• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Resistance while winding? RM055

Robinos

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/8/21
Norway
Hello, I ordered this watch from jtime a few months ago and it arrived a week ago.

https://jtime.io/us/rm055-ti-white-ceramic-zf-1-1-best-edition-skeleton-dial-on-white-rubber-strap-nh05a
Movement:
Japanese SEIKO NH05A 21J automatic movement at 21600vph decorated to genuine richard mille manual winding movement, same inner case construction as genuine
So let me try to explain the "winding problem", after I wake up I usually wind the watch cause its only manual winding, and once its fully winded or I feel like its fully winded, im not sure cause I read that manual winding takes 20-40turns, mine defo has resistance before 20 turns. I feel some resistance for "one turn" on the crown and the next time I dont feel any resistance, what could that be?

Last edited:

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
The Seiko in the white 55 definitely has resistance as you turn the crown, and in my experience it's a variable resistance. It's just sorta how that movement is, and if you're getting 50 hours that's solid (mine gets 46 on average from 40 winds). That movement isn't as stable as the 6T in the Yas Marina and up, but it's just fine and yours sounds like it's within spec.

Reactions: Robinos

Robinos

22/8/21
Norway
The Seiko in the white 55 definitely has resistance as you turn the crown, and in my experience it's a variable resistance. It's just sorta how that movement is, and if you're getting 50 hours that's solid (mine gets 46 on average from 40 winds). That movement isn't as stable as the 6T in the Yas Marina and up, but it's just fine and yours sounds like it's within spec.

Yeah the variable resistance got kinda me worried but guess its fine then, thanks for confirming! :)

Reactions: GiantSquid

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Robinos be sure to check that the crown is all the way in, too. On mine it'll sometimes slip after winding and be like a mm out of the case. I just gently push it back in and it's fine but my white one has this little issue. The 6T is a good upgrade, feels much nicer in general use and doesn't have all the tiny problems of the NH.

Reactions: Robinos

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Hello, I ordered this watch from jtime a few months ago and it arrived a week ago.

https://jtime.io/us/rm055-ti-white-ceramic-zf-1-1-best-edition-skeleton-dial-on-white-rubber-strap-nh05a
Movement:
Japanese SEIKO NH05A 21J automatic movement at 21600vph decorated to genuine richard mille manual winding movement, same inner case construction as genuine
So let me try to explain the "winding problem", after I wake up I usually wind the watch cause its only manual winding, and once its fully winded or I feel like its fully winded, im not sure cause I read that manual winding takes 20-40turns, mine defo has resistance before 20 turns. I feel some resistance for "one turn" on the crown and the next time I dont feel any resistance, what could that be?

Some of the crowns on the ZF models are off a bit. You need to play with the crown carefully to make sure it’s extended enough so that you can wind the watch and set the time. If it’s too much in it won’t turn well. If it’s not out enough you won’t be able to set the time. I had this on a similar model and it fixed itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robinos

22/8/21
Norway
Some of the crowns on the ZF models are off a bit. You need to play with the crown carefully to make sure it’s extended enough so that you can wind the watch and set the time. If it’s too much in it won’t turn well. If it’s not out enough you won’t be able to set the time. I had this on a similar model and it fixed itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, I did play with the crown and it kinda fixed it, before it didnt make any sound when winding but now it does!

Reactions: TheDonSL