• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

****Which Richard Mille are you wearing today?****

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
Would love to buy this one. No idea where to get it.

Try our TD's. Mine just arrived today from Li at JTime

740363ca6581545b2bbd53a3daa879b1.jpg

Reactions: theREALgoat

Aurasash

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/7/19
Non rep night

80596317f81b9ec31baf86ac23344046.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
Non rep night

But it’s not the 22nd, it’s the 3rd, and although it is actually August, the month/calendar window is conveniently covered despite both watches displaying different times? That’s a little odd.

About as odd as $300k in RM’s but cooking dinner on a camping gas stove :rofl:

Reactions: Revolper

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
The 11-03 is definitely a gen. No rep I've seen has such a nice looking date wheel and font, and NTPT pattern looks really good as well.

Reactions: Aurasash

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
I believe both the watches are Gen. But the setting of the pic is rather odd.

But I have seen people do crazier stuff for a Instagram worthy photo.

I am a big fan of the RM55.

Please share more pics Aurasash

Aurasash

Banned
6/7/19
Both are gens.

Here in China we don’t discriminate wearing a 500k watch and sitting by the roadside having our common bbq. Come china and you can see our lines of supercars by the roadside having a simple drink n catching up with buddies.

Trabelsi

Horology Curious
22/4/15
@DC you seem to have a few RM reps. Which one is your favorite and would you recommend to buy without hesitation?

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
Both are gens.

Here in China we don’t discriminate wearing a 500k watch and sitting by the roadside having our common bbq. Come china and you can see our lines of supercars by the roadside having a simple drink n catching up with buddies.

hahaha boy am I glad there are now restrictions on capital outflows from China. That China money is so terrifying. I toured a house in my area a few months ago. The seller from China was willing to take a $2M loss because it was a gift from an Uncle to use as a "summer house".

And then regarding another house I wanted a while back, a China buyer made an offer all cash and got the house. A week later, it was being rented out for a total 2% gross annual return of the purchase price. The seller is probably losing money after you consider insurance and property taxes. Too much money I guess and nowhere to dump it? :woo:

--

P.S. hope you don't mind if I PM you in the future about the ABD modded RMs -- how much to pay and how to source. I'll try to do as much research as possible before bothering you :)

Last edited:

Aurasash

Banned
6/7/19
hahaha boy am I glad there are now restrictions on capital outflows from China. That China money is so terrifying. I toured a house in my area a few months ago. The seller from China was willing to take a $2M loss because it was a gift from an Uncle to use as a "summer house".

And then regarding another house I wanted a while back, a China buyer made an offer all cash and got the house. A week later, it was being rented out for a total 2% gross annual return of the purchase price. The seller is probably losing money after you consider insurance and property taxes. Too much money I guess and nowhere to dump it? :woo:

--

P.S. hope you don't mind if I PM you in the future about the ABD modded RMs -- how much to pay and how to source. I'll try to do as much research as possible before bothering you :)

Yes the “china” mentality is scary I have to admit. Decisions are made in the blink of an eye and daringly I would say. Progress had taken place at a pace where many are still in an unbelievable stage.

Not a problem, you can pm me anytime if you have any questions about the mods on RM.

Reactions: littowun

NiKOLaS0411

Looking Around
19/7/19
RM22839 - RM 68-01 KONGO

Hi to all of you from sunny (and excruciating hot Athens).
Even though I am a new member in this forum I read a lot of years about rw and really enjoy the high standards of most of the members here.
I recently got my hands on an RM 68-01 KONGO since I am a big fan of the art work of the man himself.
Even though my watch didnt seem to keep time despite my best efforts as it stopped after 3 minutes tops(yes I know about automatic watches I even have 8 of them from Bomberg to Tag Heuer) and I was ready to ship it back since my watchmaker was reluctant to touch it said it run great and didn't know what was wrong.
I contacted the dealer who was great and helpful and advised to send it back for repair...And in the nick of time the watch started to work after my last effort to wind it!! Now it keeps time without loosing a sec for more than a week and I m really glad as I wait for my next rep to arrive next week.
I posted 2 pics just to see how it looks on me.
Cheers to all!
7b4a3edbf7d8bb61b9851fd19193e832.jpg
b3702eac07cf3a985ac24d101dd2134e.jpg

Στάλθηκε από το SM-N960F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Reactions: soubido

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
@DC you seem to have a few RM reps. Which one is your favorite and would you recommend to buy without hesitation?

Get the RM001, it’s just so cool without being too large or too in your face, and it’s solid as a rock!!

Still waiting for the perfect RM035 to add to the collection, but this trio will have to do for now!

DC

Reactions: SuperLory

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
_DC_ I picked up a v2 001 , posted a couple pages back. After that one would you recommend the RM35-01 or the RM011 , it’s so confusing as far reading on both. What say you O wise one ? :)

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Non rep night

THAT is what I call real boss shit. $500k watch doing roadside hotpot. Thats how it should be. No matter how rich I get cant take me out of the streets where I grew up. Awesome man.

Last edited:

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
_DC_ I picked up a v2 001 , posted a couple pages back. After that one would you recommend the RM35-01 or the RM011 , it’s so confusing as far reading on both. What say you O wise one ? :)

Ha, I dunno how wise I am, but I guess maybe the fact that I own an RM011 but I don’t own an RM035 maybe gives a bit of a clue.

The RM035 reps are getting better for sure, especially the carbon pattern, BUT all the fake gears is just really a bummer. I’m not sure it will ever be done justice, but maybe they will get closer with movement deco or bring out a clone movement or something. When it’s on the back I don’t mind, but when it’s basically they whole of the dial it’s just kinda too much fakeness to handle.

The RM011 is thick, make no mistake, but the dial is awesome, the real skeletonised date display is so much fun, and at first glance you could mistake it for gen!!

1-AFAA6-BE-9-D60-4-CF4-A93-B-E8-C14-CBC1934.jpg

DC

Reactions: krkqm2008

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
I would like to know DC's recommendation too im torn between the rm001 and a rm011

RM001 every time. Regardless of my comments above, the RM011 is great but... the RM001 is an RM tourbillon, and it’s thin(ish) so fits any wrist, you just can’t go wrong!!

DC

Reactions: krkqm2008