• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM035 V4 Released

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
To further this covo on people with Gen wearing reps, I can relate. I'm a gen Rolex, Patek, and AP client yet Patek and AP usually do me dirty. Not sure if it's on purpose or just for fun lol.

The biggest tell to a rep will always be yourself more than a watch. A guy with the right lifestyle wearing a rep won't get called out as fast as a guy wearing a gen without it. I say buy what you like and enjoy it.

with this ZF I don't understand why they are fixated on micro upgrades to a watch that has bigger issues at hand. I love the RM35-02 but it's such a complex piece to make. They really would be better suited to just make a RM 010, RM 023, RM 029, RM 030 or even a RM 67-01 maybe a RM 67-02 but its a big maybe. If they did any of these I can imagine the accuracy out of the box. It would also be easier on them and I imagine they would sell a lot more of these.

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
agreed with most of it. Being a gen patek client myself, a RG 5990 is a whole lot of purchases away for me though hahaha.

I would rather put my money into where i work and other financial assets that i have more control over though but that's just me.

Enjoy your watches bro and yes the biggest tell in a rep is you.

Back to topic, IMO the v4 isn't much of an upgrade for the price and i just don't really like the way RMs wear anyway :/

that’s the thing bro, these 5990 specially in rg retail at £82k and are trading grey mkt for nearly £400k as standard.
It’s sitting in a safety deposit box anyway. Already got offered £285k and declined (for now). When someone offers me £370k mark I let it go no problem, can get a brand new F8 Spider fully loaded with the profit…
RMs are made for sports, so it’s a watch that won’t bother you spanking balls playing tennis or whatever sport you’re doing.
I love the way it wears, feels like it’s not even there…

my thoughts are, if they did that Excalibur RD rep movement, they can do the RM035, they just don’t want it as they’re only at V4, I guess around V10 they do it. While we wait and buy whatever the V10 sits in the drawer waiting for them to profit with the previous 6 versions…

To further this covo on people with Gen wearing reps, I can relate. I'm a gen Rolex, Patek, and AP client yet Patek and AP usually do me dirty. Not sure if it's on purpose or just for fun lol.

The biggest tell to a rep will always be yourself more than a watch. A guy with the right lifestyle wearing a rep won't get called out as fast as a guy wearing a gen without it. I say buy what you like and enjoy it.

with this ZF I don't understand why they are fixated on micro upgrades to a watch that has bigger issues at hand. I love the RM35-02 but it's such a complex piece to make. They really would be better suited to just make a RM 010, RM 023, RM 029, RM 030 or even a RM 67-01 maybe a RM 67-02 but its a big maybe. If they did any of these I can imagine the accuracy out of the box. It would also be easier on them and I imagine they would sell a lot more of these.

I used to dress fancy etc, worry a lot…
these days I’m only plain t-shirt and jeans kind of guy…
sometimes shorts and flip flops…

If I’m wearing a rep and anyone asks I’ll tell it’s a rep of this factory and if it’s Franken I’ll say it. (Obviously only if the person shows interest when I say it’s a rep)
If I’m using gen and someone goes all funny saying it’s rep I just go along, say all I have are reps… no one has anything to prove… people are jealous and will assume for their own sad benefit, because if they believe you have the real deal they may feel lesser than you…. And upset.. not for not working hard, or not risking, not studying etc… for not having what you have without the level of effort you have done… f*** them…

I had omegas all built from NOS parts all gen parts around $4k.
It was fun to show people how I pulled of many watches…

some like the Daytona’s are just impossible….
so we get rep… no biggie…
mala o rep is cheap… good not to spend a fortune to have an amazing piece on the wrist… even the Dubai or Monaco snobs have to admit that

Reactions: Mercedesslr

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
I had omegas all built from NOS parts all gen parts around $4k.
It was fun to show people how I pulled of many watches…

some like the Daytona’s are just impossible….
so we get rep… no biggie…
mala o rep is cheap… good not to spend a fortune to have an amazing piece on the wrist… even the Dubai or Monaco snobs have to admit that

I agree with your logic just wear and enjoy whatever you have regardless. People will try to put you down for their own benefit. I've been blessed to have a few awesome gens in my collection but at the same time, I still yearn to get pieces like vintage Daytona's with special dials or RM's. It really has come to a point where even if you have the money for the gen you can't get one because someone else out there has bought it to flip it for a massive gain back to you.

I do really hope though that one day ZF makes a more reasonable RM where it feels about 85% accurate rather than the 70-65% it feels like now. They are so close to it.

miro10

Horology Curious
26/2/21
Someone knows if ZF relating these issues and what is the expected release date for the V5?

ProGamer73061

Renowned Member
14/1/19
Germany
Someone knows if ZF relating these issues and what is the expected release date for the V5?

I don’t now, I think in a half year till year?
The actual model is not worth it for me to buy it. I have denied my qc pics.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Think I’m going to get one of these, I’ve always wanted a really good RM, I had the ZF V1 and loved it from the side but the stripey bezel pattern eventually got to me. This looks really rather good!!

DC

Last edited:

thomasharding99

4/9/20
New England, USA
Got my QC pics the other day. 1 week after order from TrustyTime. Looking forward to tracking info!

Now have tracking. Looks like it is in the USA now, so hopefully have it during the coming week. A new 6T28 arrives today (screwdrivers already here), so once I have the watch for awhile, I might see if swapping it out allows a bit more realism (balance wheel showing). Once I become a member, I will post pictures (can't post decent pictures yet due to restrictions).

andy_fin

Renowned Member
Certified
4/3/21
Europa
Now have tracking. Looks like it is in the USA now, so hopefully have it during the coming week. A new 6T28 arrives today (screwdrivers already here), so once I have the watch for awhile, I might see if swapping it out allows a bit more realism (balance wheel showing). Once I become a member, I will post pictures (can't post decent pictures yet due to restrictions).

Man thank you so much for doing this! I can't wait to see what's actually in there and what can be done to franken this rep a bit! How much do brand new 6T28s go for?

thomasharding99

4/9/20
New England, USA
Man thank you so much for doing this! I can't wait to see what's actually in there and what can be done to franken this rep a bit! How much do brand new 6T28s go for?

The 6T28 was $70. Looks a bit hard to find. But just the open heard version of 6T15, so it should be a drop in replacement. Worst case, it only a small portion shows, but at least some movement would be visible and it should last a long time as it was factory fresh with no hokey assembly debris. And I then have the 6t15 for some other project or to sell.

Reactions: andy_fin

Zelgadus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/16
ZF said that they use the same NTPT as authentic RM watch and use a gen RM035 NTPT to remake the case.

I thought it says they are selling all the pieces with cases that were taken from genuine 035 pieces, now THAT'S A REAL BARGAIN.

jimmythekidult

Known Member
14/2/15

Hi, I’m back! It’s been years since my last post.
I just picked up this RM35-02 V4 by ZF today from my local trusted dealer. I must say ZF did a lot of improvements from the V3. First as you all know they updated bezel screw and obviously the black chrome gear at 12 o’clock position to look closer to the genuine RM35-02. I’m not sure if anyone notice they also updated the small faux levers at 2 and 3 o’clock position to look more realistic than the V3 version. (the shine is different in my opinion, it gave more depth to the overall look of the decoration).

They also updated the front bezel and back case closer to genuine if not the same. The sapphire crystal window on the front bezel now wider than the V3 and if you can see closely now they added the silver rehaut all around between the carbon bezel and inner bezel as per genuine. And also I notice they have updated the back case, now it’s wider than the V3 and I think it’s closer to genuine.

The only downside of this V4 if you all notice is the RM35-02 Rafa plate on 9 o’clock position. It’s smaller than the previous versions. Which is a downgrade ????
But overall I’m quite happy of my purchase. The update indeed better, but it would’ve been perfect if they did not change the small plate at 9 o’clock.

PS: They also updated the movement and I’m not sure what kind and my local TD confirmed it’s different. But he said it runs better than the previous one and less jumpy.

Well, that’s all from me, hopefully my information is helpful for you guys who’s still deciding on getting one.

Reactions: GingerBubba

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU

I just picked up this RM35-02 V4 by ZF today from my local trusted dealer. I must say ZF did a lot of improvements from the V3. First as you all know they updated bezel screw and obviously the black chrome gear at 12 o’clock position to look closer to the genuine RM35-02. I’m not sure if anyone notice they also updated the small faux levers at 2 and 3 o’clock position to look more realistic than the V3 version. (the shine is different in my opinion, it gave more depth to the overall look of the decoration).

They also updated the front bezel and back case closer to genuine if not the same. The sapphire crystal window on the front bezel now wider than the V3 and if you can see closely now they added the silver rehaut all around between the carbon bezel and inner bezel as per genuine. And also I notice they have updated the back case, now it’s wider than the V3 and I think it’s closer to genuine.

The only downside of this V4 if you all notice is the RM35-02 Rafa plate on 9 o’clock position. It’s smaller than the previous versions. Which is a downgrade ????
But overall I’m quite happy of my purchase. The update indeed better, but it would’ve been perfect if they did not change the small plate at 9 o’clock.

PS: They also updated the movement and I’m not sure what kind and my local TD confirmed it’s different. But he said it runs better than the previous one and less jumpy.

Well, that’s all from me, hopefully my information is helpful for you guys who’s still deciding on getting one.

Thank you for the info, the thickness is 14.2 as advertised? Or it is thicker?

jimmythekidult

Known Member
14/2/15
Thank you for the info, the thickness is 14.2 as advertised? Or it is thicker?

I don’t have the tools to properly measure the thickness, but I’m pretty sure it’s the same as V3 which is 14.2 as advertised.

Reactions: j21

TessFR

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/11/20

Thanks for the feedback, for me it's not worth it to sell my v3 for this v4. I hope he doesn't do the same as with purposely submarining them to make mistakes and correcting them for the next version with another error.

jimmythekidult

Known Member
14/2/15
Thanks for the feedback, for me it's not worth it to sell my v3 for this v4. I hope he doesn't do the same as with purposely submarining them to make mistakes and correcting them for the next version with another error.

Yes, if you still have options to wait then you better wait for the next proper update. Hopefully the manufacturer notice this and decided to fixed it immediately. I finally decided to return mine to my local TD and get me a Patek Philippe Nautilus 5712 Moonphase by ZF instead. Lol