• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EU July 2021 ending €22 import VAT exemption

Flyzone

Known Member
13/5/21
Italia
Just received a movement from China. VAT paid to the online shop. Arrived as „prepaid“. Nothing to pay on the top and it wasn’t opened.

2cafde6f6a306dff942deb62f58b4d40.jpg

for shipments to the EU where it is possible to pay VAT in advance, is it better to indicate a low value such as 10 USD or a real value that corresponds to the VAT paid? es 63 euros value of goods vat 13.
declaring a value lower than the real one if you have already paid the VAT and it is higher than the price of the goods I don't think it's a great idea. yet some sellers want to indicate a low value of less than $ 20. what do you say?

Ale543

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/8/19
Should we expect any trouble if ordering with a triangle shipping like China-Spain-Italy (as Toro Is use to do)? I'm not worried if the Watch Is seized but I don't want risk of legal troubles. Any recent experience?
Thanks

Ale543

19/8/19
Should we expect any trouble if ordering with a triangle shipping like China-Spain-Italy (as Toro Is use to do)? I'm not worried if the Watch Is seized but I don't want risk of legal troubles. Any recent experience?
Thanks

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Just received a movement from China. VAT paid to the online shop. Arrived as „prepaid“. Nothing to pay on the top and it wasn’t opened.

What I would be interested in and what I can't see in the photo: Has a CN22 customs declaration form been attached to the outside? Since 1.7. does my TD no longer do that, does it only work digitally? :)

papa.en.velo

27/3/21
GERMANY
The package I picked up from TD had the CN22, however I reached out before shipment to clarify on the new process and the answer was: it will all be taken care of, no prepay option.
I mean it worked and I got my watches, but you probably cannot avoid the fees with shipments from the TDs. I don’t assume they will offer this service on their websites.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
The package I picked up from TD had the CN22, however I reached out before shipment to clarify on the new process and the answer was: it will all be taken care of, no prepay option.
I mean it worked and I got my watches, but you probably cannot avoid the fees with shipments from the TDs. I don’t assume they will offer this service on their websites.

I was also told not to worry, everything will be taken of. and 10-15 euros taxes may be. but thats ok for me when i get the package:)

But i got a photo to see if adresse is correct - and there was no CN22 like all the packages before on this preview photo.
TD meant that in fact cn22 isnt needed. Well, if he is TD here, he will know how to ship i hope:D

papa.en.velo

27/3/21
GERMANY
If it’s triangulated, it will probably be re-wrapped (like in my case) in the triangle country. That’s probably where they add the CN22!

papa.en.velo

27/3/21
GERMANY
Not 100% sure it works this way and we’ll probably never find out for sure. But my packages always had one label on the box and then one on the second wrapping layer…

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

Troklo

23/12/15
derjenigewelcher which TD did you use and are you located in DE or AUT? I want to order a watch but am weary since triangular UK shipping isn't an option any more

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Troklo i live in switzerland - so NO EU!
but we have lot of contracts with EU, some may be about declarations on customs.

Well before 1.7. i got package sticker directly shown WITH CN22 before beeing shipped (JTIME).
now only my adress on izt basicly. But its new that its not CN-HK-Swiss, but CN-HK-Singapur-Swiss, so additional via singapur. Maybe packaging HUB there, well see. I give you updates

Troklo

23/12/15
but we have lot of contracts with EU, some may be about declarations on customs.

Well before 1.7. i got package sticker directly shown WITH CN22 before beeing shipped (JTIME).
now only my adress on izt basicly. But its new that its not CN-HK-Swiss, but CN-HK-Singapur-Swiss, so additional via singapur. Maybe packaging HUB there, well see. I give you updates

Thanks Nachbar

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

Aramis2288

Supporter
Certified
27/3/17

Switzerland? Out of curiosity, haven't you guys have some rather far-going penalties in case if the customs discover it's a rep watch? I heard that Swiss law is rather strict when it comes to rep watches due to the whole swiss industry watch lobby.

Last edited:

c.dimitri

24/11/19
Switzerland? Out of curiosity, haven't you guys have some rather far-going penalties in case if the customs discover it's a rep watch? I heard that Swiss law is rather strict when it comes to rep watches due to the whole swiss industry watch lobby.

... and not to mention the Rolex lawyers.

c.dimitri

24/11/19
for shipments to the EU where it is possible to pay VAT in advance, is it better to indicate a low value such as 10 USD or a real value that corresponds to the VAT paid? es 63 euros value of goods vat 13.
declaring a value lower than the real one if you have already paid the VAT and it is higher than the price of the goods I don't think it's a great idea. yet some sellers want to indicate a low value of less than $ 20. what do you say?

The wasn’t declared lower than the real price. I just pressed the „buy“ button and paid the price for the movement, the shipping and the VAT.

Regarding lower price than 20$ etc.... it’s up to you.