• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Collected list of current factory statuses

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Tc wm9 and a host of other reps never came back. Huge list of PAMs that never got made again. I don’t want that to happen but I wouldn’t hold my breath for noob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TC was a maker, he moved on from replica watches for various reasons, non of them to do with raids.

WM9 was a factory/maker who disappeared a long time ago, nothing to do with raids.

Watches get made in batches, sometimes small, sometimes large. When they've used all the parts from those batches and there's nothing left, they can't make any more of those watches - and it's not down to raids.

The Noob 'factory' has changed hands so many times it has nothing to do anymore with the original Noob maker - who was linked to WM9, and WM9 cases were originally used by TC on his Subs. Noob was so named by a Western dealer , because the Submariner watches they built were easy to sell to the noob customers.

The names given to the factories by the Chinese are to satisfy the western obsession with brands and brand identity.

Whether the boss of the current Noob set up decides to start up business again is only something he knows.

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
TC was a maker, he moved on from replica watches for various reasons, non of them to do with raids.

WM9 was a factory/maker who disappeared a long time ago, nothing to do with raids.

Watches get made in batches, sometimes small, sometimes large. When they've used all the parts from those batches and there's nothing left, they can't make any more of those watches - and it's not down to raids.

The Noob 'factory' has changed hands so many times it has nothing to do anymore with the original Noob maker - who was linked to WM9, and WM9 cases were originally used by TC on his Subs. Noob was so named by a Western dealer , because the Submariner watches they built were easy to sell to the noob customers.

The names given to the factories by the Chinese are to satisfy the western obsession with brands and brand identity.

Whether the boss of the current Noob set up decides to start up business again is only something he knows.

Great to know some in-depth and history of these watches! I hope you’re right and noob will be back. Their V4 was amazing so I can’t imagine what a v10 would look like. I for sure will be ordering more :)

Reactions: vcappp

SSW09

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/5/19
France
OMF is closed right now too, GF doesn't have some models in stock and they take a long time to get back.

I ordered a Breitling SuperOcean Heritage II from GF a month ago and still waiting.

Trustytime just announced a new release from OMF 2 days ago ( advertised in their website ), and I confirmed with them that the watches - GMT Master II carbon DIW - 6 or 7 different combination of colors - are available for orders. Please check : https://trustytime.io/index.php?mai...h_in_description=1&keyword=ROLGMT0218&x=0&y=0

Reactions: vcappp and ne0nite

Neo09

Horology Curious
20/5/21

SSW09

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/5/19
France
Thank you for letting me know! Gonna ask puretime and shoot my shot at one of their Seamsters :D

Jennifer from Puretime told me that they are getting the samples and will soon publish. Also before announcing something please check carefully, OMF is not closed at all.

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
Tc wm9 and a host of other reps never came back. Huge list of PAMs that never got made again. I don’t want that to happen but I wouldn’t hold my breath for noob

I think there’s too much money to be made off of noob’s 4130 movement. Even if this factory doesn’t open again I hope VSF reps the Daytona with the 4130, fingers crossed.

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
I think there’s too much money to be made off of noob’s 4130 movement. Even if this factory doesn’t open again I hope VSF reps the Daytona with the 4130, fingers crossed.

If VSF makes a Daytona with the SA4130 I’ll buy 5 (panda, black, blue, chocolate, and green) Immediately

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
If VSF makes a Daytona with the SA4130 I’ll buy 5 (panda, black, blue, chocolate, and green) Immediately

Me too, lol. Even if they do we’ll probably have to wait a long time more unfortunately :(

thenut

Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Germany
WM9 , i once Heard that the owner of the factory had a fatal accident in his Lamborghini years ago

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Me too, lol. Even if they do we’ll probably have to wait a long time more unfortunately :(

I don´t like Daytonas that much, but if VSF some day makes them, for sure I´ll get me one of those :)

ne0nite

Horology Curious
24/4/21
Thank you everyone for providing factory status updates. Keep'em coming!

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
BPF is open according to Sead, I know it is closely linked to GMF but it might be worth adding to the list as it’s own entity?

thenut

Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Germany
MK is Not working at the Moment , according to Eric geektime (TD at RG) . Should reopen in a few days

Last edited: