• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EU July 2021 ending €22 import VAT exemption

c.dimitri

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/19
I have just received my CF no date from Sead. It was one of his UK stock. But I have to say, I was shaking in my own boots the last 3 days!

Long story short, I was lucky. I didn't even had to pay anything on the top!

Don't ask me if my no date is good or not. I'm having a cappuccino now ... I have to calm down. ;-))

79b8bbf4d8899ad39597984108f552d2.jpg

Alexander The Great

26/1/21
EU
I have just received my CF no date from Sead. It was one of his UK stock. But I have to say, I was shaking in my own boots the last 3 days!

Long story short, I was lucky. I didn't even had to pay anything on the top!

Don't ask me if my no date is good or not. I'm having a cappuccino now ... I have to calm down. ;-))
Congratz with the beautiful classic and good to hear the system is not fully working yet

Reactions: JayBee0815

tomtadeus

31/3/15
I ordered a watch from a RWI TD shipped to Europe, and he said it wouldn’t be a problem, and that it is unlikely they will open the package. I do have to pay VAT and handling fees when my postal service asks for it… We’ll see what happens!

Reactions: Alexander The Great

c.dimitri

24/11/19
Nobody knows whether they will open a package or not. Yes, there will be tones of unpaid VAT packages and I don‘t think that they will have the time and the manpower to check each and every package.

I‘ll stay away from overseas and/or UK rep purchases for the meantime until the TDs provide a better solution. As I mentioned above, it was a nightmare between 29.06. and 01.07. for me.

Anyway, I received my CF sub no date on 01.07. and I am very happy. I didn’t have to pay any VAT, package wasn’t opened, ... many thanks to the customs officer who let it through ;-)))

Haltec

Known Member
30/1/13
I just checked the price difference for some more expensive articles for delivery to Germany and to Switzerland and UK. Thats quite funny. The prices for Germany are on average 2% higher. If they declare the correct price, the difference should be 19%. So they probably do, what they always have done - they declare a very low value and now pay VAT on this ;-)

I received (Croatia) an Beritling clasp on 02.07. with no issues.

Two things :

1st - package entered in country prior to 01.07
2nd - declared value was 10 usd.

As a last resort I do see that TD's make agreemmt with some Ali stores (to get tracking no, and defined "VAT" paid) and everything goees as usual.. (BTC or PP friends or WU for the rest of transaction)

Issue here is that my breitling clasp is no longer 75 usd - its 100. And for that - quoted solution not sure how it will be applicable...

maybe.. if customs is unable to corelate tracking nr with ali order.

r.e. qouted text : clasp 5 us$ shipping 70 us$ ?
(as I am writing this still same price as pre VAT, so 25% more alltogether)

and refunds than?
I'll got 15 usd bad clasp and return of 5 ?

I think that aliexpress reputation standard will be under heavy evaluation.

Mine problem is that I order numereous small packet electronic parts.. everyting is 25% + 3 euro more.

Hate it.

And it's impossible to buy locally (Eu)

Stops

Known Member
13/12/09
EU
Aliexpress already implemented paying VAT on the site, when you go to checkout you see the cost for taxes listed. How would that work on TDs sites? If you dont pay the VAT on the 389$ watch listing for example, where and how would we pay it? Because it's of interest for us to pay it beforehand and not get our packages stopped and checked but just delivered

Rollie4Life

28/7/19
In a sense you were still lucky it was only a bezel you ordered. I am afraid that now most packages that were not sent with an IOSS registration, will be opened by the customs to determine the value for VAT and customs duty. If they open it and find a rep watch they will confiscate it and want you to pay for the cost of destruction. Out of own experience I have learned it is best not to reply to them if they send you a notification. In my case I was lucky and TrustyTime send me replacements for free.

It’s a real roll of the dice. Had a parcel sent from UK to Germany and it was opened. It was a whole AP watch and they just packaged it up and let it go. This was 2-3 weeks ago. Low value declared and sent as watch parts for repair. I fear new rules will increase likelihood of seizures, so from now on any mod projects for me will be sent from Chinese factories direct to modder. That way if it’s seized it will be replaced.

Alexander The Great

26/1/21
EU
TD’s will need to start using an IOSS (Import One Stop Shop) intermediary. An IOSS intermediary is registered with the EU for VAT purposes. IOSS registrants warrant for the EU the correct payment of VAT and duties (if in excess of Euro 150). An IOSS intermediary needs to make sure its declarations are correct otherwise they risk losing their registration. A solution for TD’s would be to split the price of watches for the EU in 2 parts. For example a watch of USD 400 could be split into two payments: 1) a service fee of USD 350 for sourcing the watch and 2) a purchase price of USD 50 for the watch. The purchase price part is then subject to the VAT rate of the EU country it is being shipped to.

In the coming period I expect we will still see different approaches in the various EU countries. Some are well prepared and highly automated others not.

Haltec

Known Member
30/1/13
It's bit more complex than that and td's will not be able to get ioss.

bcause for IOSS you have to gave your full data.
no TD wants to be "officially" connected with rep market.

And as stated now I do suspect that any of Ali sellers would do them a favor which can lead to arrest.

Don't know.. anybody ordered a rep recently ?
(after 01.07)

Alexander The Great

26/1/21
EU
Haltec you are correct. As I wrote earlier in this thread TD’s will not be able to register for IOSS themselves. They will need to use an IOSS intermediary. There are several companies offering IOSS intermediary services. But also the intermediary IOSS company will want to make sure that the client it is representing is giving it the right information. Therefore it may work to split the purchase price in two.

Reactions: Haltec

Haltec

Known Member
30/1/13
Haltec you are correct. As I wrote earlier in this thread TD’s will not be able to register for IOSS themselves. They will need to use an IOSS intermediary. There are several companies offering IOSS intermediary services. But also the intermediary IOSS company will want to make sure that the client it is representing is giving it the right information. Therefore it may work to split the purchase price in two.

Well, there will be roadbumps in that approach the first time when customs or whichever authority comes knocking on IOSS beholder door with warrant regarding counterfit goods.

:(

Don't like this at all..

Hate it actually.

c.dimitri

24/11/19
Well, there will be roadbumps in that approach the first time when customs or whichever authority comes knocking on IOSS beholder door with warrant regarding counterfit goods.

:(

Don't like this at all..

Hate it actually.

.... and then we will have the next yourwatch phenomenon?!?

Last edited:

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Does someone know if Switzerland also is affected?
something at least changed, my TDs declaration of value/weight/item type is not anymore on the outside of the package.
its simply in a barcode...
is that new?

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
I am waiting for shipping in Italy but the package has been stopped for a week in Frankfurt with wording
arrived at the terminal position. The verification for the release of the shipment is completed.

what does it mean?

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I am waiting for shipping in Italy but the package has been stopped for a week in Frankfurt with wording
arrived at the terminal position. The verification for the release of the shipment is completed.

what does it mean?

A week ago it wasnt July. So the packaga was shipped in June. so it doesnt affects this thread. Ask somewhere else.
But my answer if release verification is completed:

W A I T