• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

first super clone RM movement

Corvax

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/18
Thank you for the updates you are posting, do you have any update for the estimate time will buy availiable and pricing?

I do not have any insider information, I just search for information in Chinese open sources using a translator, while there is very little information and it is contradictory, I try to filter it before publishing it here. several sources have reported a price of 6500 rmb ($ 1k), no further details are available yet.

Reactions: GiantSquid and j21

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
I personally starting to think that pricing will change on batches? Depending on the quality, materials, details etc overall accuracy i guess

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
j6wkNo.jpg
j6wsMW.jpg
j6wM1P.jpg
j6w4HJ.jpg
j6wugS.jpg
j6w7oQ.jpg
j6wETL.jpg

Hey guys hope Im not off topic here, but has any of u seen these new RMs? Got this pic from a friend.
​​

These actually look pretty decent

Last edited:

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Can u imagine cloning such a complicated movement just to misspell the name of the watch brand LMAOOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This movement, though openworked, is not a complicated one, the original movement is made by vaucher, not RM. Its construction is also pretty straightforward as you can see.

Personally I never liked the Richard thing and I will not buy that either. I posted this thread because I want to wait and see what its escapement part will eventually be like. If it comes with weights, a lot more Swiss movements from reputable brands can be replicated well too.

Reactions: Revolper

Seven7r

24/5/15

Hey guys hope Im not off topic here, but has any of u seen these new RMs? Got this pic from a friend.
​​

Too bad the black ones in gen aren't NTPT but are ceramic(?) and the white TPT ones have white colored bridges, not black. Hope they remake this with the proper materials and colors as these look promising.

Rollieyeehy

Horology Curious
11/2/20
Too bad the black ones in gen aren't NTPT but are ceramic(?) and the white TPT ones have white colored bridges, not black. Hope they remake this with the proper materials and colors as these look promising.

These are cheaper than the ZFs too. Shame we dont have enough info.

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
I didn't wanted to be the one to give bad news cuz i had huge hopes for it too but lads looks like sources has confirmed that 035 movt shown in the video needs a donor movt to modify into the RM movt and making it 1 of 1 Mainspring position and other parts cannot be replicated like snapping fingers. So mass production cannot be made without extensive work and the current situation of industry does not make it easy. This movt in the video is only for ultra high end buyers like the ones buy solid gold rolex, ap, pp reps. Sellers will be charging 230K RMB minimum for 1 watch!!! Info is solid i promise you on that. Don't expect good news in near future due to the climate of the industry. There is interest in the movement and project itself does exist but don't expect huge developments and news soon. The photos that we seen has been released by factory themselves and many sellers are trying to pull fast one saying things like they made it or asking random prices for it. For now none if this is known.

Last edited:
Reactions: j21

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
I didn't wanted to be the one to give bad news cuz i had huge hopes for it too but lads looks like sources has confirmed that 035 movt shown in the video needs a donor movt to modify into the RM movt and making it 1 of 1 Mainspring position and other parts cannot be replicated like snapping fingers. So mass production cannot be made without extensive work and the current situation of industry does not make it easy. This movt in the video is only for ultra high end buyers like the ones buy solid gold rolex, ap, pp reps. Sellers will be charging 230K RMB minimum for 1 watch!!! Info is solid i promise you on that. Don't expect good news in near future due to the climate of the industry. There is interest in the movement and project itself does exist but don't expect huge developments and news soon. The photos that we seen has been released by factory themselves and many sellers are trying to pull fast one saying things like they made it or asking random prices for it. For now none if this is known.

Fml, thanks for letting us know mate, better now than waiting months without reason, at least we know and can move on

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
If the movement in the video exists, it means the CAD exists, and if the CAD exists in the wild it's just a matter of time before someone else makes a version, even if it skips the fancy clutch and has a false second barrel. There's so much random info out there that we're not going to know for sure until the thing comes out. It'll be what it is at the pricepoint it's set at, and there ain't much we can do about it except wait and see. It does show that custom or better reps are within people's capabilities, and with smaller scale manufacturing and rapid prototyping it's just going to be more accessible as time goes on.

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Europe

$35,000.00 USD for a replica watch?
Sounds like bollocks to me..

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
$35,000.00 USD for a replica watch?
Sounds like bollocks to me..

That's the case sadly looks like to the "clone movement" is not a clone from ground up just modified vaucher that they source.

Eseips

5/4/16
But isn't that contradicting? The pictures look like it's a fabricated, not modified movement. You can even see steps of manufacturing (black coating polished away, etc). Even if it was modified, 30k+ seems to be nonsense. Then we clearly see the CADs, another clue... I'm still hopefully optimistic that they're actually building it themselves and then economy of scale basically guarantees a lower price. Can't wait for more updates.