• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

****Which Richard Mille are you wearing today?****

tecbarrera

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/7/17
Sydney, Australia
Not yet. Not many people know what an RM is except watch collectors. Lol! Oh wait. Once. Some HK wanker rich kid with a Kim Jong Un haircut had a laugh on my Instagram, and which gave me a laugh considering his face and haircut. Did I care? Not a bit. Also, one of my friends saw it though and said cool watch. (He had no idea what it was or what the gen is worth). Honestly wouldn't worry about getting called out with a rep RM, unless your circles consist of billionaires, or children of billionaires. Hehe

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Not yet. Not many people know what an RM is except watch collectors. Lol! Oh wait. Once. Some HK wanker rich kid with a Kim Jong Un haircut had a laugh on my Instagram, and which gave me a laugh considering his face and haircut. Did I care? Not a bit. Also, one of my friends saw it though and said cool watch. (He had no idea what it was or what the gen is worth). Honestly wouldn't worry about getting called out with a rep RM, unless your circles consist of billionaires, or children of billionaires. Hehe

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

on the wrist those new KVF look pretty believable unless someone look at it up close and know his shit when it comes to gen rm. it also depends on the lighting condition. In some light they look freaking close when you compare it directly to pic of specific model.

on insagram it’s totally different situation.
most people know gen RMs from the pics they see online. Not too many watch collector know their RM shit, some do but you bumping into one on the street it’s pretty rare. But then again depends were you gland who you hang out with.
i can’t wait to see new RM rep released both from ZF and KVF. I love how KVF refined dial on RM011-03, I may actually get one soon.

Reactions: tecbarrera

Miaurt

Horology Curious
13/8/18
KVF RM011 Brown Ceramic
2834f21671d63fc776e5ce100a4fe1ee.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: C Master

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
They also refined hour yellow triangle markers! Lines look much more straight than in previous version.

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Looks great! How is the crystal?

Comparing to the last RM 011 03 from the original launch it does seem improved. Difficult to say if it has better AR, but it is definitely more optically crisp and the dial colours show up better. I no longer am thinking that I need to send off to have AR’d. My only criticism or the watch was the quality of the brushing on the stainless steel bezel. It’s OK, but didn’t give the feel of a £100K watch. I have now re-brushed this and will post some more pics when I get a minute.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Comparing to the last RM 011 03 from the original launch it does seem improved. Difficult to say if it has better AR, but it is definitely more optically crisp and the dial colours show up better. I no longer am thinking that I need to send off to have AR’d. My only criticism or the watch was the quality of the brushing on the stainless steel bezel. It’s OK, but didn’t give the feel of a £100K watch. I have now re-brushed this and will post some more pics when I get a minute.

ive been told that KVF are using exactly the same crystal as in previous version.

What did you use to rebrush it?

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Yup, crystal is exactly the same but they ( KVF) refined dials on all RM011-03

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Hi Rc,

Finally finished work for a few days.....Yipeee.

I removed the front bezel and used a scotch 3m sheet making sure to go with the grain. I then had to carefully repolish the polished edges round the perimeter. I will take a pic tomorrow and post it here, I’d like to get a pic in daylight (did I mention I’m on holiday.... :)

Your watch above looking good!

Last edited:

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Hi Rc,

Finally finished work for a few days.....Yipeee.

I removed the front bezel and used a scotch 3m sheet making sure to go with the grain. I then had to carefully repolish the polished edges round the perimeter. I will take a pic tomorrow and post it here, I’d like to get a pic in daylight (did I mention I’m on holiday.... :)

Your watch above looking good!

Sounds great!!! I probably woudn’t remove bezel because crystal is attached to the bezel anyway.
did you covered crystal so it should get scratched?