• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

first super clone RM movement

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
So for anyone that has ever seen one in person will know the difference without having to know much about horology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disagree. You know the because your a ref forum member and can’t help see the differences.....for all other owners (non WIS) These watches just look like hot messes. I’ve handled more than I care to remember and apart from gen vs rep fit, finish and quality (which is day and night), I certainly can’t spot the visual differences...way too much shit going on the dial

Sent from the RWI App

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
Disagree. You know the because your a ref forum member and can’t help see the differences.....for all other owners (non WIS) These watches just look like hot messes. I’ve handled more than I care to remember and apart from gen vs rep fit, finish and quality (which is day and night), I certainly can’t spot the visual differences...way too much shit going on the dial

Sent from the RWI App

I get what you saying… let me put in different words..

But if you’re having the chance to hold a £300k+ watch you will remember this… I still remember my reaction holding a platinum watch for the first time, zero knowledge of horology just impressed with the weight difference from a steel and platinum Daytona.
Something will catch your attention when u hold such an expensive piece, and with the Rm it will be the movement of the gears and the balance wheel. At least that was it for me.
Back in the day I wasn’t here at all and much less to understand differences gen VS rep.

Watch any video with the RM movement rolling.
Than watch a video of a ZF…

It’s literally in your face. And that’s why this clone movement is such a game changer.

saschinkaiya

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/20
I get what you saying… let me put in different words..

But if you’re having the chance to hold a £300k+ watch you will remember this… I still remember my reaction holding a platinum watch for the first time, zero knowledge of horology just impressed with the weight difference from a steel and platinum Daytona.
Something will catch your attention when u hold such an expensive piece, and with the Rm it will be the movement of the gears and the balance wheel. At least that was it for me.
Back in the day I wasn’t here at all and much less to understand differences gen VS rep.

Watch any video with the RM movement rolling.
Than watch a video of a ZF…

It’s literally in your face. And that’s why this clone movement is such a game changer.

The movement is always a game changer in an skeleton watch (in this case the rm35), has not really sth. to do with being rm or not.

Also people who have many luxury watches say, that rm feels doesnt feel like such an expensive watch, compared to other luxury brands in that price range (ofc is doesnt change the fact that rm watches are still worth that much).

Even producer michael who has a few rms said, that they sometimes have dropouts (dont know if thats the right word) and he considers it mostly being a bubble (existing because of an outstanding marketing by Richard Mille) that will burst sooner or later, because the movement is in no way comparable with other watches over 200 or 300k

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
The movement is always a game changer in an skeleton watch (in this case the rm35), has not really sth. to do with being rm or not.

Also people who have many luxury watches say, that rm feels doesnt feel like such an expensive watch, compared to other luxury brands in that price range (ofc is doesnt change the fact that rm watches are still worth that much).

Even producer michael who has a few rms said, that they sometimes have dropouts (dont know if thats the right word) and he considers it mostly being a bubble (existing because of an outstanding marketing by Richard Mille) that will burst sooner or later, because the movement is in no way comparable with other watches over 200 or 300k

True man

It’s just that in this particular model the dial being skeleton it’s the Only thing that makes it pop. Without is just dull, especially for the manual winding ones that you can literally move it around without it starting to run.

My grail is the AP Perpetual Calendar Ultra Thin, it costs about £200-300k.
Made of platinum and titanium and it’s so thin that they need to use the dial as bridge to make it work. Just an unbelievable piece of art. Way more valuable than a RM in my eyes.

Obviously also impossible to clone (at least atm)

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15

/OT Producer Michael who nowadays only talks/showcase about reps seems to me.

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
Any updates about the movement?

Reactions: greenbeans

Timrm

24/4/18
Any news if we will get the finished Watch in Q1 ?

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

evvo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/11/21
yeah bu the movement seems right but the case lets a bit down :D if the case wer right then its a hella-va rm

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
yeah bu the movement seems right but the case lets a bit down :D if the case wer right then its a hella-va rm

Absolutely not. You’re as wrong as you can possibly be.