• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EU July 2021 ending €22 import VAT exemption

c.dimitri

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/19
FYI: I paid for my watch (from Sead) in two transactions via Paypal. One for the „watch repair parts“ (20,-€) and the rest with the second transaction/transfer.

Alexander The Great

26/1/21
EU
c.dimitri I think Sead does it smart. I many times have had a package from China being held up in customs. They always ask me to present the invoice and also proof of payment. So splitting in two amounts and two payments works in that case.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Haltec

Known Member
30/1/13
FYI: I paid for my watch (from Sead) in two transactions via Paypal. One for the „watch repair parts“ (20,-€) and the rest with the second transaction/transfer.

Ok. Thats great.

Did watch entered EU after 01.07?

Have anyone aseked you to pay VAT / IVA / MwST tax ?

Or to show proof of payment? (to customs)

Did you got your watch allready?

c.dimitri

24/11/19
c.dimitri I think Sead does it smart. I many times have had a package from China being held up in customs. They always ask me to present the invoice and also proof of payment. So splitting in two amounts and two payments works in that case.

That was my idea ;-)) but anyway, Sead agreed to do this in that way. Splitting the transaction reduce the risk just a little.
I don‘t think a smart customs officer when s/he opens a package and realizes that there is a rep for > 20€ and obviously there aren’t any watch spare parts that the watch will go through.

„The path to a rep watch is paved with potential risks every day.“ proverb just created by me.... ;-))

Happy is the man who presses the "buy it now" button without regret!

c.dimitri

24/11/19
Ok. Thats great.

Did watch entered EU after 01.07?

Have anyone aseked you to pay VAT / IVA / MwST tax ?

Or to show proof of payment? (to customs)

Did you got your watch allready?

Hi,

Yes, I already received my watch.
See also answers #61 and #67.

- The parcel arrived after July 1st.
- It wasn‘t opened
- I didn‘t have to pay anything on the top
- the postman brought it to me with a smile (did he know something;-)))

a4c93761dc5e181f7621657a328633bb.jpg

Flyzone

Known Member
13/5/21
Italia

and what did you do? proof of payment and documents sent?

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
it does not count when the package was shipped. but when it arrives in the EU. here if it arrives in July, the new legislation applies

for this what should I possibly do?
"The verification for the release of the shipment is completed" ... in Frankfurt can you tell me something?

thank you

ETAWatchlover

5/7/16
The interesting thing is they wrote that I have to pay 13€ but they did not gave me their billing address.Maybe just test runs to see if their systems work. 5 weeks ago I got packages with the ( didn't comply with the new 29th 1th law).

c.dimitri

24/11/19
I ordered a dial without any logo incl. hands for a project by eBay. I haven‘t payed any VAT in advance.

It has just arrived and one more time I didn’t have to pay anything. I found it in my mailbox.
78595edbbb6f48a6ef59090c8a450b4e.jpg

Reactions: JayBee0815

Haltec

Known Member
30/1/13
maybe is sent from your customs region ? No vat when I purchase from De or any other eu country.

RolETA2824

14/8/20
EU
I’m waiting for a 6263 from the UK which was shipped on the 02/07. Remarks on the parcel are watch repair 20 £. Will keep you updated.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Haltec and P..DR..D

mercurio007

we know that sites like aliexpress or similar follow the new regulations, but the most interesting topic would be to understand how ship our TD, which I doubt follow the new rules, in this case interesting is what happens to parcels once they arrive at the destination customs

Reactions: Rolemars

RolETA2824

14/8/20
EU
Wish me luck, my UK ordered watch is currently with customs.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk