• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EU July 2021 ending €22 import VAT exemption

Davne25

Supporter // Watchaddict
23/3/17
Germany
mercurio007 not necessarily, c.m.p Roserio is just a parcel-company like DHL or „LaPoste“ in France :)

Björn_Ironside no you dont have to pick it up, it will get delivered to you. Are you based in Italy or somewhere else in the EU? This is most likely just a transitionpoint like Luxemburg or Belgium as a triangle turnaround :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
mercurio007 not necessarily, c.m.p Roserio is just a parcel-company like DHL or „LaPoste“ in France :)

Björn_Ironside no you dont have to pick it up, it will get delivered to you. Are you based in Italy or somewhere else in the EU? This is most likely just a transitionpoint like Luxemburg or Belgium as a triangle turnaround :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

in Italy!!!

djbenson

MULTI ACCOUNT
3/4/15
Out of curiousity, can you give us some examples?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

They fine us big time for importing fake goods here.. some countries can have or “import” them for own use.. belgium doesn’t believe that, they only believe in filling their pockets.. yay belgium..

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Reactions: JayBee0815

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
I also update here.
the package arrived after 37 days in transit. the postman asked me to pay 4.5 euros (VAT and postage duties).

the real surprise was the arrival of my second order. sent on July 18th and arrived today at my door, without any request for payment from the postman !! always with 4px, however it made a totally different turn than the first order.

maartenvdh

Horology Curious
7/7/21
Belgium
Does anybody have experiences receiving watches sold from members outside of the EU on the forum after 1 july? Since it's send as a gift and not a sale, the customs are most likely to stop it and open it to value for taxation.

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Does anybody have experiences receiving watches sold from members outside of the EU on the forum after 1 july? Since it's send as a gift and not a sale, the customs are most likely to stop it and open it to value for taxation.

I am also interested in that. The updates from Björn_Ironside are encouraging.
4px with a (sort of) triangular shipping method. I will gladly pay €4,5

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
I am also interested in that. The updates from Björn_Ironside are encouraging.
4px with a (sort of) triangular shipping method. I will gladly pay €4,5

precisely for this reason, TDs ship with 4px and are often reluctant towards direct couriers. triangulating the shipment at the end of the day the package makes the last route from EU to EU .. many less chance of falling under the curious eye of the customs officer. but these are always and only suppositions that are made at the beginning of the expedition. once the TDs ship, it all depends on luck. both for the arrival times and for the addition of expenses to be paid and for the customs seizure.

I myself found myself asking for a more direct shipment to my TD. my TD replied that my haste will cost me dearly, sooner or later in life. and when the second shipment arrived in just 12 days, again with 4px, compared to the first one (37 days of transit), I knew he was right. and I understood that the transit and arrival times depend on many variables, too many for people who are in too much of a hurry.

P. s. my second expedition was more important than the first. but I gave different expectations than the first. I have almost deliberately forgotten about it (I thought "when it comes, it comes"). coincidentally, I was rewarded with only 12 days.
Thanks to my TD and the companions here, who helped me to wait patiently.

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
precisely for this reason, TDs ship with 4px and are often reluctant towards direct couriers. triangulating the shipment at the end of the day the package makes the last route from EU to EU .. many less chance of falling under the curious eye of the customs officer. but these are always and only suppositions that are made at the beginning of the expedition. once the TDs ship, it all depends on luck. both for the arrival times and for the addition of expenses to be paid and for the customs seizure.

I myself found myself asking for a more direct shipment to my TD. my TD replied that my haste will cost me dearly, sooner or later in life. and when the second shipment arrived in just 12 days, again with 4px, compared to the first one (37 days of transit), I knew he was right. and I understood that the transit and arrival times depend on many variables, too many for people who are in too much of a hurry.

P. s. my second expedition was more important than the first. but I gave different expectations than the first. I have almost deliberately forgotten about it (I thought "when it comes, it comes"). coincidentally, I was rewarded with only 12 days.

Thanks for your updates, grazie mille signore!

We should give our TD more credit, since they also give life lessons (“my haste” comment).
Would love reading 4px experiences from other members

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe

When you see the whole thing purely from the economic perspective, the customs are not our problem, but the problem fot the TDs. They have the loss, when a shipment gets lost. So they have a high interest, that only very few shippings are controlled by the customs. I think, we can lean back and relax ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: mr french

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
When you see the whole thing purely from the economic perspective, the customs are not our problem, but the problem fot the TDs. They have the loss, when a paket gets lost. So they have a high interest, that only very few shippings are controlled by the customs. I think, we can lean back and relax ;-)

I am not entirely convinced just yet. E.g. pay for first package and not 2nd one. Some sort logic, as provided before hand, would be nice. But yes it looks like packages are arriving

maartenvdh

Horology Curious
7/7/21
Belgium
I'm convinced TDs will find a good reliable way. I'm more interested in M2M salmes especially from UK and signapore to EU. Since i haven't really read any forum posts about this with user experience. Maybe we could use a seperate thread or a sticky for most reliable M2M sending methods into europe after 1 july.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Regarding China to Europe, France in my case, I just got a watch ordered to Trusty. Shipped with 4PX on the 19th of july, received in my mailbox on the 29th of july, without any custom hold or neverending "in transit" status. That is quite efficient IMO.

Now talking about M2M UK to EU/France, I have a watch bought from a fellow UK member on RG on it's way. It's the 1rst UK based buy I did since this whole brexit + custom thing started, and quite curious to see how it'll go.
It's been shipped 2 days ago on the 29th with Royal Mail, I'll keep the thread updated.

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

RolETA2824

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/20
EU
After nearly one month I received my cartel 6263 from a M2M sale. It was send by UK Royal Mail tracked and signed. It got hold up at customs but the package was not opened. I paid 5,60€ tax because the seller declared watch parts 25£ on the CN22 form. Hope this information helps.

Reactions: JayBee0815