• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

first super clone RM movement

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
As far as i and my contacts can confirm in local market the price is around 280k-320k rmb just for the movement. Since its not going to be mass produced prices are high. As far my contacts go there is not a exact date but ABD says that they will not be charging that high compared to market and they will offer all their services included with the watch. Not shilling anything just writing the info i know to the people.

Last edited:

Benjijm

Gold Patron
29/4/18
As far as i and my contacts can confirm in local market the price is around 280k-320k rmb just for the movement. Since its not going to be mass produced prices are high. As far my contacts go there is not a exact date but ABD says that they will not be charging that high compared to market and they will offer all their services included with the watch. Not shilling anything just writing the info i know to the people.

So £30,000 or $42,000 roughly for this new ‘clone’ movement…

Sent from my 15202

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
So £30,000 or $42,000 roughly for this new ‘clone’ movement…

Sent from my 15202
Looks like thats to be the case since its not mass produced costs are too high

Last edited:

Timrm

24/4/18
Wait what the watch will cost 30-40k all together ?

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Timrm

24/4/18
lol. For that price I want the full retail experience with after sales service from a reputable brand.

Exactly, add 5k and you can get a full gold Rolex daydate. These will be the reps shady dealers will use to scam athletes and rappers

Sent from the RWI App

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Sounds not very plausible. Even gen RM movement doesn’t cost that much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Corvax

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Even if the price is true (which I highly doubt) what would stop a factory like ZF to buy it and take apart the movement and mass produce a clone of the clone.
It will be much cheaper for them to do that instead of buying a gen and taking it apart.

I am hopeful that a clone at a reasonable price will be out eventually.

Reactions: XLR8R

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15
Even if the price is true (which I highly doubt) what would stop a factory like ZF to buy it and take apart the movement and mass produce a clone of the clone.
It will be much cheaper for them to do that instead of buying a gen and taking it apart.

Totally agree with you, the step is taken, we just need to wait for it.

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18

Most certinally that will happen eventually but we gotta recall the price noob paid back in the day for the 4130. Considering that its much more easier to understand the slow development on the mass producment. The price is really step only thing we can do is wait for good news. Considering the fact that there are reps for many watches between 5-20k. One of the more known examples i can give is Phongs 1518 and 2499 if i recall correctly is around 20+. so really expensive reps don't shock me anymore im used to it. Gen rm movement obviously doesn't cost that much but probably people who buy it will determine the action factories will take based on the interest on the project and probably fund the cost at the same time. Funding thing is my guess but thats an possibility. I double checked personally many of my contacts and yes those are the price currently for the movement sadly. Who knows but exciting things are ahead of the rep world. Who would have imagined like back in 2015 that we would see 035, 4130, 3120, 324, proper 3135 clones. Considering the way the industry and technology moves anything can happen i guess.

Last edited:

jpereira88

Known Member
2/8/16
Most certinally that will happen eventually but we gotta recall the price noob paid back in the day for the 4130. Considering that its much more easier to understand the slow development on the mass producment. The price is really step only thing we can do is wait for good news. Considering the fact that there are reps for many watches between 5-20k. One of the more known examples i can give is Phongs 1518 and 2499 if i recall correctly is around 20+. so really expensive reps don't shock me anymore im used to it. Gen rm movement obviously doesn't cost that much but probably people who buy it will determine the action factories will take based on the interest on the project and probably fund the cost at the same time. Funding thing is my guess but thats an possibility. I double checked personally many of my contacts and yes those are the price currently for the movement sadly. Who knows but exciting things are ahead of the rep world. Who would have imagined like back in 2015 that we would see 035, 4130, 3120, 324, proper 3135 clones. Considering the way the industry and technology moves anything can happen i guess.

unfortunately the 4130 is gone now, but i do find it odd tht certain chinese modders seem to have an endless supply

Tebburaner

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/9/16
I heard from my dealers that the movement comes in single barrel, grade 2 and grade 5 titanium plate forms, pricing from rmb3800 for the single barrel to rmb11500 for the grade 5 titanium double barrel version. You then have addons like clear rubies/gyro max balance wheel of gen vaucher movements which further bump up the price. Asked about a white NTPT RM061, all said and done, about RMB35k

Reactions: XLR8R and Edgematic

Eseips

5/4/16
I heard from my dealers that the movement comes in single barrel, grade 2 and grade 5 titanium plate forms, pricing from rmb3800 for the single barrel to rmb11500 for the grade 5 titanium double barrel version. You then have addons like clear rubies/gyro max balance wheel of gen vaucher movements which further bump up the price. Asked about a white NTPT RM061, all said and done, about RMB35k

If that is true, that would be awesome, since the price is absolutely OK. Makes more sense to have a price like that, produce in higher quantity and I will definitely get one. Any idea when? After cny probably or earlier? Like many others, I'm waiting for years

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18

Hopefully that will be the case man ill ask about those configs.

Last edited:

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18

Just got an answer from one of my sources. He says as in his words. "Standart china bullshitting. Not possible." Asks you if thats the case then purchase it. If you get the real thing then asks you where you purchased it so they can buy it aswell. He says things with this level of certinity when he knows it ain't gonna happen.

Benjijm

Gold Patron
29/4/18
Just got an answer from one of my sources. He says as in his words. "Standart china bullshitting. Not possible." Asks you if thats the case then purchase it. If you get the real thing then asks you where you purchased it so they can buy it aswell. He says things with this level of certinity when he knows it ain't gonna happen.

So no clone movement?…:(

Sent from my 15202