• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Collected list of current factory statuses

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Agreed, I’ve asked the 2 TD’s they insist it is still closed with limited quantity. However, the amount of new VSF models suddenly available doesn’t support this. I feel like we are told one thing when the truth is another just to keep VSF prices artificially high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Research carefully the VSF models that are currently available, I read somewhere on the forum that the models, Rolex and Omega, are not 100% VSF.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Research carefully the VSF models that are currently available, I read somewhere on the forum that the models, Rolex and Omega, are not 100% VSF.

Panerai too. Nobody knows where this NOS-watches came from. With Panerai it looks like this is a mixture of not so popular models which are in deed assembled by VSF before the raid and newer assembled watches, that are often hybrids with old (good) and new (not so good) parts. And there are also lots of watches in the "Special VSF-Stocks" that have big flaws or smaller damaging, that seem to be the watches from the Pre-Raid time, that didnt get GLed from us.

So at least for me there is no sign, that VSF is alive at all. There is not one new model from VSF. All we see are old watches and newer ones that are assembled from someone with old VSF-Parts.

So what do we have? A giant hype with premiums of 100 US$ and more for the watches. A good business for lots of participants in the chain. I have no clue, if VSF will be back. But I honestly see no sign, that this could happen.

Last edited:

John Abel

Known Member
15/5/20
UK
So what do we have? A giant hype with premiums of 100 US$ and more for the watches

Yep. And lower quality or more uncertainty about it.

Apparently the price hike should attract more competition and produce better quality, and at least after some time the quality/ price ratio stays the same.

After one year there are still no signs of that. We have to bear in mind "factories" are related to each other, for example, most don't make movements but source them. That means the market (I guess) is very closed to newcomers. How? simply by the pressure of current factories not wanting competitors. This is my explanation for this strange situation extending for that long.

Avanti76

Known Member
16/2/19
Has anyone heard anything new on MKF?

I asked a TD about status some weeks ago and answer was reopening not expected before March.
I believe it is due to Chinese New year happening in Feb this year and it would not make much sense to restart a factory before such a major shut down.
Let's wait and see.

Avanti76

donkacper

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Agreed, I’ve asked the 2 TD’s they insist it is still closed with limited quantity. However, the amount of new VSF models suddenly available doesn’t support this. I feel like we are told one thing when the truth is another just to keep VSF prices artificially high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What new models? There are no new models from VSF and it looks like there won't be any.
All that is available are reps from old stock or some hybrids made partially from VSF parts.

Wysłane z mojego motorola edge przy użyciu Tapatalka

Reactions: JayBee0815

rrr83

Horology Curious
13/4/21
Any news on VSF? Seems like way too many people are buying them for it to still be closed.

I asked my TD about PAM that I want to get, he said VSF is reopened this week and they have it in stock. I am like ..... not so sure.

Last edited:

Rupert Fripp

Supporter
Certified
27/3/21
At least we can get some stock and it dampens the frenzy due to scarcity. $888 for a rep is ridiculous.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
At least we can get some stock and it dampens the frenzy due to scarcity. $888 for a rep is ridiculous.

In the past, the price for a newly listed model on a TD site would be $888 until they confirmed what the actual price would be. It was placeholder text.

These days, it’s not so easy to be certain that’s the case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John Abel

Known Member
15/5/20
UK
$888 for a rep is ridiculous.

House prices are equally ridiculous in some places. Nevertheless they get sold and bought. There is a difference. There are alternatives to a rep, from homage to gate shitters. So they will see the market shrinking. Some people prefer that. Few sales, high profit. I think Chinese in general prefer big sales small margin. We'll see.

GaryN

Looking Around
25/8/19
I wonder if the authorities will lighten up on the factories after the Olympics. Don't most countries sweep their streets of beggars, whores, and drug dealers before they host any international event? The factories may not be storefront businesses, but they are still an industry that the government wants to deny. No?

Avalanche

They don't build statues to business men.
Supporter
Certified
30/3/21
UK
Just a quick one. I think VSF maybe should be updated to 'open' on page one. Obviously I'd take it with a pinch of salt but its been stated on a few sites that VSF officially reopened last week and are taking orders. I'm not sure if members here more in the know can confirm but the source is https://www.susanreviews.com/ and shes not been wrong in the past when she has stated updates. I've also just put an order for some VSF watches in with my TD and they have stated if they are in stock they will provide them rather than saying they are closed which they have in the past.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Just a quick one. I think VSF maybe should be updated to 'open' on page one. Obviously I'd take it with a pinch of salt but its been stated on a few sites that VSF officially reopened last week and are taking orders. I'm not sure if members here more in the know can confirm but the source is https://www.susanreviews.com/ and shes not been wrong in the past when she has stated updates. I've also just put an order for some VSF watches in with my TD and they have stated if they are in stock they will provide them rather than saying they are closed which they have in the past.

Chill, its just romors.
Not open yet.

Read exactly:

As far as I know, this time, VS factory will release their stocks two times each week.

Some readers here always asked me one question, do these watch factories have contact information? I said no, VS factory does not have any official website, they also do not post their contact information on the internet, this is a dangerous job, you know, this factory makes replica watches and sells them, every information about them is secret. If you guys want to order VSF products, must be quick, because I do not know when there is a raid, and the factory will have to close again.

If you know any fucking simple thing about marketing psychology, you should see a red flag every time someone wants to tell you to be quick to buy something, because X can happen and you wont be able to buy after;)

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Susanreviews is the same seller as wristwatchspot.com and has quickly made a name for himself by sending producer Michael Blakey replica watches. His IG account watch_shop587 has recently been removed.

Enough Sherlock Holmes for now, his blogs are ok to read but there are nothing like the information found here on the forum from established members and TDs. New members seem to take his word in an instant.

As for VSF reopening, it’s all a rumor for now imho. The post-raid quality is below par, so I have read here. Happy if some of our TDs could comment on any developments [mention]puretime [/mention] [mention]jtimewatch [/mention] [mention]trustytime [/mention]

Reactions: JayBee0815

Avalanche

They don't build statues to business men.
Supporter
Certified
30/3/21
UK
there are nothing like the information found here on the forum from established members and TDs.
Completely agree....thats why I stated to 'take it with a pinch of salt' and also to ask members with more experience than I to confirm if they knew.

John Abel

Known Member
15/5/20
UK
I wonder if the authorities will lighten up on the factories after the Olympics. Don't most countries sweep their streets of beggars, whores, and drug dealers before they host any international event? The factories may not be storefront businesses, but they are still an industry that the government wants to deny. No?

1. "cleaning" the streets, yes, they all do in these events, but factories, and especially those in the shade, no. Plus, they may be far away from the olimpic sites.

2. The Chinese government is very happy with everything bringing foreign money to China. They just take the minimum action because of the IP holders pressure (Rolex sells quite a lot in China) and to keep a minimum international image. Period. Once they played the "good boys" for a while, they leave them do their job again. Besides that there is the, em, "structure" of police... I guess those factories need a "protector" to not be raided to death. Internal fights and control wars is a theory behind the 2021 raids.

Last edited:

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
At least VSF should be changed to "open"...

Reactions: SkyMaster337