• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

LOL Customs Checked Rehaut!!! Not a Joke

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21
People like to joke about how strangers are going to check rehaut of your watch for autistically small differences from gen etc.

True story. My friend gave our other friend a vsf hulk. On his way into Belgrade Serbia, they stopped him and accused him of having a fake watch and demanded to see papers for it.

He told them he doesn’t have them because it’s a gift from his uncle... the guy unironically checks the rehaut, sees the serial and says “oh ok it’s real the fake ones don’t have that” and he passes through without confiscation fines etc.

LOL RWI meme come true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rwacc

Known Member
17/1/21
Ahaha, must be a watch enthusiast customs officer. But this does make me wonder how customs anywhere checks for fake watches, when it isn't always clear. Perhaps be seller's country and other clues it isn't from an individual person.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
True story.
I think "barely plausible story" might be a more accurate description.

But thanks for the warning - I now need to make sure I'm carrying the receipts and warranty papers for every piece of high quality clothing and accessory I'm wearing, next time I travel to Belgrade - in case I get stopped and "they" insist on me proving its authenticity.

It does sound worth a trip though, on the off chance I could get to see how someone checks a rehaut unironically.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Ahaha, must be a watch enthusiast customs officer. But this does make me wonder how customs anywhere checks for fake watches, when it isn't always clear. Perhaps be seller's country and other clues it isn't from an individual person.

A Rolex branded watch in a box coming from China declared as a low value item won’t be raise any suspect if it was you? eheh

rwacc

Known Member
17/1/21
A Rolex branded watch in a box coming from China declared as a low value item won’t be raise any suspect if it was you? eheh

That was a little more obvious that I thought lol. But yes, despite how big the Asian market for luxury watches is getting, I think declared low-value watches are either fakes (so actually quite low value) or potential custom fraudsters, so that's a good tell.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Just today a package arrived in Switzerland and went thru customs, a rubber strap with rosegold rolex clasp.
Declared price 2.50 usd
Item: "ROLEX Clasp rosegold with logo"

What a luck:D And no, it wasnt from a TD, thats why declaration was like this:D

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21
I think "barely plausible story" might be a more accurate description.

But thanks for the warning - I now need to make sure I'm carrying the receipts and warranty papers for every piece of high quality clothing and accessory I'm wearing, next time I travel to Belgrade - in case I get stopped and "they" insist on me proving its authenticity.

It does sound worth a trip though, on the off chance I could get to see how someone checks a rehaut unironically.

This actually happened, he arrived there 2 days ago.

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21
Just today a package arrived in Switzerland and went thru customs, a rubber strap with rosegold rolex clasp.
Declared price 2.50 usd
Item: "ROLEX Clasp rosegold with logo"

What a luck:D And no, it wasnt from a TD, thats why declaration was like this:D

Very funny, reality is they don't check probably 80-90% of stuff at all right?

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21

Maybe they were recently instructed to check for counterfeit watches etc.

Friend looks kind of plain, and he is Chinese, so might have been a tell

Reactions: rwacc

Nosonofmine

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/1/17
True story. My friend gave our other friend a vsf hulk. On his way into Belgrade Serbia, they stopped him and accused him of having a fake watch and demanded to see papers for it.

Where did this happen? At the airport or at the border coming in by car?
And if the latter - what car? You see enough people wearing Quarz Rolexes sitting behind the wheel of a Golf IV.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Where did this happen? At the airport or at the border coming in by car?
Yes, where did this thing that didn’t happen not happen?

BTW, I have no doubt that the OP’s friend told ChineseGeraldGenta that this happened. I’m not suggesting that CGG is the fibber here. I just don’t think it happened.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk