• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC help

HorologyEthusiast99

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
22/7/21
JB
Hi title as stated. I understand there’s no 100% perfect rep but any serious flaws in this piece to point out? Cheers

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe
Can’t post qc pics like this read the rules, only you can decide what you want or not every rep has flaws it’s part of the game and this is even more true with rm’s, these are nothing like gen but only you can decide what you can live in

Reactions: P..DR..D and QueTip

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
Just a general comment to RM replica factories, please don't attempt the back decoration, just make it closed so it's thinner.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Just a general comment to RM replica factories, please don't attempt the back decoration, just make it closed so it's thinner.

I don't know why they'd make a watch less visually accurate in exchange for wearing slightly better, honestly. People won't notice a 2mm difference in thickness, but they will notice a closed caseback (unless it's like a 35-01 or something with a closed back) that isn't supposed to be there. What I've been wondering for years is why someone doesn't ram a decorated quartz movement with a fake rotor into an RM11 and make it gen-sized and fully functional, but I guess the market just isn't there.

HorologyEthusiast99

Banned
22/7/21
JB
What is the specific concern you have?

The moderator edited my post and deleted the photos. I received a series of QC pics by a trusted dealer for a KVF RM11-03, just asking if there’s any major flaws I should take note of

Last edited by a moderator:

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I did read the rules
“The purpose of QC pics is to identify any SERIOUS flaws” which is what I’m asking here.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq/94138-the-purpose-of-qc-pictures

Apparently you didn't bother reading the entire section.....YOU are supposed to identify the issue in question and then ask specifically about that issue (This is intended for issues beyond the known flaws of the watch}. It's not our job to pick apart every flaw in your replica. In this case remember you're looking at the replica of a six digit watch so there will be flaws. If the flaws are acceptable or not is up to the individual. If there is a specific issue that you're not sure if it's a factory defect or not that is what you should be asking. .

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
The moderator edited my post and deleted the photos. I received a series of QC pics by a trusted dealer for a KVF RM11-03, just asking if there’s any major flaws I should take note of

jHa59J.jpg

So let me get this right.....a staff member removes your QC shot due to non compliance of the rules.....you however believe that you're more acquainted with the rules than QueTip and decide to repost the photo.....interesting.

HorologyEthusiast99

Banned
22/7/21
JB
So let me get this right.....a staff member removes your QC shot due to non compliance of the rules.....you however believe that you're more acquainted with the rules than QueTip and decide to repost the photo.....interesting.

Take a chill pill. The staff could have linked or explained to me the rules I’m a newbie here. Anyways this is a rep group, we buy rep watches and logically speaking, the pic u posted that’s obviously a extreme knock off. Common sense here, I’m just asking if by the looks of my rep is there any instant tells. Once again everyone here buys reps, don’t talk as if u own gen RMs

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
Take a chill pill. The staff could have linked or explained to me the rules I’m a newbie here. Anyways this is a rep group, we buy rep watches and logically speaking, the pic u posted that’s obviously a extreme knock off. Common sense here, I’m just asking if by the looks of my rep is there any instant tells. Once again everyone here buys reps, don’t talk as if u own gen RMs

Staff didn't have to link the rules.....you did that yourself.....you just chose to misinterpret them.

It's up to you to do your own homework in regard to any inconsistencies.....we're not (and never have been) here for that.

How and where did I even hint that I own gen RM's?.....Another misinterpretation perhaps?

Chill pill?.....Nah fuck that mate.....they give me the shits.
jHa9n1.gif

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
The staff don't have to explain anything ...
You're an newbie but YOU just have to read the rules from A to Z, as everything is clearly written ...
Nevertheless ...
You may post a QC pic if you have a specific question about a possible serious flaw that YOU have found, and want input on how common or acceptable it is. However, the purpose of QC pics, and especially posting it on the open forum, is NOT : "Dealer X has sent me this QC pic, what do you think?"

Reactions: QueTip and P..DR..D

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Reactions: Rx4Time