicas are correct. The best $700-$800 AP replicas are incorrect and even
the best franken watches out there are still incorrect, well at least in my best knowledge. But hey, everyone entitled to have
their own opinion.:laugh:

jimmythekidult

Known Member
14/2/15
Think I'll just do that mate... But tell me how to get this and a GINZA !!! I just never can save enough for that bastard.

Wow, Ginza! I've been planning to get one myself :laugh: Hope you can save up to get both before Christmas.
Nice choice, please do share on the AP section when you get one. Good luck Barth

lovesRM

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
8/10/16
Nice addition to the RM family! I don't have the RM-055 but almost every other model.
I have only seen and owned the KV factory ones so I can't comment on the others. Recently got the new 27-01 and the quality is pretty good for any kind of rep watch.
They could easily ask double the price and people would still pay the premium, despite all the flaws.

The thing with Richard Mille is, you don't ask what are the flaws - you ask what is actually close to gen..

Below are the latest versions from KV from my local TD. The RM-011 is by far the best rep in my opinion out of all RM's out there. The skeleton movement doesn't work but all the chrono dials do.

woHZART.jpg

1UlvTX4.jpg

EHu9KYL.jpg

0Oq8hsv.jpg

Axk8FR1.jpg

0QzRgGs.jpg

e7JGvix.jpg

Y4GSKZa.jpg

hubini

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/7/16
Wow, that is so many flaw correction you asked for a $230 replica. You should've bought genuine if you want
everything to be corrected as a genuine. None of replicas are correct. The best $700-$800 AP replicas are incorrect and even
the best franken watches out there are still incorrect, well at least in my best knowledge. But hey, everyone entitled to have
their own opinion.:laugh:
Haha! I am absolutely fine with the flaws found on the rep. It gives it a certain character to it. Wasn't really nitpicking rather than answering the question posed by [MENTION=138687]timmywatch[/MENTION]. But its true that the eventual goal would be a RM010 gen. :D

jimmythekidult

Known Member
14/2/15
Nice addition to the RM family! I don't have the RM-055 but almost every other model.
I have only seen and owned the KV factory ones so I can't comment on the others. Recently got the new 27-01 and the quality is pretty good for any kind of rep watch.
They could easily ask double the price and people would still pay the premium, despite all the flaws.

The thing with Richard Mille is, you don't ask what are the flaws - you ask what is actually close to gen..

Below are the latest versions from KV from my local TD. The RM-011 is by far the best rep in my opinion out of all RM's out there. The skeleton movement doesn't work but all the chrono dials do.

woHZART.jpg

1UlvTX4.jpg

EHu9KYL.jpg

0Oq8hsv.jpg

Axk8FR1.jpg

0QzRgGs.jpg

e7JGvix.jpg

Y4GSKZa.jpg

I believe most of the picture above are from the Noob factory. The newer ceramics version such as mine are the one made by KVF (KV Factory) and
as far as I know, most of TD I knew from this forum that selling those pieces you have posted stating that they comes out from Noob factory.
But hey, I might be wrong. Is there any RM replica master here on this forum, please do enlighten us RM replicas newbies. :laugh:

jimmythekidult

Known Member
14/2/15
Haha! I am absolutely fine with the flaws found on the rep. It gives it a certain character to it. Wasn't really nitpicking rather than answering the question posed by @timmywatch. But its true that the eventual goal would be a RM010 gen. :D

I would love to see new and improved RM010 replicas, it's about time :punk:

barth

5/10/12
[MENTION=96731]jimmythekidult[/MENTION] mate do you know if the strap is held by springbars ? Or RM screws ?

Could it be replaced with velcro straps from other models ?

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
@jimmythekidult mate do you know if the strap is held by springbars ? Or RM screws ?

Could it be replaced with velcro straps from other models ?

looks exactly like rm27 which is the same strap system and size of rm35 (of those i tested): 2x 4lobes screws holding it

barth

5/10/12
looks exactly like rm27 which is the same strap system and size of rm35 (of those i tested): 2x 4lobes screws holding it

Are you sure they have the same dimensions ? RM055 case looks different to RM027's somehow