• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

first super clone RM movement

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Well shit, looks like that 55 movement was legit, cause this has the same weird escapement placement as the ebay photos. I'd buy that in a heartbeat, that's cool as hell.

Reactions: Mayor_McCheese

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
How come our TDs don't have any info on this or isn't shareing any info on this. Would love to hear our TDs take on this development.

I chatted with the guy watermarked in the first few pics of corvex.

His claim is that he made this movement and sold them for 8,500 RMB aprox $1300 back in November 2021. He made only 100 pieces and will not be making anymore. Therefore in the second hand market the watch is going for 50,000+ RMB. I don't know how much of this is true. Because he said he is currently taking orders for the more expensive (390,000 RMB) version with the gen like movement layout.

That's why I wish TDs if they have any knowledge regarding this would be much appreciated.

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
How come our TDs don't have any info on this or isn't shareing any info on this. Would love to hear our TDs take on this development.

His claim is that he made this movement and sold them for 8,500 RMB aprox $1300 back in November 2021. He made only 100 pieces and will not be making anymore. Therefore in the second hand market the watch is going for 50,000+ RMB. I don't know how much of this is true. Because he said he is currently taking orders for the more expensive (390,000 RMB) version with the gen like movement layout.

That's why I wish TDs if they have any knowledge regarding this would be much appreciated.

The first source that was shared publicly in here claimed same things aswell. He said they manufactured it and market is going crazy. He said there was 3 batches of movement etc 8500 rmb etc etc which as far as i know batches of movements were not the intention of makers when i checked. Like proper clone idk. I personally think that movement factory makes them in small batches to demonstrate market, factories etc.To get interest of factories etc. Think of it like abd they can make things and sell it to market, manufacture other things aswell but main goal is to get bigger and get factories interest with batches? If that would be the case i think batches can depend on the level of accuracy they want? This batch does look like a gen layout asian movement? Like how things are with sa/sh/vr/vs3135s interesting times gentleman i will personally look into it more because looks like industry is returning to its normal state.

Last edited:

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
MasterWatch that makes sense considering there clearly appear to be two different specs made in two entirely different ways. The 55 above looks like someone took the wheel train from an existing watch and machined up a set of bridges to hold it, then filled the gaps with deco. All in, a much easier (lol) task than cloning a full movement but with 90% of the same effect for the end user. This jives with the others' observations here and the image of the tray of movements that clearly have brass wheels sandwiched between decorated bridges. It tracks that these exist and are wholly different than some of the other images, which show the upgrades. I do hope XLR8R is correct that these are teasers of sorts and that a big name factory will pick up the production and give us some economies of scale, because $60k for a cloned 3 hand watch, no matter how advanced, is absurd. You'll be able to get a gen for that once the current bubble bursts, I bet.

Good sleuthing, I appreciate you both and look forward to what develops next.

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
I am gonna have to sell some of my vintage bourbon collection to buy this 055, 35-01 and 35-02 .... exciting times ahead indeed.

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
The finishing on the ceramic looks to be brushed instead of matte/satin like on the gen. Hope they can fix that and then it'll be an instant buy for me

Corvax

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/18
https://youtu.be/gWCRnAa0vIA

055 NTPT case
movement looks bigger than in gen
and does not give the impression of an “airy”, light and transparent movement, but it is definitely a step forward

Last edited:

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
So from the videos posted by corvex.
It seems like that various modders bought the movement from movement supplier and then assembled them in ZF case. Hence the "Qs Make" and "LZ Make" watermarked videos.

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
5f3bc198954ff44d7bfbd47f7c687932.jpg

WeChat Translation:
617481b46240e7a7cafbd0c6b7579da8.jpg

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK

[mention]jtimewatch [/mention] maybe Li knows something by now?
If yes put me on the “waiting list” lol

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk