• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR factory RM 055

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
If you are certain that is a ZF case, then it appears the BBR movement is inside it. Look carefully at the movement in the above picture and you can see it has moving balance wheel whereas pics of ZF do not show the gear just above 6 o'clock

Interesting points raised here but at this time I think there’s no use speculating. If the movement does indeed fit the ZF case with minimal changes, I’m confident we will see an updated ZF version with the same movement within a month or so, just like the situation we had with the APS 3120 clone.

asuwere

2/6/19

I mentioned earlier that the case proportions between this and the ZF are different. I'll have to take that back. I've got the carbon from ZF and it's 41x49x13.5 and the one in the second video is 42x49x13.5. Ok, so 1mm wider is not what it looks like. Maybe it's a fisheye effect from their cameras when holding it too close to the lens.

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
I think it looks fantastic. This is the closest we have come to the movement being somewhat accurate. What is terrible about it???

I don't know man, but the front jewel look like use a tiny metal piece to cover
on.

Last edited by a moderator:

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
I mentioned earlier that the case proportions between this and the ZF are different. I'll have to take that back. I've got the carbon from ZF and it's 41x49x13.5 and the one in the second video is 42x49x13.5. Ok, so 1mm wider is not what it looks like. Maybe it's a fisheye effect from their cameras when holding it too close to the lens.

Great intel, do you know what the gen dimensions are?

Immortal_kungfu

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
29/5/22
Norway
So, if i understand this correctly. You are not able to change strap on the BBR, but you can on ZF? I really want the green rubber strap(i’ve only seen it on the kvf model) and a nylon strap with Velcro. Does the Td sell extra straps with the watch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
It really depends on what you look for in a rep. Since there are no "perfect" rep for RM, at least not yet. Some look for gen spec cases with proper dimensions while others want a real functional movement. I think this is definitely a big step in the right direction but I'll wait for a potential V2 or V3.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Why don't we have the TDs contact BBR and tell them this flaw with the red jewel exists. They can possibly change it soonest.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Why don't we have the TDs contact BBR and tell them this flaw with the red jewel exists. They can possibly change it soonest.

I’m sure BBR know it’s a flaw. Even if they do They’ll probably wait until they sell the flawed stock that’s been produced before we see a release of a clear jewel… hence a V2 which will keep everyone buying them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mercedesslr

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA

Lol.. they knew. They don't want to do it because if done too perfect close to gen, they will easy get raid.
factory do not want to get trouble from that

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Lol.. they knew. They don't want to do it because if done too perfect close to gen, they will easy get raid.

That's just a silly line of reasoning. Hasn't stopped the hundreds of Submariner and Daytona factories making reps FAR closer than an RM rep will ever be.
It's an obvious trick they've used time and again in the rep world to start with flaws and come out with subsequent versions with 'improvements' to extract more money from the community.

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
That's just a silly line of reasoning. Hasn't stopped the hundreds of Submariner and Daytona factories making reps FAR closer than an RM rep will ever be.
It's an obvious trick they've used time and again in the rep world to start with flaws and come out with subsequent versions with 'improvements' to extract more money from the community.

Yes, agree with u

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19

The fact that it says Richard Mille on it is a much larger reason for some factory to get raided already much less a small red jewel on front and back. One small red jewel will not convince any prosecutor that the factory thought they weren't making a Richard Mille replica.

While I do agree that some factories do not make as good a rep as they could does not change the fact that I can't agree that by this factory using a red feel instead of clear means they think they won't get raided.

Reactions: ywg

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
I just asked jtime about do BBR do the clear jewel mod, they said BBR are not offer the service. So..
who made those mod?

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe

so from what I can see the actual case dimension are better from bbr then zf compared to gen, at least this is what’s shown on the video the specs match perfectly, I too believe that the crystal might be worse(don’t know if it has to do with the ar) the fatter look is actually more accurate only based on dimension(not wear) to me it will be all about the feel, the zf feels really good on the wrist thickness wise and doesn’t feel like something to big actually is the same confort as much smalle 40mm Rolexes, I have a gen 216570 and it the zf actually feels smaller, so as soon as I get the bbr feel is all I’m looking for if they feel the same in terms of wear, strap quality and sit on the wrist I might just mod the bbr with clear jewel mod and change the strap/clasp, if it doesn’t I’ll try to start a modding project where I switch them, let’s wait to have it in hands to really understand what we are dealing with, pros to bbr as I’ve had the order dubious Excalibur tourbillon and while the movement had some problems with durability the case felt pretty solid but the strap were real junk.. we might have the same with this one

Reactions: Mercedesslr

vince_hiro

Renowned Member
14/7/16
the Gen RM55 is in a Matt Chalk White, for such effect on the rep, unless you get someone mod and do the coating for you.

For people that knows RM, I view will sure notice the open heart beat movement.

Well I suppose only for people like us that are into the RMsss will know what to look out for.

End of the day, just buy what you like and wear what you like. This is just a hobby, not a session of your watch is so lousy, while mine is the best.

Let's just wear with good health and enjoy watch talks together. Cheers..