• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW RELEASE: RM010 NTPT

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Got excited when seeing this on RMwatchlux his story. Case seems like a proper sized one. Deco's look alright-ish (better than we currently have) and date is nicely done. Strap looks cheap though, but i would change that anyway.

Only got this pic and saw another one with black strap. Don't know which factory yet:

jgLVsP.jpg

Last edited:

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
I saw it too
i think is the best rm we have to date?

I am thrilled about this one

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
And the thrill is gone... 2mm more thick

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
I knew I thought I recognized these. I just ordered a RG of the RM010 from the gate. These NTPT ones were there too, tho they had a few more "unique" dial types.

yeah figured that afterwards lol. you have pics of yours? Is it any good in terms of quality? wonder if can be modded thinner

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Stuvetjee I've got one of the steel ones with the same deco and date font. I love mine, quality isn't quite up there with ZF but it's not bad besides the thickness. There's not much space to play with on mine cause the back deco is pretty deep, maybe only a mm or so from what I can tell without taking it apart.

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Stuvetjee I've got one of the steel ones with the same deco and date font. I love mine, quality isn't quite up there with ZF but it's not bad besides the thickness. There's not much space to play with on mine cause the back deco is pretty deep, maybe only a mm or so from what I can tell without taking it apart.

such a shame as it would be so easy making it gen thickness and width. Seeing the ''rehaut'' being so deep compared to gen.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
such a shame as it would be so easy making it gen thickness and width. Seeing the ''rehaut'' being so deep compared to gen.

Agreed, the RM10 is an awesome watch. I've been dailying mine for like 4-5 months and it's rock solid but the rehaut is way too deep and same with the back deco. Looks like they used the case size to make better deco and sacrificed the thickness. It could be modded but it would probably require making so many new parts that it'd basically end up being a whole custom watch.

Reactions: Stuvetjee

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Agreed, the RM10 is an awesome watch. I've been dailying mine for like 4-5 months and it's rock solid but the rehaut is way too deep and same with the back deco. Looks like they used the case size to make better deco and sacrificed the thickness. It could be modded but it would probably require making so many new parts that it'd basically end up being a whole custom watch.

Agree, such thickness cant be modded and need to start from scratch.

Reactions: GiantSquid

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
yeah figured that afterwards lol. you have pics of yours? Is it any good in terms of quality? wonder if can be modded thinner

The RG looks pretty good, but still waiting for it to arrive so I'll have to give you a raincheck on the quality, looks thicker than a snicker tho. I've been in contact withGiantSquid with ideas about modding these RM. Theoretically if you were to remove the deco plate (if its just like what the RM-011s have) and slap on a thin rotor. You should theoretically have plenty of room to thin the mid case at least 2mm. But the hard part is that the mid case back isn't flat, but curved. So milling or sanding the case evenly is a problem, not to mention the mid case screws that you have to deal with afterwards. Ultimately it's a headache to think about, but possible if you say have a CNC.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
DerpyOfficer the rehaut on these is a solid 2mm too high too, so you'd probably have to make a new rehaut (with all the annoying printing problems that presents) as well. Good news is that gives you more room to play with at the back, but bad news is more fucking parts to make. Most of these mods need at least a 3d printer, if not a CNC, as well as a decent amount of CAD experience and a brutal persistence to get shit done.

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
Wellllllll of course it would be even more complicated than I originally thought. Guess I'll just be happy with what I got coming to me, I don't need another headache ha ha.

Reactions: GiantSquid

Mayor_McCheese

29/4/20
Brisbane, Australia
Was just thinking the other day about how I wished factories would do some of these older RMs such as RM010 and RM005.
I don't care about the thickness I'm gonna get straight on this NTPT one when it comes to a TD :thumbsup: Thanks for posting that

NickNickNickk

4/6/21
Got excited when seeing this on RMwatchlux his story. Case seems like a proper sized one. Deco's look alright-ish (better than we currently have) and date is nicely done. Strap looks cheap though, but i would change that anyway.

Only got this pic and saw another one with black strap. Don't know which factory yet:

jgLVsP.jpg

maybe i Get this one. Blue strap and snd red crown maybe??

Reactions: kyriacos

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Such a disappointment lol got seriously excited by the title

They need to start this watch from the start with a new (non existing) case - it is always the same problem, they use existing parts hence the thickness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stuvetjee

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
A new hope, maybe they get it’s movement repped too