• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EU July 2021 ending €22 import VAT exemption

LiquidLT

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/11/18
Waiting for a M2M sale from Singapore to EU, package declared 10 EUR as Gift/watch parts

Tracking status indicate “held by custom” since 30/July

Singapore Post

Wish me luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: maartenvdh

LiquidLT

12/11/18
Waiting for a M2M sale from Singapore to EU, package declared 10 EUR as Gift/watch parts

Tracking status indicate “held by custom” since 30/July

Singapore Post

Wish me luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quick update,got the package today, it is not opened and there is no tax. It was “held by custom” for 7 days then released…

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Now talking about M2M UK to EU/France, I have a watch bought from a fellow UK member on RG on it's way. It's the 1rst UK based buy I did since this whole brexit + custom thing started, and quite curious to see how it'll go.
It's been shipped 2 days ago on the 29th with Royal Mail, I'll keep the thread updated.

Update : watch was dropped 2 days ago on the 5th of august, right in my mailbox in south of France, which is precisely 1 week delivery. No custom hold nor fees, easy as that.

The average rate of custom holds may depend on the different EU countries but this one got in quick.

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

Alfons4000

Horology Curious
26/5/21
I received my watch from China and did not have to pay any duties (Scandinavia). The delivery was not particularly fast but packages seem to take their time to get here even send within EU. The watch made it through so all good there, but there was a sticker stamped on the package which stated:

"Goods not fulfilling the conditions laid down in Articles 28 and 29 of the Treaty on the functioning of the European Union"

I asked my TD about it but I was left on impression that he hadn`t seen such notice before.

Why markings on the package but still deliver it through....

c.dimitri

24/11/19
I received my watch from China and did not have to pay any duties (Scandinavia). The delivery was not particularly fast but packages seem to take their time to get here even send within EU. The watch made it through so all good there, but there was a sticker stamped on the package which stated:

"Goods not fulfilling the conditions laid down in Articles 28 and 29 of the Treaty on the functioning of the European Union"

I asked my TD about it but I was left on impression that he hadn`t seen such notice before.

Why markings on the package but still deliver it through....

https://tompai.pro/ecommerce/goods-...cles-28-29-treaty-functioning-european-union/

What they state is that any goods imported from other countries than the member states of the EU shall be let into free circulation after the customs charges have been paid for them and it doesn’t matter in which member state the duties would be paid.

Last edited:

ETAWatchlover

5/7/16
Maybe we get our stuff now easier through customs than before... because if the pre processing of the tax and vat .We only had problems when our package was "raided" because of suspicious content/value or the problem of providing the item cost .The second one seems to be a problem solved now

mercurio007

I have an EMS on the way shipped 15/7 and it is still waiting for an intermediate flight to arrive at the destination I think it will take 10 days at least,

that an air mail takes a month or more to arrive is unthinkable in 2021 for a price not so cheap, imho

Hogzy

Horology Curious
7/7/19
EU
I had my order shipped from China via 4px on 15th July, it arrived in Belgium 22nd July and departed for Ireland the next day. No tracking updates since and still waiting on it to arrive to Ireland. Dont know how it can take almost 3 weeks to get from Belgium to Ireland. Starting to lose hope!

Last edited:

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
UK to Germany was about 10 days, package opened (was only a bluesy insert), 22€ import fee.

Last edited:
Reactions: ETAWatchlover

Hogzy

Horology Curious
7/7/19
EU
surprise!!!

The package arrived 1 hour back, the tracking is completely fake stopped at 21/7,

paid 12,50 € customs on the declared value 40$ maybe too much but okay, the important that arrived smoothly

My 4PX tracking didnt update until just now (36hrs after delivery). It still said it left Belgium. I checked the 4px site again and there was a new BPost (belgium post) tracking number assigned and that had all the updated information. Still though, three weeks Belgium to Ireland is insanely long. In the meantime my other half had ordered trainers which were sent from Germany and they arrived in 4 days. Came by truck via France

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

Genta2014

Patron
Certified
31/3/14
I want to buy a rep via M2M sales .

It’s from the US to (Europe/Netherlands) .

Any ideas of the best and safest way of shipping ;
gift /value€ / descriptions( watch parts/repair?) /carrier and way of packing?

Thanks for all your expertise and advice !

Blaze20

5/10/20
United Kingdom
Declare low value gift as broken watch for repair with detailed note for work needed. I sent a watch recently to the Netherlands from the UK with DHL and declared value of £20.
The buyer was still hammered with €40 Tax

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

ETAWatchlover

5/7/16
Maybe even remove the clasp from the bracelet and the bracelet removed from the watchhead .Put the clasp in a separate bag with clasp written on .Just to be safe if shit Hits the Fan to make no one question that this is not a watch for repair .No one likes court lol