• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sent watch for service to Rwi trusted member no comms since watch got delivered, what to do?

Himalayan_Salt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/11/19
UK
Hi everyone, I sent my watch for a service with one of UK based members who is well known on here (not mentioning any names atm just in case it's a genuine mistake)

At the beginning everything was very smooth, good communication. I posted the watch with special delivery and it got delivered over 10 days ago.
Ever since the watch got delivered, I haven't heard anything back from the member, not even an acknowledgement of receipt. I've emailed him and messaged him through PM system on here but no response.
I understand that it takes time to open up the watch and come back with a quote, however I find the lack of any communication disturbing.

Could anyone advise how to proceed? Would anyone else be able to get in touch with him please?

Many thanks

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
If it's Adrian, just stay patient. He does get incredibly busy at times. I've known him over 5 years, met him in person a few times. Sometimes I've had stuff back in a few weeks, sometimes it takes much longer, but he always comes through in the end and is a top bloke who you can trust, absolutely no doubts.

A mate of mine lives near him and popped by to see him to pick up a watch once. He showed him how many watches arrived that day and I don't know if it's a typical day but there were about 10-15 boxes there. Add a job and a family to that and there ain't much time for comms!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Himalayan_Salt

28/11/19
UK
If it's Adrian, just stay patient. He does get incredibly busy at times. I've known him over 5 years, met him in person a few times. Sometimes I've had stuff back in a few weeks, sometimes it takes much longer, but he always comes through in the end and is a top bloke who you can trust, absolutely no doubts.

A mate of mine lives near him and popped by to see him to pick up a watch once. He showed him how many watches arrived that day and I don't know if it's a typical day but there were about 10-15 boxes there. Add a job and a family to that and there ain't much time for comms!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply ssouthall6, this is very reassuring

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
ssouthall6 said it all, and I can also confirm the same from my own experience of sending Ado several watches for repairs, service and/or mods. He gets extraordinarily busy and you may not hear from him for extended periods of time, but he will always deliver.

Reactions: Jammydodger79

Baron Rees

Renowned Member
Certified
2/3/14
It pains me to respond here, as I’ve been a regular customer, and had some fantastic work done by Ado213 over the years...I think the first was a service on a Tudor Heritage Ranger back in 2014! However, I’ve had three watch projects with him for a while now - one since December, and two more since mid January. Correspondence ceased towards the end of January, and since then there have been no responses to my texts, emails and calls.

From what I can see Ado213 is the only U.K. based watchmaker taking work on at the moment, so no doubt is inundated, but I’m finding the lack of response quite disconcerting now, especially given the value of the projects I have with him.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
It pains me to respond here, as I’ve been a regular customer, and had some fantastic work done by Ado213 over the years...I think the first was a service on a Tudor Heritage Ranger back in 2014! However, I’ve had three watch projects with him for a while now - one since December, and two more since mid January. Correspondence ceased towards the end of January, and since then there have been no responses to my texts, emails and calls.

From what I can see Ado213 is the only U.K. based watchmaker taking work on at the moment, so no doubt is inundated, but I’m finding the lack of response quite disconcerting now, especially given the value of the projects I have with him.

Last I heard from him was 5th March. Hope he's OK - I have left watches with him for the best part of a year before, never bothers me much as it's only a watch, I worry more for his health and sanity!

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
I had a cuppa with him about a month ago and he was very busy - he’ll get to it in due course. I have 4 or 5 builds with him at the moment and have no concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

S11653

15/1/17
I picked up a project from Adrian a few days back and like others said he is absolutely busy. I wouldn't worry to much.

Himalayan_Salt

28/11/19
UK
Quick update, he did get back to me in the end. From the conversations that we had he does sound very busy. Received the watch back and all seems well ~ thanks everyone

Reactions: Doc_Savage

Doc_Savage

Amor Fati
Certified
18/3/19
Michigan
Quick update, he did get back to me in the end. From the conversations that we had he does sound very busy. Received the watch back and all seems well ~ thanks everyone

Thanks for coming back and updating the thread! Good to hear he finally got back with you. He sounds extraordinarily busy.