• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Green Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra - Is it possible to request a rep of the old green version?

DoChen1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/1/21
Hi,

Can anyone here help me understand if it’s still possible to order the old version of the Green Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 150m Master Chronometer with the more blueish tone?

There was apparently a change last year and the reference number changed from: 220.10.41.21.10.00 to 220.10.41.21.10.001

TDs only show pictures of the new Omega version which is more olive green. So I assume that the factories have already switched to the new color.

Would factories simply make one of the old versions on special request?

Thanks for any advice.

OLD VERSION

NEW VERSION

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Would factories simply make one of the old versions on special request?
Yeah, sure. You just have to pop along to the factory and ask in person. They'll hand build it there and then. And while you wait, they let you play with the chickens.

Reactions: JayBee0815

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Yeah, sure. You just have to pop along to the factory and ask in person. They'll hand build it there and then. And while you wait, they let you play with the chickens.

I once went to Volkswagen like that, and they built me a car with round doors, just because i like the shape. Really appreciate it. They didnt have chickens there, that was sad. But i could drink beer and play football with the germans, was great.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Your best bet is to post a Want To Buy ad in the Sales section or wait for one to become available. All the best.

Nosonofmine

29/1/17
Other than sarcasm in this thread = No. Not possible. Factories are usually going for "popular" models.
I would have love to seen an Omega Seamster 300 36mm version but unfortunately this never happened as it appears to be a niche model.

DoChen1

31/1/21
Thanks for the serious answers so far. I’m already aware that this isn’t a very bespoke industry.
The factories so far denied my requests to make a VC Overseas in Blue and an IWC Big Pilot Vintage with a blue dial and both are actually current models that can be found on various TD sites.

I was simply hopeful that someone here actually had a positive experience to share to bring up the next time I message my TD.
I’ll certainly also post a request in the Wanted section for the random chance that someone somewhere may be interested in unloading one of these older models.

DoChen1

31/1/21
Me?

Sorry, but my Mandarin isn’t good enough for lengthy discussions about watch dials..

I prefer to send bitchy messages to my TD on Whatsapp when I don’t get what I want.
His English is rather decent..

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
There was apparently a change last year and the reference number changed from: 220.10.41.21.10.00 to 220.10.41.21.10.001

And now for something completely different. From where do you have the information of this stated modell? If you search Google for the Reference-Number 220.10.41.21.10.00 you only get four results from strange chinese sites ..

DoChen1

31/1/21
On further search, I can't find the "old" S/N 220.10.41.21.10.00 either. That said, it still seems as if the new "mossy" green was introduced last year and is here to stay.
https://www.watchtime.com/wristwatc...o-its-aqua-terra-palette-with-two-new-models/

The new dial color is listed on the Omega Website:
https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-...axial-master-chronometer-41-mm-22010412110001

To make matters more confusing, the are Grey Market Offers for the "old" green that use the same S/N.
https://www.chronext.de/omega/seamaster/220-10-41-21-10-001/V29575

So I guess the Omega 22010412110001 green was simply replaced.

That said, I don't think these details matter much to our chinese friends at VSF, ZF, ...
They apparently switched their machines last year and offer the latest "mossy green" version in impeccable quality.

I was just hoping to hear whether they ocasionally offered to make previous versions of popular models no matter which make or watch.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
The first one, georgefakes.com, does not appear to be seller but an replica information site, I could be wrong.

The second one, noobshoubia.com, is not a RWI Trusted dealer and more than likely is a scam site. A lot of scam sites like to include the Noob name on their web site to make them appear reputable.

Shop safely.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
So I guess the Omega 22010412110001 green was simply replaced.

I have this watch and the colour of the dial is alterning in different light conditions (and light temperatures) and view angles. All modells shown in your links are the normal colour, only the Chronext-Version is different. But that is no photo, but a rendering. Dont know, what happend there. But I am prettty shure, that the colour, you want to have, doesnt exists in "wildlife".

DoChen1

31/1/21
So you think this is more of an optical illusion coming from some combination of the AR crystal and a polarizing filter?

Could be.

That’s the VS Factory Best Edition Super Clone? Right?

If I compare the pictures on trusty for that model with the short flick on that site, I can at times barely recognize that it’s the same color. The pictures are clearly Moss Green but the Watch turned around in bright light is sometimes almost grey.

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_66&products_id=21132

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
That’s the VS Factory Best Edition Super Clone? Right?

Right. I would recommend you to watch some reviews of the Gen on YouTube. Cause it is quite popular, you will find lots of good videos. Moving pictures are bette to get a imagination of the dial. And the VSF Rep dial is really very close to the Gen.