• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

first super clone RM movement

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
But isn't that contradicting? The pictures look like it's a fabricated, not modified movement. You can even see steps of manufacturing (black coating polished away, etc). Even if it was modified, 30k+ seems to be nonsense. Then we clearly see the CADs, another clue... I'm still hopefully optimistic that they're actually building it themselves and then economy of scale basically guarantees a lower price. Can't wait for more updates.

Yes they fabricate the front and back place which its really easy to do when taken measurments properly. Other processes like black coating and polishing etc are childs work compared to front and back plate. The cad photos we have seen are those nothing more than that because there is not base plate rendering on those photos. The base movement plate needs to be redesigned in rm case form skeletonized than manufactured which thats the hard part to do yet still easy i guess. Redesign is a must conaidering that vaucher movement comes originally in classical round form rahter than rm form. The main reason that it needs a donor movement because of the parts that it comes with it like balance wheel assambely barrels gears etc. Balance wheel assembly on that movement is attached through front thus it complicates ground up replication for now because all the clone movements had the old way balance wheel assembly and the climate of it doesnt let it see gree light for now. Even if it did like all true clone movements we will wait 1-2 years for proper ground up clone movement i guess. Designing base plate and front and back plates are hard but much more easier than the other parts they need to work around. With clone movement they just need to fabricate the easy part and transfer internals from there to this creation with ground up replication other than the plates gear sizes, ratios, length and bent angle of hair spring and many more tiny details needs to be figured out aswell. Donor solves all for now. Cad file photos should indicate us that there is work but when, what, how, who is unknown till then this is all we have now. To me this is better than nothing. We now have first hand proof that its possible im happy with the results personally.

Last edited:

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
This sounds very interesting, I hope they replicate RM 11 too!

EpicRolex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
31/12/20
Would it be even worth it for them to do all this production and sell it for 35k? I wouldn't imagine they would sell many units at that price.

Benjijm

Gold Patron
29/4/18
What I’m hoping will happen is a factory like ZF will buy the clone movement for 30k rather than buying a gen 035 or 055 for 300k or more and replicate the watch from the movement up, they already make ‘gen spec’ cases in NTPT and ceramic. ZF have also purchased gen watches before to make reps in the region of 30k. Just some food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
The information I found about the RM from the video.
You can all copy/paste the text into a translator and draw your conclusions what is it about. I am sure that we have here people that are able to translate this better than on-line translators. I think the prices mentioned in the text are RMB.

NTPT纯手工定制底子8500起
如果您执着ABF也能凑合用哈
底子可以自备数据均可修改
开模AET蓝宝石水晶壳53000

开模钛金属双折叠扣3000
专柜代用橡胶带1200默认红
魔术贴帆布表带1500默认红

三款RMUL机芯根据需求选购
半开模默认055且不可修改
1:1开模默认35-01密底手动
改35-02自动框架3500透底
改055手动框架4500透底
改035手动框架6000透底
改61-01 手动框架7500透底

改天津海鸥表厂无卡度3500
原厂山度士Vaucher桩3w5

修改游丝摆轮镀黑600
原厂山度士Vaucher摆轮1w5
四臂Glucydur铍青铜合金
原厂山度士Vaucher游丝5k
Nivarox的爱林瓦Elinvar合金

改摆轮加配种砝码块 2000
原厂山度士Vaucher砝码2w

改D色VVS1钻石避震器1500
原厂山度士Vaucher轴承1w

一点位发条盒改放射黑1000
十点位换白喷砂发条齿1500
八点位加装白喷砂齿轮1000
马轮轴承改白宝石1000

机芯一字平螺丝改五花1800

市面现有顶级代用指针1500
激光雷达扫描开模钛指针4K

机芯拆件木条导角抛光3000

框架镭射刻字二次镀黑5000

如果您不想看这些专业文案
我帮您总结了简单的几句话

要面子图省钱5w85起步够用
采用海鸥无卡度模组
正面区别于原版的摆轮模组
默认35-01密底降低破绽

既要面子又要里子14w8起步
山度士Vaucher摆轮模组

另外5级钛也能做 但是太贵
宇航材料限购导致成本15w
整表要32w8水晶壳突破41w5

上述文案为目前已出改装方案
持续更新2021.12.03敬请期待

Reactions: johnlogan and XLR8R

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Bits and pieces of that text make zero sense. The third last sentence says that it needs a $4k "crystal case" which brings the total price to $6.5k but that doesn't add up with any of the other prices, and in the beginning it lists an NTPT case for over a grand, which is absurd as ZF already has gen spec NTPT cases and will sell you an entire watch for 60% of that cost. Some of this information is interesting but a lot of it seems to be typical chinese bullshit, to quote one of our other members in here.

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
The information I found about the RM from the video.
You can all copy/paste the text into a translator and draw your conclusions what is it about. I am sure that we have here people that are able to translate this better than on-line translators. I think the prices mentioned in the text are RMB.

NTPT纯手工定制底子8500起
如果您执着ABF也能凑合用哈
底子可以自备数据均可修改
开模AET蓝宝石水晶壳53000

开模钛金属双折叠扣3000
专柜代用橡胶带1200默认红
魔术贴帆布表带1500默认红

三款RMUL机芯根据需求选购
半开模默认055且不可修改
1:1开模默认35-01密底手动
改35-02自动框架3500透底
改055手动框架4500透底
改035手动框架6000透底
改61-01 手动框架7500透底

改天津海鸥表厂无卡度3500
原厂山度士Vaucher桩3w5

修改游丝摆轮镀黑600
原厂山度士Vaucher摆轮1w5
四臂Glucydur铍青铜合金
原厂山度士Vaucher游丝5k
Nivarox的爱林瓦Elinvar合金

改摆轮加配种砝码块 2000
原厂山度士Vaucher砝码2w

改D色VVS1钻石避震器1500
原厂山度士Vaucher轴承1w

一点位发条盒改放射黑1000
十点位换白喷砂发条齿1500
八点位加装白喷砂齿轮1000
马轮轴承改白宝石1000

机芯一字平螺丝改五花1800

市面现有顶级代用指针1500
激光雷达扫描开模钛指针4K

机芯拆件木条导角抛光3000

框架镭射刻字二次镀黑5000

如果您不想看这些专业文案
我帮您总结了简单的几句话

要面子图省钱5w85起步够用
采用海鸥无卡度模组
正面区别于原版的摆轮模组
默认35-01密底降低破绽

既要面子又要里子14w8起步
山度士Vaucher摆轮模组

另外5级钛也能做 但是太贵
宇航材料限购导致成本15w
整表要32w8水晶壳突破41w5

上述文案为目前已出改装方案
持续更新2021.12.03敬请期待

Lol...basically on last word were talking about if you want 1:1 rep (use gen movement from Vaucher)
the starting price is $148000 rmb.
I think for this kind of price, people who will to buy it, they try to scam on eBay or someone else for sale gen price to make some money for sure. Lol

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Can you tell us where you got this pictures from? Direct source.

are you kidding me. The source is at the right bottom corner. As you cannot read it the source is of no use to you as you most likely cannot have access to it.

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
Lol...basically on last word were talking about if you want 1:1 rep (use gen movement from Vaucher)
the starting price is $148000 rmb.
I think for this kind of price, people who will to buy it, they try to scam on eBay or someone else for sale gen price to make some money for sure. Lol

$20,000 for a rep RM movement, YIKES.

Corvax

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/18
talk about a price of $ 10-20k for a rep movement is complete nonsense in my opinion, if only because:

firstly, as we can see, there are several clone movement on the market, ap 3120, pp 324, and I'm not even talking about a Rolex movement (I would not say that this movement is simpler than the movement of RM).

No one watch with a clone movement costs more than $500.

And the most important thing: the original movement on the basis of which RMUL3 is made is vaucher 3002, its price is about a 1k Swiss francs, if I'm not mistaken, so I don't understand how a clone movement can cost more.

https://www.thenakedwatchmaker.com/new-page-4

Last edited:

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
talk about a price of $ 10-20k for a rep movement is complete nonsense in my opinion, if only because:

firstly, as we can see, there are several clone movement on the market, ap 3120, pp 324, and I'm not even talking about a Rolex movement (I would not say that this movement is simpler than the movement of RM).

No one watch with a clone movement costs more than $500.

And the most important thing: the original movement on the basis of which RMUL3 is made is vaucher 3002, its price is about a 1k Swiss francs, if I'm not mistaken, so I don't understand how a clone movement can cost more.

True if they rep the movement the we will see ap royal oak 34mm woth clone movements aswell.

BIONONE

28/4/17

the original movement on the basis of which RMUL3 is made is vaucher 3002, its price is about a 1k Swiss francs, if I'm not mistaken, so I don't understand how a clone movement can cost more.

Exactly what I thought the whole time - I followed the thread with excitement because a new movement is always something to build upon.

If they would've used a gen vaucher they could have also used the regulator and the balance wheel from the said movement while skeletonizing the bridges or even making new bridges from skratch.

This operation would still never cost the price up in the tenths of thousands.

To me this movement looks advanced compared to other clones - it still got the typical regulator which leads to the assumption that they went a comparable route as the clones that we know following the credo of utilizing the knowledge that the Chinese manufacturers have combined with completely new movement layouts - may they be reconstructed according to the gen or not.
All that while keeping costs in mind of course.

I really hope there will be some valid information after CNY and the option to buy such nice ingenuity for the sake of it - not because it is RM but it is another mile stone.

Who would've thought of that 10 years ago... let alone the craziness of the gen world.

Last edited:

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
So assuming this watch is listed for 10-20-30k USD, this brings up a question that often seems to be brushed aside on these forums. The existence of ultra high-end reps (precious metals, crazy moments, real jewels etc.).

I’ve seen and heard of ppl buying solid gold reps via the factories in Asia for ~10k USD (a handsome chunk of change, but still factors less than what the Gen would cost). This begs the question, who sells these reps? Do you guys think an RWI TD would be able to get us in on the action?

I know I’d be willing to shell out good money for a solid gold 116508…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I agree with BIONONE and Corvax , the minimum buy from Vaucher is 25kCHF for 25 movements (1k each, roughly $30k total), and if this was built from a sourced Vaucher the finishing would be an order of magnitude better on all the parts we can see. Watch movements are relatively simple in principle, and the tough part of cloning this particular one is the materials involved and a couple trick Vaucher developments like the barrel clutch and regulator system. We've seen other clones that are made from modified movements or assembled with parts that already exist in the marketplace (the regulated balances of the VR clones, for example), and once you manage to engineer the bridges you can use existing wheels and parts from existing watch factories for 90% of the movement. Judging by that regulated balance, that's just what's done here. There's no practical reason this would be so ludicrously expensive, and I'm hopeful we'll know more in early 2022. Slap this in a ZF case and I'll buy every variant if they aren't trying to run game on prices.

Last edited:

Keylog74

14/6/13
This is a usual pure speculation, most of the time members with translators trying to bring the latest news without actually checking facts.

I was offered to buy this movement , the €equivalent for preorder was around €1800 (rmb converted straight from China) movement only and no case or other parts.

Said NO!

1- because preorder hype is huge and price is always to high

2- because I don’t intended nor I do now to build a rm watch!

If comes out any price in 1k I’ll probably take one just for the sake of seeing it but no use for the watch.

This can’t be a solo man operation because if you have a little background in China production you would know how it works:

Someone makes a cad, factory gets involved, makes prototypes, starts production line… (same as buff guy, he develops than sends to factory to produce I know this for fact)

If this movement will be at high price be ready to see this one “killed” very soon. If it will be more or less “affordable “ factories will do their job like they do with all clone movements, put it in every fawking watch they can to make some $$$$

Ps: please don’t speculate and talk like 5-10-20-30k are peanuts neither compare this with phong reps for that range price who not only have precious metal value but also host real genuine movements with real genuine value to it.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Ps: please don’t speculate and talk like 5-10-20-30k are peanuts neither compare this with phong reps for that range price who not only have precious metal value but also host real genuine movements with real genuine value to it.

Mic drop lol

Reactions: JonathanLing91