• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fog inside watch / condensation

irinakova

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/20
Hello, i bought my first RM replica. Some days though it is getting a lot of condensation. Anybody has any advice how to stop or at least reduce this? I haven’t been close to any pools or beach or water areas…

5-FA5-CC8-E-30-E3-4561-BA9-F-EDF3-B33-DA4-D5.jpg

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
There are modders can help you with waterproof and services. Depend on area. Search bar will help u. My GMT and 15703 was diving in pool and ocean after waterproof!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

irinakova

20/7/20
I asked a couple of TD’s if it can be waterproofed but they said no. I dont even need it for diving and stuff, just to stop this happening… is there anyone you can recommend in USA?

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
ooof , that seems like a hard one to WP

QueTip
or legend
might be able to assist

Last edited by a moderator:

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Sad story is that rm is very water friendly even on the genuine ones…

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
ooof , that seems like a hard one to WP

QueTip
or legend
might be able to assist

Thanks for this Raddave. (98% all the way!)

@irinakova
This watch is harder to waterproof due to the case material and construction but it is possible. As with all water ingress cases the watch now needs to be dismantled fully to check for and clean the rust and corrosion and of course waterproofed and pressure tested again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Thanks for this Raddave. (98% all the way!)

@irinakova
This watch is harder to waterproof due to the case material and construction but it is possible. As with all water ingress cases the watch now needs to be dismantled fully to check for and clean the rust and corrosion and of course waterproofed and pressure tested again.

What he said.

Reactions: Raddave

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
it was probably 5 or 6 years ago when just the difference between a freezing cold indoor and the scorching hot outdoor would cause major condensation in my RMs
time passed by but i see these lovely toys still suffer the same malady

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Funnily enough, it’s actually gen spec. :lol:

Reactions: Rx4Time

h.pagani158

22/6/21
Where can one buy the tools needed to open the case? And also for the 4 screws that are inside behind the glass?

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Where can one buy the tools needed to open the case? And also for the 4 screws that are inside behind the glass?

eBay, Ali, any market like that will have them. There're two sizes so make sure you get the smaller ones (2.35mm, I think) for ZFs and the bigger ones (2.5, maybe?) for KVFs, etc. There are both four- and five-spoke screws so make sure to get both kinds as well. You can probably get all four of them for $45ish. Search "RM screwdriver" for a start and search around, you'll find 'em.

root1

Looking Around
4/7/21
Hello, i bought my first RM replica. Some days though it is getting a lot of condensation. Anybody has any advice how to stop or at least reduce this? I haven’t been close to any pools or beach or water areas…

5-FA5-CC8-E-30-E3-4561-BA9-F-EDF3-B33-DA4-D5.jpg

Is it a ZF or RMXF watch ?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Is it a ZF or RMXF watch ?

Due to the case construction this issue will affect all rep (and even gen RMs) to varying degrees. The case can be made more water resistant through various treatment options but it’s best to avoid this totally if you live in a humid and warm environment or have an active lifestyle.

Reactions: Allure