• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EU July 2021 ending €22 import VAT exemption

c.dimitri

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/19
4PX sent 10. July
seized 21.July

But did not pay before.
Watches destroyed, Rolex Lawyers informed.

Sorry to hear this.

These were my fears when my watch arrived at customs on July 1st, 2021.
Seized, destroyed and Rolex lawyers informed!

djbenson

MULTI ACCOUNT
3/4/15
i had a rep shipped in from UK after 1 july and it was stopped at belgian customs, then released and i didn't have to pay anything.. won't be that lucky twice i guess..
i must say when researching the penalties and the charges rolex can put against you are... more than reason not to sleep that night..

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
In which country do you live?

I thought the same.
Its country based.I am based in Switzerland.
Precedents in the highest court where people introduced 11 Rolex watches. Because there were 11 different ones, the judge did not see it as proven that there was an intention to deal with it, but to wear 11 different outfits.
So unpunished because only for personal use.

By the way my friend: I dont know who orders all those packages from other countries to my adress all the time?;)

skrata

Horology Curious
13/7/21
Update: package arrived after 2 weeks

Content: SS omega buckle
Pre paid 21% VAT

No indication on package for that (that I can see)
Package made a strange d-tour: arriving in NL, forwarded to Luxembourg and then back again

a2c8a255f42c201a84deb3205b5ce5a5.jpg

Can you share where did you buy?
I'm awaiting for a watch from geektime, shipped last week
Let's pray I guess :)

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Can you share where did you buy?
I'm awaiting for a watch from geektime, shipped last week
Let's pray I guess :)

From a Chinese seller on platform Etsy via shipper SF Express.

I pre paid the sales tax but maybe it didn’t matter. My package got send in a triangeler way (CN to NL to LUX to NL) so it looked like I got a package straight from Luxembourg.

What is your shipping company? C urious how your package will reach you and on what terms, I guess that is a popular question here now

Aramis2288

Supporter
Certified
27/3/17
i had a rep shipped in from UK after 1 july and it was stopped at belgian customs, then released and i didn't have to pay anything.. won't be that lucky twice i guess..
i must say when researching the penalties and the charges rolex can put against you are... more than reason not to sleep that night..
Out of curiousity, can you give us some examples?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
Guys ... Updates from my Track (30 + Days in Shipping)
Today
stationary at customs inward.

Can anyone tell me if .. I'm a licensed loser or what else can it mean?

thank you

Aramis2288

Supporter
Certified
27/3/17
Today

thank you
No. All the goods are going through customs. In the majority of cases they just release it. I have seen this status many times with my previous shipments.

Now, however, it's the very crucial moment for you and your package. If they release it, you are all good. If they don't, well...

For now you just gotta wait for updates.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JayBee0815

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Today

thank you

Patience is a virtue ... especially in our hobby. In the spring a shipping for me was alone 30+ days in the German customs control and in the end it came without a customs sticker to me. So dont worry; just relax ;-)

architekt

27/1/19
Austria
Successfully received a watch that was sent on the 8th of july today in austria. It was sent via 4px by Jtime via Luxembourg. No problems, no taxes, no nothing :)

Literally the only thing that changed (at least compared to the previous Beglium 4px shipments) was the fact that the package/label itself doesn't indicate in anyway that it's from china.

Previously there always was a CN as the origin country or something else on the label.

Reactions: JayBee0815

mercurio007

actually the problem is not waiting patiently but it is the lack of updates in tracking,

my package is take off from china on 21/07 but I don’t know if the plane is fell or was hijacked :nottalking::megalol:

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
actually the problem is not waiting patiently but it is the lack of updates in tracking,

my package is take off from china on 21/07 but I don’t know if the plane is fell or was hijacked :nottalking::megalol:

lol
sometimes it's better not to know ... maybe:mez:

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
refreshing this night :

Work in progress at the Postal Operations Center, VIA BELGIOIOSO 165/11, Milan Mi, MI ROSERIO CMP, 20157

what is?