• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New guy looking for specific watch and can't find anything. A 1964 or pre-1970 Tag Heuer Carrera rep

Regulatori

Looking Around
14/6/21
This has always been my dream watch. It has the exact look and design I want and most importantly, 38mm diameter which is perfect for my smaller wrists. Is there any options available? I'm finding endless Carrera options but nothing of the classics which is odd because I assume that would be really popular.

And if there isn't anything available, anyone have other recommendations? Like maybe IWC or similar? Just want something similar to a white face Carrera with a smaller 38mm design. Thanks

Something similar to this...

qZSzds8.jpg

g00705-bljxm-1.jpg

Last edited:

Regulatori

Looking Around
14/6/21
So nothing?

What about classic watches in general? Like a classic driving or military watch with a leather strap?

Anything similar to the Carrera I posted with a smaller (under 40mm) diameter.

Thanks.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
No way, save money for 38 mm gen chronographs. As for 40 mm mechanical chronograph reps, IWC, Longines, Omega, Rolex might be considered. There can be more brands but not sure.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Welcome, first of all there are no reps for this Heuer 2447 so you can give up on looking for it. The only way to get a rep is to build one, but this will mean you have to source a V72 movement which will cost you around 1200-1500 USD before we even talk about the rest of the watch.

Personally I'm not sure about your budget, but you can can get the reissue CS3110, is a white dial but with a blue outer tachy. Is not exactly the same but you get to have almost the same aesthetics as your dream watch. I personally just got the CS3111 (the black dial with white tachy) and for around £3k is not cheap but is not excessive for a gen when most gens are around this if not more and is alll most a 20 yr old watch!

https://www.calibre11.com/heuer-carrera-1964-re-edition/

I would say if you want something similar but a rep you have to get a st19 vintage Daytonas, there are a lot of different dial variations, but it has the similar aesthetics as your are after, smaller silver dial, pump pushers in plexi. I personally don't own a st19 ones as I found them quite cheap straight from the dealers, but you can get modded ones with Vietnam dial by modders here like slay yodog and tripdog. They are around $1500 and you can find passed sales thread searching for them.

Personally if it's your dream watch I will have a look on ebay and forums for the gen. The white dial 2447 is actually pretty "affordable" as is not as popular as the black. Buy it at an "OK" price you won't lose money as vintage Heuer bubble had kinda burst as people are now going mad on modern Rolex Sports model.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heuer-Carrera-Vintage-Chronograph-/224511915621

Here are some of my pics for some inspiration and a vintage chronograph lover to another. Good luck with your search and welcome again.

Note: fellow members pls don't PM me I'm not interested in selling any of them.
3c8be090fb50d625ab4a6a6b21022fa0.jpg
786539cbebc7a547ac77230c938ff47e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk