• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

first super clone RM movement

Benjijm

Gold Patron
29/4/18
Clone movement yes. Cheap price no because limited supply

Let’s just hope it’s not $42,000 under $10,000 I would say is realistic (hopefully)

Sent from my 15202

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Let’s just hope it’s not $42,000 under $10,000 I would say is realistic (hopefully)

Sent from my 15202

Who knows but i personally exoect to be things being better in q2-q3 2022

Eseips

5/4/16
Most certinally that will happen eventually but we gotta recall the price noob paid back in the day for the 4130. Considering that its much more easier to understand the slow development on the mass producment. The price is really step only thing we can do is wait for good news. Considering the fact that there are reps for many watches between 5-20k. One of the more known examples i can give is Phongs 1518 and 2499 if i recall correctly is around 20+. so really expensive reps don't shock me anymore im used to it. Gen rm movement obviously doesn't cost that much but probably people who buy it will determine the action factories will take based on the interest on the project and probably fund the cost at the same time. Funding thing is my guess but thats an possibility. I double checked personally many of my contacts and yes those are the price currently for the movement sadly. Who knows but exciting things are ahead of the rep world. Who would have imagined like back in 2015 that we would see 035, 4130, 3120, 324, proper 3135 clones. Considering the way the industry and technology moves anything can happen i guess.

I'd also hope for the 5-12k range for high quality in small to medium production. How small we talkin?
also, those phongs you mentioned, never heard of them, could you explain? Thank you so much for everyone's input.

Tebburaner

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/9/16
Just got an answer from one of my sources. He says as in his words. "Standart china bullshitting. Not possible." Asks you if thats the case then purchase it. If you get the real thing then asks you where you purchased it so they can buy it aswell. He says things with this level of certinity when he knows it ain't gonna happen.

I know we're both just messengers but seems very defensive on his part. I have seen some gen Richard Mille movements (maybe not RMUL2/3) off of RM010/RM005 go for less money than RMB300,000, so that price for a Chinese-made movement is ridiculous. It would even be cheaper to buy unskeletonized vouchers, take them apart, and redevelop the skeleton bridges for those movements and sell them modified in that form.

Lets look at the economics behind this- the Noob 4130 is in all aspects more complex and harder to produce than this skeletonized Vaucher ebauche and the watches are only USD6-800. Last I heard, the development of the Noob 4130 all in was <RMB20,000,000, but I do believe the development cost for simpler movements is probably less, especially now with more advanced R&D. This is the only reason why we have 100 different 3135/3186/3235 copies, 925 Jaeger copy, 3120 and 324 from AP and Patek, random skeleton tourbillons - the R&D cost has gone down a lot.

So let's say the development cost for the RM movement, including buying a gen RM, is <RMB12,000,000. Would any reasonable business think it's a prudent decision to make just 40(!) movements to try to recoup a 12 million sunk development cost? That literally makes zero sense. Yes, probably those 40 would be sold, but how big is the market for an RMB300k fake watch compared to an RMB3k or even RMB30k watch? They will make a lot more money-making a lot more of those movements cheaper.

I'm perfectly happy to accept that the people making these movements are as ridiculous as that and I'm completely wrong, but lets sit tight and see first?

Last edited:

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
I know we're both just messengers but seems very defensive on his part. I have seen some gen Richard Mille movements (maybe not RMUL2/3) off of RM010/RM005 go for less money than RMB300,000, so that price for a Chinese-made movement is ridiculous. It would even be cheaper to buy unskeletonized vouchers, take them apart, and redevelop the skeleton bridges for those movements and sell them modified in that form.

Lets look at the economics behind this- the Noob 4130 is in all aspects more complex and harder to produce than this skeletonized Vaucher ebauche and the watches are only USD6-800. Last I heard, the development of the Noob 4130 all in was <RMB20,000,000, but I do believe the development cost for simpler movements is probably less, especially now with more advanced R&D. This is the only reason why we have 100 different 3135/3186/3235 copies, 925 Jaeger copy, 3120 and 324 from AP and Patek, random skeleton tourbillons - the R&D cost has gone down a lot.

So let's say the development cost for the RM movement, including buying a gen RM, is <RMB12,000,000. Would any reasonable business think it's a prudent decision to make just 40(!) movements to try to recoup a 12 million sunk development cost? That literally makes zero sense. Yes, probably those 40 would be sold, but how big is the market for an RMB300k fake watch compared to an RMB3k or even RMB30k watch? They will make a lot more money-making a lot more of those movements cheaper.

I'm perfectly happy to accept that the people making these movements are as ridiculous as that and I'm completely wrong, but lets sit tight and see first?

Yea man i agree with that what can we do but looks like thats the price. I guess it has to be even less than 40 for those prices.

RD35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/3/21
Can't wait to see pics once available.

RD35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/3/21
Is this from a TD website? Thanks for sharing.
I want to see it in a full RM watch.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
If they can make this under $5k I'll buy every variant they make, lol. I don't see many options for attaching the autowind bridge, but the gen has a big plate that screws onto the movement bridges and I don't see anywhere to attach it besides the stock screw holes. They could hide the gearing on that plate but there are very limited options for power transfer to the barrels

Corvax

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/18
« 理查德米勒RM35-01理查德米尔顶级改装手动双发条机芯,天花板级别的存在,可以后改无卡度,可改游丝摆轮镀黑,可加配种砝码块,可改白色宝石轴承,机芯现货……可装自动陀改RM35-02款式,也可以改装机芯夹板装配全系列RM055以及全系列RM035和全系列RM61-01»

Richard Mille RM35-01 Richard Mille's top modified manual dual-winding movement, the existence of the ceiling level, can be changed without card degree, can be changed to black-plated hairspring balance, can be equipped with a weight block, can be changed White jewel bearing, movement in stock... It can be installed with automatic rotor to change the style of RM35-02, or it can be modified to install the whole series of RM055, the whole series of RM035 and the whole series of RM61-01.

Reactions: j21 and GiantSquid

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Corvax what's your source? Don't need to reveal specifics, but is this from the web, from personal sources, etc? I'd love to believe it'll be that widely available and as cheap as you mentioned but there's so much speculation and unsourced info going around.