• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 55

n30m

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/2/19
Missouri
Ever since the videos came out last month of the new movement, I've been keeping a sharp eye on the chinese youtubes, I've seen a few videos of the movement, but so far nothing of an assembled watch.

Then I was looking at regular youtube and I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owm-gUMN72w

Am I nuts or is this the new movement?

Last edited:
Reactions: OffshoreNL

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but this is a genuine 055 besides a gen 67...

You can see the lack of a regulator (free sprung balance) with the balance weights.

Other than that - you got me in the first half looking at the picture you just posted lol.

Lets hope that we will see the clone calibre mounted in one of the superior rep cases from ZF after Chinese new year.

n30m

24/2/19
Missouri
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but this is a genuine 055 besides a gen 67...

You can see the lack of a regulator (free sprung balance) with the balance weights.

Other than that - you got me in the first half looking at the picture you just posted lol.

Lets hope that we will see the clone calibre mounted in one of the superior rep cases from ZF after Chinese new year.

Oh man, I'm a moron.

I scrubbed through without watching the first 5 seconds where he literally says it's a gen. I appreciate your enthusiasm for my enthusiasm! I literally check bilibili daily, ha.

Mods feel free to delete. :)

saschinkaiya

7/3/20
I mean at the moment the best rm 055 that we have (from zf), you can clearly see the movement sticking out and tacking space, where you should see completly through the watch.
Also it doesnt even has a functional balance wheel, so if you really see a "rep" who doesnt have both of these issues, its very likely not a rep.

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
Ever since the videos came out last month of the new movement, I've been keeping a sharp eye on the chinese youtubes, I've seen a few videos of the movement, but so far nothing of an assembled watch.

That RM screams fake watch.

n30m

24/2/19
Missouri
I mean at the moment the best rm 055 that we have (from zf), you can clearly see the movement sticking out and tacking space, where you should see completly through the watch.
Also it doesnt even has a functional balance wheel, so if you really see a "rep" who doesnt have both of these issues, its very likely not a rep.

Indeed. I've been tempted to pick up a RM59-01 but none of the TD seem to carry it.

66f21718dc81744-1.jpg

The RM056-02 total trash either

c939d3102c0eb3f-3.jpg

tbh I could afford an RM but sourcing one that I actually like is going to be a slog, and blowing that much money on a watch seems a bit uncouth to me.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Oh man, I'm a moron.

I scrubbed through without watching the first 5 seconds where he literally says it's a gen. I appreciate your enthusiasm for my enthusiasm! I literally check bilibili daily, ha.

Mods feel free to delete. :)

No need to delete this thread.

It is always good to put things into perspective - judging by the content this account posts the assumption that it has to be "THE" movement isn't that far from plausible.

Let's see if they impress us...

To be fair - I would love to have that 67 too haha

Reactions: seanizcool

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Europe
Those are both reps from my understanding. He is saying he showed the 2 watches to some friends and they couldn't believe they are fake?

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Europe
See the subtitles:
Screenshot-2021-12-22-at-05-28-24.png

Screenshot-2021-12-22-at-05-29-38.png

Screenshot-2021-12-22-at-05-29-51.png

Screenshot-2021-12-22-at-05-30-00.png

Screenshot-2021-12-22-at-05-30-03.png

He is even pointing out the slight differences to the genuine watches. That's how I understand it. Maybe some native mandarin speaker can chime in. (Messaged a friend in China but will take a while to respond, so maybe someone else is faster)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hasselbaink

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Europe
Indeed. I've been tempted to pick up a RM59-01 but none of the TD seem to carry it.

66f21718dc81744-1.jpg

The RM056-02 total trash either

c939d3102c0eb3f-3.jpg

tbh I could afford an RM but sourcing one that I actually like is going to be a slog, and blowing that much money on a watch seems a bit uncouth to me.

Sourced the RM59-01 from trusty a while ago, but you could hear the Tourbillon making noise. Felt like a cheap watch.

mods can you maybe merge this into one post so I don't have triple posts in a row :)

---- APOLOGIES ---
They are both gen. Contacted the guy on WeChat. Will let you guys know!

Last edited:
Reactions: tinitonsi

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA

In case u don't know Chinese, those are gen, was brought for a customer, they was want to make gen and rep compare with ZF. But since the raid the ZF was not arrived. So they just film the gen..lol , so it's not super clone movement.

n30m

24/2/19
Missouri
Looks like a new 35-02 also? These are KV.

jpztJ5.png
jpzQWF.png
jpzllt.png
jpzP2E.png

Skeletonization on the 55 still isn't great, but considerably improved imo. I don't know the 35 well but at a glance, it looks better than the ZF by a mile?

Last edited:

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
These look like normal KVFs. Too thick, wrong proportions, wrong materials, etc. I don't see anything "new" about them, just the same old release at a lower price point than ZF for a less-accurate rep.

n30m

24/2/19
Missouri
These look like normal KVFs. Too thick, wrong proportions, wrong materials, etc. I don't see anything "new" about them, just the same old release at a lower price point than ZF for a less-accurate rep.

What KVF Are you referring to? This doesn't look like a "normal" KVF at all. This is the KVF on TD sites compared to the watch I posted, they look the same to you...????
jphsyS.jpg
The bottom right black holding bracket is transparent on the new one, not so on the old one.
jphu4Q.png

Last edited:

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Yeah dude, besides the jewel color it's the same deco and probably pretty much the same watch. Screws are the same size and color, AR reflects white, etc. I'd bet solid money it's 90% the same in the same old case KVF has been making for years now.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
This video looks EXACTLY like the ZF, from thickness to the balance wheel swinging back and forth under the deco at 2:00 on the back, same as the NH05. It even has the tiny gaps in fitment at the case ends that every white ZF I've ever seen has. It also doesn't have the gigantic teeth on the "barrels" like the KVFs do. I don't see anything in that particular video to show it's a new watch or even the same as the initial pictures.

Reactions: soubido