• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nice article about RM watches

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
LMFAO...it’s all marketing and hype, which athletes need to actual wear these whilst competing? None they are all paid to.

Which rappers wear these...those that are paid to.

It’s just Rolex marketing on steroids.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
You may or may not be a fan of the brand, however RM has made a lot of revolutions in the watch industry.

Starting with material used to movement robustness.

Do athletes need to wear a watch while competing? Probably not. Could they wear a mechanical watch before while competing? Absolutely not!

This to me explains what Richard Mille is. Either like it or not their movements are revolutionary.

Last edited:

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
You may or may not be a fan of the brand, however RM has made a lot of revolutions in the watch industry.

Starting with material used to movement robustness.

Do athletes need to wear a watch while competing? Probably not. Could they wear a mechanical watch before while competing? Absolutely not!

This to me explains what Richard Mille is. Either like it or not their movements are revolutionary.

revolutionary in the way they are unnecessary...so an athlete can wear them when they do not need to:facepalm:...it’s all about the $$$ and marketing:woohoo:

Last edited:
Reactions: jxpo_94

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Innovation is always positive. I’m sure if their prices were same as Polex everyone would be all over them.

Reactions: jxpo_94

jxpo_94

Horology Curious
28/6/21
Ibarra, Ecuador
revolutionary in the way they are unnecessary...so an athlete can wear them when they do not need to:facepalm:...it’s all about the $$$ and marketing:woohoo:

So tell me, every watch even the Rolex are the same, only works to see the hour, you even have the hour in your phone. But we love watches and that’s why we pay for them and if you’re able you pay for a RM what’s the problem?… if I could afford one of them, I would buy it because I love the RM design and the use of the materials

Sent from the RWI App

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
This paragraph by Uncle Koh sums it up perfectly

There has been no modern brand in watchmaking history, created by a living founder, that has had such a massive global impact not just on horology, but also on contemporary culture itself. The change has been seismic, pervasive and irreversible. It was brought on by the singular vision of a man who was the ultimate rebel genius, who eschewed every existing aesthetic, technical and even material convention and cliche.