• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need help choosing an RM. Been out of the game for a bit

2manywatches

19/4/07
Hey chaps. Ive been away from the rep world for a while as life took over. I recently sold my gen RM11 as Ive had it for years and I could not justify keeping it with what they were fetching over what I paid for it. I've sold a lot of watches in my time, but damn I miss it and I wont afford another gen ever again lol. So, been doing a bit of reading here and I cant seem to get a clear idea. Can anyone make a suggestion or two of the best RM rep as of current or upcoming. I would greatly appreciate the help as Im so out of touch with this now.

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe
Hey chaps. Ive been away from the rep world for a while as life took over. I recently sold my gen RM11 as Ive had it for years and I could not justify keeping it with what they were fetching over what I paid for it. I've sold a lot of watches in my time, but damn I miss it and I wont afford another gen ever again lol. So, been doing a bit of reading here and I cant seem to get a clear idea. Can anyone make a suggestion or two of the best RM rep as of current or upcoming. I would greatly appreciate the help as Im so out of touch with this now.
Zf right now is the way to go for the cases, forget the 11 probably your better off with a 055 or a 035, bbr just launched and me and some members are waiting for it, it has a moving balance but as for case and cosntrucfion it’s still a mistero as no one got it in hands, otherwise there are some tourbillons like the sapphire 12-01 or the 53-02, far from gen but are pretty nice watches, if you like ‘em chunkier as the 11 this might be the best route for you atm, hope this helps

Reactions: P..DR..D

2manywatches

19/4/07
Zf right now is the way to go for the cases, forget the 11 probably your better off with a 055 or a 035, bbr just launched and me and some members are waiting for it, it has a moving balance but as for case and cosntrucfion it’s still a mistero as no one got it in hands, otherwise there are some tourbillons like the sapphire 12-01 or the 53-02, far from gen but are pretty nice watches, if you like ‘em chunkier as the 11 this might be the best route for you atm, hope this helps

Thanks for the help. I dont really care about the model, no turbs. I just want something accurate. Maybe I will wait for the feedback on the BBR version

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
really surprised to see no simple ones like the 10

There's a version of the RM10 out there that's an excellent rep except it's 17mm thick instead of 14 like gen. Other than that, though, it's great and not too expensive, but I don't know what factory actually makes it. Easiest way to tell it apart from the shitters is the date border is flush with the rehaut at 7:00; all the shitters have a raised date border and look like trash. I can send you pics of mine for ID purposes if you'd like.

2manywatches

19/4/07
There's a version of the RM10 out there that's an excellent rep except it's 17mm thick instead of 14 like gen. Other than that, though, it's great and not too expensive, but I don't know what factory actually makes it. Easiest way to tell it apart from the shitters is the date border is flush with the rehaut at 7:00; all the shitters have a raised date border and look like trash. I can send you pics of mine for ID purposes if you'd like.

Yea could you please!

reverendbeanz

Horology Curious
15/6/22

send it over to me too pls!