• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

****Which Richard Mille are you wearing today?****

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
ABD modded “Z” Factory

Made some precious friends around the globe along the way :megalol:

gasdfg.jpg

hdfha.jpg

ujsrgsf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
Here are two vids I took since I'm still pretty excited. I'll probably remove them / edit this post later for privacy purposes. Please forgive my awkward arm jerks, just attempting to catch the bezel in the right light.

EDIT: [links removed]

Last edited:
Reactions: swordfish_77

Aurasash

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/7/19
ABD modded “Z” Factory

Made some precious friends around the globe along the way :megalol:

gasdfg.jpg

hdfha.jpg

ujsrgsf.jpg

Glad you like it bro. And yes I remember we have the same ride hahah! Enjoy!

Reactions: littowun

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Here’s why this rep is such a marvel (despite its inaccuracies and astronomical price). It’s one of the thinnest RM reps you can get, surpassed only by the RM001 (and the new ZF RM035 if I ever receive QC) and yet it has such depth, more so than any other RM rep.

CF2-CFD66-3899-4-C29-B2-ED-C11-B54-FD19-A8.jpg

It seriously looks as though you’re looking into your wrist and it’s all mechanical and terminator in there. The winding gear you can see already looks sub-dermal, and there’s a whole bridge and two more winding gears even deeper down behind it!!!

This thing blows my mind. Worth every penny of the $1,300 it cost!!

DC

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
has anyone purchased a RM027 in the past 1-2 weeks? JTime told me it was in stock September 04 and a week later told me it was out of stock. I'm a bit sad; first time JTime has failed me.

I've never seen a gen RM in my life nor have I walked into a RM boutique either. Even among the wealthy, I don't think many folks are familiar with the brand, much less expert enough for "visual tells".

To put this in context, I had a lunch meeting today, majority there was ~50M net worth (by my rough estimates) and to my initial surprise, none of them had a clue what my faux RM-035 was despite many of them being casual watch enthusiasts. But it makes sense. At ~50M net worth, your NOI is around 2.5M a year and around 1.875M after taxes (if you have a creative accountant).

Given expenses, upkeep, lifestyle, charity, growth, and future investments, that's not nearly enough annual income to justify blowing 200k-500k on a watch, unless you're 50+ years old / or you're ready to retire (whatever age that is). After all, in most of our hands we can earn a minimum of 6x within 4-6 years so we'd put that money to work instead while we are still relatively young.

And especially in the U.S., Q3 taxes are due this Monday. If your accountant miscalculates and forgets to factor in a few credits, there goes your watch money :rofl:

Of course there are outliers and watch fanatics, but folks who have a nice collection of gen RMs, complete with the house and cars, I'd estimate would have to have a minimum of a 100M net worth, with assets generating ~5M a year.

asuwere

2/6/19
has anyone purchased a RM027 in the past 1-2 weeks? JTime told me it was in stock September 04 and a week later told me it was out of stock. I'm a bit sad; first time JTime has failed me.

I've never seen a gen RM in my life nor have I walked into a RM boutique either. Even among the wealthy, I don't think many folks are familiar with the brand, much less expert enough for "visual tells".

To put this in context, I had a lunch meeting today, majority there was ~50M net worth (by my rough estimates) and to my initial surprise, none of them had a clue what my faux RM-035 was despite many of them being casual watch enthusiasts. But it makes sense. At ~50M net worth, your NOI is around 2.5M a year and around 1.875M after taxes (if you have a creative accountant).

Given expenses, upkeep, lifestyle, charity, growth, and future investments, that's not nearly enough annual income to justify blowing 200k-500k on a watch, unless you're 50+ years old / or you're ready to retire (whatever age that is). After all, in most of our hands we can earn a minimum of 6x within 4-6 years so we'd put that money to work instead while we are still relatively young.

And especially in the U.S., Q3 taxes are due this Monday. If your accountant miscalculates and forgets to factor in a few credits, there goes your watch money :rofl:

Of course there are outliers and watch fanatics, but folks who have a nice collection of gen RMs, complete with the house and cars, I'd estimate would have to have a minimum of a 100M net worth, with assets generating ~5M a year.

The statistic I've seen is the average purchase price of a watch to annual income ratio is $5k per $1m. So if the average RM is $130K, you're looking at $26m in annual income.

ianh101

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/1/19
Here’s why this rep is such a marvel (despite its inaccuracies and astronomical price). It’s one of the thinnest RM reps you can get, surpassed only by the RM001 (and the new ZF RM035 if I ever receive QC) and yet it has such depth, more so than any other RM rep.

CF2-CFD66-3899-4-C29-B2-ED-C11-B54-FD19-A8.jpg

It seriously looks as though you’re looking into your wrist and it’s all mechanical and terminator in there. The winding gear you can see already looks sub-dermal, and there’s a whole bridge and two more winding gears even deeper down behind it!!!

This thing blows my mind. Worth every penny of the $1,300 it cost!!

DC

That looks very impressive, however the thickness is listed at 17.5mm which is the same as all the other RM reps. Is this inaccurate or does it just feel/look thinner on the wrist?

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
That looks very impressive, however the thickness is listed at 17.5mm which is the same as all the other RM reps. Is this inaccurate or does it just feel/look thinner on the wrist?

The thickness measurements on TD websites are famously inaccurate. The RM027 is 15mm!

DC

ianh101

31/1/19
The thickness measurements on TD websites are famously inaccurate. The RM027 is 15mm!

DC

Thanks, those extra 2.5mm are so important. I particularly love the depth of RM watches and this one looks amazing.

6S3NC3

31/10/16

This looks very nice on the wrist. Waiting to see other RM-35 on the wrist. Missing parts is a bummer.