• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR factory RM 055

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Just curious, have u guys ask TD do they offer clear jewel mod?

I asked PureTime and they said they won't do the jewel modification and do not know who did the other ones. They also said BBR factory will not change the jewel from this V1, and they told me perhaps future versions will have the clear jewel.

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
I asked PureTime and they said they won't do the jewel modification and do not know who did the other ones. They also said BBR factory will not change the jewel from this V1, and they told me perhaps future versions will have the clear jewel.

I think a couple years back before ZF changed to the clear jewel, SpongeBob did mods on the movement and could add a clear sapphire to replace the purple jewel that came stock. Maybe try reaching out to him?

vetteshark

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/22
Colorado, USA
I just put in an order for one of these with TheOneWatches. They tell me the ETA is end of this month (June) out of the factory for the first batch. Can't wait!

The color of the sapphire is no concern to me. Glad to see we finally have an RM with a functioning balance that is visible where it should be instead of a static placeholder in the design.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayor_McCheese

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA

I see..

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe
Honestly I think it’s a pretty simple mod, reach out to your modder and show them the old zf 035 thread where they switched it

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
Honestly I think it’s a pretty simple mod, reach out to your modder and show them the old zf 035 thread where they switched it

There are 2 different things.
Its not just switch that sample.

vince_hiro

Renowned Member
14/7/16
well if you're asking on modder here in our forum, I'm sure they know what to do and how to do.
Just need to get the watch first, send to them and wait for the answer, asking the modder a lot of question with no watch on hand is uselesss.
Main thing is get the watch first. IMOP. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reactions: Takel98

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
I'm eagerly waiting for the first QC photos to come in as many members here. I think it's exciting times for the rep world and a mini breakthrough with the moving balance wheel.

Although there's still a lot that can still be done in terms of repping the movement, most notably the dual main springs. To anyone's knowledge is there ANY rep that has a functional dual main spring movement?

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
I kinda worried about water resistance, do this RM rep will easy get water in when u just wash your hand? Or water splash on the watch? Because with those complex case construction, the water resistance are very poor...

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
I think you are fine washing your hands and general use, but I wouldn’t go immersing any RM rep in water. Even the Gen RM’s max out at 50m, unless you have a diver. They do generally have rubber gaskets , however, better to play safe with these reps and avoid water.

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe

wanted to share some wrist pics I found online, so at least judging by these case quality wise zf seems far superior, this ain’t bad for what it is but especially with that crystal it can’t compare, the movement seems to be missing some depth(due to the modded miyota and not an actual clone) let’s hope to get qc soon to judge it better

Reactions: ywg

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore

wanted to share some wrist pics I found online, so at least judging by these case quality wise zf seems far superior, this ain’t bad for what it is but especially with that crystal it can’t compare, the movement seems to be missing some depth(due to the modded miyota and not an actual clone) let’s hope to get qc soon to judge it better

At least it isn’t as shiny as some of the previous pictures have led us to believe

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
For people are still waiting the QC, I think it may take a little longer time. From some video I saw from non TD chinese seller. They said first batch are just 100pcs and already sold, but they have no idea when do 2nd batch will be available.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
For people are still waiting the QC, I think it may take a little longer time. From some video I saw from non TD chinese seller. They said first batch are just 100pcs and already sold, but they have no idea when do 2nd batch will be available.

lol they say a lot of things, remember when this was a "custom clone, no others like it" and was supposedly $10k? It'll be available when it's available.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Are there any better pictures of the grey/black one at this point or did I miss the boat?

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Confirmed by my dealer - we are waiting for second batch (normally within a week or two)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk