first super clone RM movement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swiss_goupil View Post
    35 and 55 use the same movement except for the winding module if I am not mistaken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same movement indeed, only different plate design
    WANTED: HUBLOT BIG BANG 41MM A7750. IF YOU HAVE ONE BITING DUST, PM ME!

Comment

Excited to see this

Comment

So...zf 35-02 v5, with this v4 beautiful case and a clone movement? Lol... I will be pretty happy if that will happen, thats for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by j21 View Post
          So...zf 35-02 v5, with this v4 beautiful case and a clone movement? Lol... I will be pretty happy if that will happen, thats for sure...
          Yes like I said V4 is a waste of time…

Comment

Originally posted by GiantSquid View Post
            While I'm an inveterate skeptic and doubt this very much, I'll be among the first to buy it if it's real. Surprised they'd start with a 55 instead of a 005 or 10 or even an 11.

I'll believe it when I see it on my wrist!

On the topic of the 11 movement, I saw a teardown video recently that showed that the movement is actually just a standard Vaucher with the chronograph and big date module built on top of a plate that's on top of the movement. It's definitely something that looks like it could be cloned given that the chrono/big date is a modular part that could be driven from any one of a bunch of standard rep movements. Cloning that module is doable and would make a functional and reliable rep of a super popular RM model, so it seems a logical path to pursue.
            This one?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CWgU_...dium=copy_link

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss_goupil View Post

This one?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CWgU_...dium=copy_link

That's the one! It'd be a hell of a lot easier to build a module on top of the plate rather than trying to integrate it into a movement. I figured this was what Angus was talking about a couple years ago when there were rumors of the RM11 clone.

Comment

As far as i and my contacts can confirm in local market the price is around 280k-320k rmb just for the movement. Since its not going to be mass produced prices are high. As far my contacts go there is not a exact date but ABD says that they will not be charging that high compared to market and they will offer all their services included with the watch. Not shilling anything just writing the info i know to the people.
                Last edited by XLR8R; 24-11-21, 12:50.

Comment

Originally posted by XLR8R View Post
                  As far as i and my contacts can confirm in local market the price is around 280k-320k rmb just for the movement. Since its not going to be mass produced prices are high. As far my contacts go there is not a exact date but ABD says that they will not be charging that high compared to market and they will offer all their services included with the watch. Not shilling anything just writing the info i know to the people.
                  So £30,000 or $42,000 roughly for this new ‘clone’ movement…

Sent from my 15202

Comment

Originally posted by Benjijm View Post

So £30,000 or $42,000 roughly for this new ‘clone’ movement…

Sent from my 15202
                    Looks like thats to be the case since its not mass produced costs are too high
                    Last edited by XLR8R; 24-11-21, 13:08.

Comment

Wait what the watch will cost 30-40k all together ?

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Comment

Originally posted by Timrm View Post

lol. For that price I want the full retail experience with after sales service from a reputable brand.

Comment

Originally posted by Timrm View Post

Who knows man who knows

Comment

Originally posted by asuwere View Post

lol. For that price I want the full retail experience with after sales service from a reputable brand.
                            Exactly, add 5k and you can get a full gold Rolex daydate. These will be the reps shady dealers will use to scam athletes and rappers

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Sounds not very plausible. Even gen RM movement doesn’t cost that much

Comment

Even if the price is true (which I highly doubt) what would stop a factory like ZF to buy it and take apart the movement and mass produce a clone of the clone.
                                It will be much cheaper for them to do that instead of buying a gen and taking it apart.

I am hopeful that a clone at a reasonable price will be out eventually.

Comment

Working...
                                X