• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EU July 2021 ending €22 import VAT exemption

monkeybusiness

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/1/19
🇪🇺 EU
How does the Spanish customs not seize a counterfeit watch? They should send you a fine instead of VAT invoice?

It's hell now in Belgium. I sent some electronics to U.K. for a warranty repair and upon returning by DHL it went to customs. Obviously no vat or custom to pay but I had to pay 15€ for handling charges! Sucks. It was stuck on customs for 4 months so it seems like they really want to check everything and are struggling. The company in UK told me they have constant problems with Germany and Belgium for crazy long delays.
Last autumn I ordered a small battery cell from China for 10€. Went to customs, but before that I got an email from DHL asking me to pay VAT and whatnot for +20€. I refused it. Same thing with another small item for 5€ -> 20€ for customs charges. Goodbye Aliexpress...Ciao M2M UK.

Surely, the EU law is the same for every country, but the way it is being applied is definately NOT. This applies to all areas of life, not just the VAT topic, as we know...

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Even if EU law is same, you are right: every country custom practises are different. Sending from me (Switzerland) to Germany always lets me resist shaking:D
Every other country in EU i sent was no problem:)

JHWatches

Horology Curious
7/2/22
Does anyone has a recent experience with shippings from China to Germany? Can any triangle, declaration, value etc. be recommended? Thanks for sharing your experience!

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Does anyone has a recent experience with shippings from China to Germany? Can any triangle, declaration, value etc. be recommended? Thanks for sharing your experience!

Just dont give a fuck.
Order, and TD will send. Customs wont catch your watch, they know what they do (the TDs).
Please, chill, every fucking second day we can read those questions...

"can TD X ship to country Y with no customs risks".

just order:D

• Haha
Reactions: Tijdwijzer

JHWatches

Horology Curious
7/2/22
I will do and make my experience ;)
Do you order the more expensive (and recommended) parcel option or is mail usually fine?

Last edited:

Kain666

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/1/22

No problem for a good TD. They will automatically pick triangle shipping and no customs will be involved. Worst case you ask the TD himself if they can confidently do it / without issues. Just read some buyer experiences from the TD threads and paint yourself a picture of which one you wanna pick.

Reactions: P..DR..D