• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is the replica industry collapsing?

Loverboy

Horology Curious
26/11/17
Oslo, Norway
I contacted Chazingtime the other day, about ordering a new watch and about getting a tool for the pinscrew holding the strap on my Bell & Ross, the pinscrew constantly unscrew itself and havent found a wathsmith with such a small tool. The answer I got was this:

"Now police raids alot maker only work some days . and no selling of parts . only watches some can get .For shipping 4px direct cheaper and faster .DHL now no more accept replica goods".

Translated from chinese-english I interpret what Chazingtime says: "The police are raiding replica makers. Besides that there will be no parts-delivery, maybe you can get a watch if you order, but maybe not, and not because the police are raiding factories, but DHL doesn´t accept delivery of replica wathes, so the replica business is basically fucked".

Can anyone comment on either chazingtimes perspective or my interpret, because I all of the sudden would really not like to order the watches on my list, based on chazingtimes statement.

Last edited:

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
It's like men doing a tail comparison in the shower, only the other way around with the watchmakers.

"Who has the smallest ..." (screwdriver)

You haven't noticed anything about the huge raids that have been going on recently?

Reactions: JayBee0815

Loverboy

Horology Curious
26/11/17
Oslo, Norway
No, haven´t noticed anything. Have been logged out and wearing out my replicas and been living on a mountaintop during the last year during coronatimes. Guess I´ll return to the mountaintop and staying there till next year. Could you sum up what have happened? Raids and what have been going on, please?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Have been logged out and wearing out my replicas and been living on a mountaintop during the last year during coronatimes.
Now that sounds like an enviable lifestyle to have led during the pandemic.

As you've been a member for a good few years, you'll be aware of the periodic raids by the Chinese authorities, to make a show of cracking down on counterfeiting. The latest is another of those, but does seem to have been particularly thorough. There have been reports that it's spelt the end of Noob as we know it, for instance.

I have less time in this hobby, but to me it feels that this is too big an industry to kill off - it'll adapt and continue, just with some of the old players gone and some new ones in place. Oh, and all the prices will go up, of course... Because they can...

Loverboy

Horology Curious
26/11/17
Oslo, Norway
Thanks for updating on latest news. I´ll put a new battery in my shiny Seiko, put the skies , the wife and the rest of the gear in the car and head for the the mountain cabin to finish the novel and hopefully talk to you guys in a coronafree northern hemisphere next year sometimes.

Rehaut19

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/20
Oh, shit... here we go again...

Fergulator72

I'm Pretty Popular
4/5/21
Definitely heard DHL are returning parcels,even heard a few members say they have had m2m parcel returned from DHL which is weird because they shouldn't know what's in the parcel unless it's stated correct on the custom form,which one wouldn't do

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk