• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM 35-02 ZF V3 CRYSTAL EXPLOSION

waifai

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/9/14
Hello guys,

I'm still confused about what exactly happend to the crystal of my RM 35-02, I just found it like that one morning and I was mad at it :(

I boght the watch from Intime but he told me he can't provide me (at the moment) any reparation as they don't have a spare crystal.

Does anyone can repair it? I prefer someone based in EU,

Thank you for anyone who can help me :(

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
That's one hell of an impressive link right there! I've never been able to find a source for RM55 crystals, even at $200 a pop that's not too terrible. I'm also impressed with the wide variety of screws they seem to have. Good lookin' out!

Tryna help where i can brother! after all we are a big family that got each others backs! ;)

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Certified
10/5/11
ouch......

tough times right now for factory defects.

I had a faulty clasp on my vsf sub where the hook to secure the clasp was missing and cant even order it separately right now.

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Damn that’s a big help my friend, thank you!!!

Only problem is that I am not so good with reparation, I hope I can manage it somehow :/

Depending on your location i would try asking legend as he is a mastermind regarding fixes and mods. Not sure if he ever did some RM's you could always ask :)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Depending on your location i would try asking legend as he is a mastermind regarding fixes and mods. Not sure if he ever did some RM's you could always ask :)

Ah, you think way too highly of me Stuvetjee :legend:

A crystal cracked that way (pressure cracks) can only be replaced sir, not repaired. Well, ok, technically, I guess that the crystal can be sealed by epoxy to prevent moisture ingress as a temporary solution to prevent further damage but the appearance can only be resolved with a replacement of the crystal.
So the solution will be to get a new crystal, and any modder can replace and re-waterproof the watch after the crystal replacement.

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Ah, you think way too highly of me Stuvetjee :legend:

A crystal cracked that way (pressure cracks) can only be replaced sir, not repaired. Well, ok, technically, I guess that the crystal can be sealed by epoxy to prevent moisture ingress as a temporary solution to prevent further damage but the appearance can only be resolved with a replacement of the crystal.
So the solution will be to get a new crystal, and any modder can replace and re-waterproof the watch after the crystal replacement.

I SEEN YA WORK!

I know bro, check my link posted previously of the replacement crystal. Since its a fiddly job replacing a tounneau shaped crystal, its right up your alley :p

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I SEEN YA WORK!

I know bro, check my link posted previously of the replacement crystal. Since its a fiddly job replacing a tounneau shaped crystal, its right up your alley :p

Yes I can do the replacement of an annoyingly curved tonneau crystal and seat it in such a way that it will not crack due to pressure again, if it is what you meant my clever friend.