• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

first super clone RM movement

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Europe
Nice to see some progress! If some random Ebay seller can get ahold of the movements, then our TDs can't be far behind ( I hope )

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
i think the eBay listing is just for a feeler to see if there is a demand for such movements out side of the replica scene.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
My hope is this project doesn’t die in the water and become an obscure movement that only exist if you want to pay a large sum of money. It’s similar to if you want a custom case for your watch. They exist just they cost a lot.

afdxb22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/6/19
My hope is this project doesn’t die in the water and become an obscure movement that only exist if you want to pay a large sum of money. It’s similar to if you want a custom case for your watch. They exist just they cost a lot.

Honestly I think the project was born to that intent,
BUT, companies like ZF, will work on making an affordable version as it is in their best interest to sell a couple thousand RM reps.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Honestly I think the project was born to that intent,
BUT, companies like ZF, will work on making an affordable version as it is in their best interest to sell a couple thousand RM reps.

I agree with that. I wonder if we will ever know the true specs on these. If its a custom made movement from the ground up or, which is the most logical, a base asian movment thats modified. Would be amazing if it was swiss to give it a bit more realism.

NickNickNickk

4/6/21
The video looks to be of a Gen. Coz the jewel is white. All the clone movements have red jewel.

this does not look right. On the video there’s a oversized balance wheel. Take a picture of it and compare it to a gen.
I really hope what’s in the video isn’t the final outcome.
and maybe we will have a v1, 2, 3,….idk, only guessing at this point.

Let’s find out after cny

have a nice day everyone

NickNickNickk

4/6/21
Also waiting for a video of the 35 movement in action…

is this a good time to invest in ZF cases??

Corvax

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/18

it looks like we have two different movements that are not interconnected, as if they were made by different factories.
why i think so:
1. I see differences in the balance wheel, both front and back.
2. I see other gears, they have fewer teeth than in those photos that were here earlier.
In the photo, I marked the differences that I noticed.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Pay attention to the escape wheel and the hacking lever - the ones in the eBay listing are markedly different (and nonfunctional in the case of the hacking lever) than the ones of the clone shots we've been seeing. Escape wheel pivot is lower down and the wheel itself is much finer in the eBay shots, almost like someone tore down another movement and stuck the parts in a frame that closely approximates the 55, while that hacking lever is printed on and not an actual piece. What this is (or whether it's a good or bad sign) I don't know but it's NOT the same movement as the images we've been seeing.

EDIT: Well done Corvax , see post above for an actual photo explanation!

Last edited:
Reactions: Corvax

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa
Grabs popcorn...great to have a competitive market so there isn't a monopoly. This will lead to better pricing for us

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
it looks like we have two different movements that are not interconnected, as if they were made by different factories.
why i think so:
2. I see other gears, they have fewer teeth than in those photos that were here earlier.

Great insight!

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK

why i think so:

Very productive post man! Thanks

This is GREAT news!
I can’t wait to get that bubba and that Nadal…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
I’m just praying still it makes it to the sub 2k pricing still. I really hope someone tells ZF we are waiting on this from them so they can make it lol.

NickNickNickk

4/6/21
Really looking forward to see the RM35,02 movement. In the photos it looks a bit more like the gen. Comparing the size of the balance wheel. And it doesn’t have gold wheel