• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EU July 2021 ending €22 import VAT exemption

Alexander The Great

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/21
EU
Currently EU and non-EU sellers selling goods online to EU consumers can import the goods into the EU, directly to the consumer, import VAT-free if the consignment of good(s) is valued at €22 or below. This ends 1 July 2021 and all imports will be subject to EU VAT. Goods valued above €150 will also be subject to import duties.

Anybody have an idea how this will impact the shipments by TD's? Will 4PX shipping still work flawless? Some countries within the EU may be more strict in application than others. Or is there a way through the UK which seems to have no import controls whatsoever?

Happy to hear about any experiences with deliveries after 1 July. [h=3][/h]

Azazel

Los Supportos
Supporter
Certified
12/11/18
EU
I believe that China has with UK duty free on this kind of “gifts”

Even few of my dealers in UK told me, they never pay any of tax for delivery from China.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I believe that China has with UK duty free on this kind of “gifts”

Even few of my dealers in UK told me, they never pay any of tax for delivery from China.

Well, that has ended. Try to buy anything on DHgate or AliExpress and they now automatically add UK taxes on your order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
The UK is no longer in the EU, so talking about it as if it still is is pointless.

You'll pay import tax on the declared value of all goods coming from outside the EU, no matter who the courier, no matter which EU country it is - an EU law is an EU law.

If it's a professional seller then it should be them that adds on the import tax to the cost of your order, with it's shipping costs, but that's probably not going to happen with TDs.

Flyzone

Known Member
13/5/21
Italia
moreover, with this new EU law it will be necessary to indicate a precise description of the content .. generic declarations such as gifts or same parts of watches will no longer be accepted

Reactions: Alexander The Great

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Yes I have read about this. The Dutch post office reports: for packages below 150€ you will pay €4 processing costs and no import duties. Above 150 you will pay 10€ processing costs + import duties which is the VAT.

Don’t think anything will change on the supplier side, they will still mark the package as a gift and low price. With new rules I will have to pay 4€ per package

Flyzone

Known Member
13/5/21
Italia
new customs clearance system, called ICS2 (Import Control System 2). It is a centralized European and fully digital system. Thanks to this new tool, there will be greater uniformity among freight forwarders and greater control over what transits to or through the European Union (in addition to Switzerland and Norway). The system will be set up gradually and will cover goods with express air shipments, to be definitively completed in 2024 with all types of transport, including sea and road transport. one of the cornerstones of this new system will be the need to describe the goods included in the shipment as completely as possible. To date, net of some random checks, many products could be generically indicated with definitions such as Samples, Parts or Gifts. None of these solutions will work any more as there must be an explicit description of the products included, along with its HS code, which indicates the product category worldwide.

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Thanks for clarifying. This would certainly make shipping more difficult. But do customs have the manpower to check every package with a not satisfactory description ?

jacquy

26/9/18
Thanks for clarifying. This would certainly make shipping more difficult. But do customs have the manpower to check every package with a not satisfactory description ?
Definitely, and guess who will be the victim again, they announced that if the VAT, and import tax is not paid by the sender, the packages will be delivered later, to give them time for controleverything.

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Definitely, and guess who will be the victim again, they announced that if the VAT, and import tax is not paid by the sender, the packages will be delivered later, to give them time for controleverything.

I’m sceptical that they will be able to check everything, scan (yes) and open? I think not.

It’s a cat and mouse game and the suppliers /shipping companies will find new ways, with trial and error. Curious wat 4px will do

c.dimitri

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/19
I’m sceptical that they will be able to check everything, scan (yes) and open? I think not.

It’s a cat and mouse game and the suppliers /shipping companies will find new ways, with trial and error. Curious wat 4px will do

I agree but who will pay for this „cat and mouse“ game at the end? The TDs, the suppliers or at the end we as it happened with YOURWATCH?!?

Flyzone

Known Member
13/5/21
Italia
A question for shipments to the EU what should be written as a declaration? DHL as a forwarder?

Flyzone

Known Member
13/5/21
Italia
A question for shipments from eu to the EU what should be written as a declaration? DHL as a forwarder?