• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Super Avenger

repliking

Renowned Member
2/4/06
Anyone have one?? Pics. Also what dealer may have one?? Thanks guys. :D

Repmaniac

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
15/3/06
They kinda come and go. I'd PM EL, Josh, the other guys to see what they have at the moment. I'm not a big Breit collector so I really don't know who has what, sorry.

luisik

20/3/06
I bought my SuperAvenger UTC to Paul (Aspire). I know here some people is against him, but to be absolutely honest, and taking the risk to be flamed, I have to say he has given me the best and fastest service from all the dealers i have purchased from... including EL, River and some others considered here as "Godfathers". And the price was also great (much better if you include a free montblanc pen)
The watch is Georgeus, very well finished, very accurate, Zapphire glass with AR coating... and runs perfectly.. it's Asian 7750 runs smoother than some ETA 2836 I have, so i can just tell you GO FOR IT.
Sorry i can't place pics...

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
luisik said:
know here some people is against him, but to be absolutely honest, and taking the risk to be flamed, I have to say he has given me the best and fastest service from all the dealers i have purchased from.
"... and please send the free watch to ..."

Unfortunately, since Newpaul at Arsepire's latest bribery e-mails, it's become really difficult to trust anyone saying anything nice about him.

Caveat Emptor.

Hell, I'm considering buying a cheap-ass watch from him, pimping it with some clever pics that hide its flaws and claiming my freebie ... and ... it's gone. I'm no longer considering it.

ps. Newpaul, if you read this and want it editing in any way, please send my free watch to ...

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
luisik said:
I knew this would happen....
Let's be clear on one thing though. It's absolutely not your fault, and you probably actually did have good service. However, we cannot be seen to be taking this kind of bribery lying down.

Jos nana

Known Member
15/3/06
Paul does not have super avenger.. Thats just a chrono avenger with UTC..

Super Avenger is about 50mm... Watch in leather strap ... Black or white in Jap OS Quartz will be avail next monday...Yes 50mm.... actual size...

Thanks
Josha

luisik

20/3/06
Pugwash said:
luisik said:
I knew this would happen....
Let's be clear on one thing though. It's absolutely not your fault, and you probably actually did have good service. However, we cannot be seen to be taking this kind of bribery lying down.
Well... I'm relating my own experience even if you don't like it... it's very surprising for me how Aspire has become suddenly a devil from 8 months ago in 2 forums (now 3 reading you), when it was the reference for most of us for many years ago. And the funny thing is most of people (and I bet you are one of those) are crucifying Aspire without having had a bad experience by themselves... just because a couple of not very kind members in other forums started to blame them.
My experience has been always fantastic... i bought a couple of watches last month and it was, as usual, great in all senses. And i will buy another 2 this month and very probably in the following months, even if they don't have those free watches offer, because, as you can imagine, I, as a collector, am only interested in specific models that i like, not in any junk i could receive as a surprise.
I am also very much surprise how people as you, censore to speak well about Aspire, but feel happy with dealers as TTK (who's rate must be about 5 pseudo-scamed/2 lucky) or administrators who got the money for a special watch that still didn't delivered from one year ago.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
luisik said:
And the funny thing is most of people (and I bet you are one of those) are crucifying Aspire without having had a bad experience by themselves... just because a couple of not very kind members in other forums started to blame them.
I have no experience whatsoever with them and probably never will. Their blatant bribery for good reviews immediately swings my opinion. I have never commented on their prices, products, services, etc. I have always merely commented on their appaling demands for prostitution of reputation for merely a free watch.

luisik

20/3/06
Pugwash said:
luisik said:
And the funny thing is most of people (and I bet you are one of those) are crucifying Aspire without having had a bad experience by themselves... just because a couple of not very kind members in other forums started to blame them.
I have no experience whatsoever with them and probably never will. Their blatant bribery for good reviews immediately swings my opinion. I have never commented on their prices, products, services, etc. I have always merely commented on their appaling demands for prostitution of reputation for merely a free watch.
So I was right... you are just another lamb in the herd.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
luisik said:
So I was right... you are just another lamb in the herd.
I'll let you reread my post.

Done it?

I'll wait, I know I sometimes use big words ...

Ok. I am not at all party to their alleged scamming of customers or bait-and-switch sales that they may or may not have done in the past. All of that was before my time. I have only ever focussed on one item: Their absolutely suicidal bribery of forum regulars in return for a free watch.

This is the one point I am rallying against and believe it is a responsable and valid stance to take to ensure all future readers read reviews of Aspire knowing that the review could well have been biased towards Aspire merely in the hope of getting a free watch.

Check my posting history on this and the other two replica discussion boards and you will see a remarkable consistency in my opinions. I try to inject a voice of common sense against the rhetoric and venom. I have even shown flexibility and tolerance where it would be difficult to express those traits.

One thing you will notice is that I am not a lamb in the herd.

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
I can speak for myself and I'm sure BigShooter will come and speak for himself.

I have bought several watches from Aspire. Two of my favorites, my Omega SMP and my PAM 192 came from Paul/Chris. They are both great watches and they run perfectly. I have no problem with the quality that they sell.

The problem lies in the service. There have been several members of this forum and the other three that have had serious problems with Paul/Chris and the lack of service they received.

The point of these forums is to allow people a place to talk reps and dealers. To find a decent place to purchase reps and not have to deal with scams and bad/nonexistent service. If someone has a problem with a dealer and the product they are offering then it is in the best interest of the forums and their members for that person to let everyone know the problem. It is a way of keeping the dealers honest and letting everyone know who and who not to deal with. This is why the dealers that are here have been around for so long. It is also why they are referred to as trusted dealers.

If you have had good experiences with Paul/Chris, good. I am glad to hear that they are offering better service than what has been reported in the past. If you are having good service then you should write a dealer review and let everyone know that they are treating you right. I have not seen a good review of Aspire in several months, only bad. This is what the dealer review section is for and I hope that everyone writes a review after receiving their product. This is the only method we have of letting others know what type of service and quality is available from the different dealers.

I think many members look back at the trouble that some dealers have had and decide not to do business with them, I know I do. When you look at different dealers that have glowing reviews and then you see a few that have no or bad reviews you tend to stick with the good dealers. There are too many good ones to take a chance with a bad one.

In the end it goes back to word of mouth. Yes, you are probably right in saying that there is a huge band wagon against Aspire and that not too many people have had problems, only a few. However, I have never had a problem with Idealwatches, but there is no way in Hell I am buying from them.

If you have a good review, post it and let everyone know.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
Roeod4 said:
If you have had good experiences with Paul/Chris, good. I am glad to hear that they are offering better service than what has been reported in the past. If you are having good service then you should write a dealer review and let everyone know that they are treating you right.
The problem here is that if, as you say, they have had nothing but bad reviews right up until the day they offer good reviews in return for a free watch, can you then trust those good reviews?

This is essentially the point I'm trying to make, albeit not as clearly as I'd hoped.

luisik

20/3/06
Right. Service is about 80% of a satisfactory business. I absolutely agree with you, Roeod4. I thought several times in placing a review with pics from my purchases, but then it always arised how in a so different way are treated opinions depending on who the dealers is. You can see just here, when I shared my pleasant relation with aspire and then I've been blamed by someone who didn't even had an experience at all (good or bad) with them.
Me, as you , have also followed in a beginning another's opinions about dealers, so i know it's true a good or a bad review can make the dfference in a choice sometimes... and that, in example, made me have a non satisfactory at all double purchase from Eddie Lee (one was a wrong watch, and the other was very low quality).... do you think i would take something possitive if i would place a review of that experience? something better than just a few lines above?
I am in reps about 3 years and, as you veterans know, we have been receiving Aspire offers constantly, some of them amazing and (for those who are more new) believe me million times more tempting than this one of a free "surprise" watch, so probably no veteran would think what i say about Aspire is because I am a prostitute. :D
It's true we have seen bad reports of Aspire from months, but if you check carefully, you will find out that 1 had a problem, and then it was a bunch of people following that criteria without their own experience.
Check the same situation with another dealer and misteriously is the absolutely opposite situation: 1 had a problem, and then there are hundreds blaming that guy and defending the dealer.... and amazingly that was also happening with Aspire.
Honestly, i always suspected of a not very believable blaming against Aspire... as it was so extrange God happened to be a Devil just in one week after years of fantastic service.
Maybe t's my problem that i always loved to check by myself how things goes, so in my experience I can only say that Aspire "corruption" has never been true. But if some others can consider a 2 months delay when the so famous panerai fever months ago is enough as to consider a dealer as bad... it's your choice.
i have been 2 months and a half waiting for a Submariner from River... isn't he good ? he is in my opinion and, in fact, I have purchased from him again.

Believe me i don't try to convince anyone to buy to Aspire or not to buy to Eddie lee... I just ask for a little respect to those (as me) who have had a quite different experience to the mass opinion... because then there is no sense to express.

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
You are right. Other dealers have had delivery problems and delivered bad watches. There are only a few dealers that look over the watch before they send it, most just contact someone and say send this watch (I am guessing this is how it works, never actually been there). You are correct that at this time there has only been one (recorded) person recieveing bad watches and EXTREAMLY bad service from Aspire.

However, you are wrong in the fact that Aspire has been doing this off and on for a long time. The Crazy Sale from about a year ago was a fiasco on whole new level. They got so overloaded that some people didn't recieve watches for six months and many recieved the wrong watch. Was it really poor planning? Sure, but it did turn a lot of people away.

You are also right about people defending dealers. Nais on RWG is a recent example. People are still defending the dealer on that one. On one hand Nais was pretty shady from the begining and he jumped the gun on complaining. Some people will always view this as Wal-Mart. On the other hand, the dealer could have handled it better and contacted him with some information. Nobody but Nais and the dealer know how it turned out.

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
not worth a chance for me..
but then, i know more than i should..
to do with worn movements
and the more than occasional lack of good customer
service..

no, i have zero experience with 'paul', and likely never will
but people do talk, and the word on the street is such that?
why take a chance???
these forums are such a small part of his business (2% he said)
that it puzzles why he even offers
free watches.. for good words??
not to my liking no matter how many people believe he is gods gift
to repmaniacs.. esp. not since Joshua is opening a site.. problem with Joshua is
no one ever gets a chance to piss and moan.. he simply treats people right..
and uses no gimmicks..

Life is Good!
Klink