• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

Hiroxima

Horology Curious
25/12/19
EU
Ohh Mathieu, you’ve been here since 2012, have you ever heard of someone buying noob from AliExpress ? That place is full of worse than DhGate tier reps.

Reactions: mega12

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Hiroxima When I've tended to need a bracelet or crown and hands for a build, that's been when I've bought a whole watch from there, and tear it apart. I've been sent photos of what I'm purchasing before and after. It's a great option for me when I don't need to scrutinised watch QC and just need a few bits of it. Low cost.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
And 90% of the watch dealers from Ali provide bullshit stock photo QC and then send you a BP instead VSF or send you wrong movement and then? What you wanna do?
Lose 450usd:D

Thats correct. But there are in deed very few dealers on AEX, who send you QC-Pics and act like "normal TDs". But I still dont get it, why you should order there, cause these few "good" dealers have to take higher prices. They buy at the Factories for the same price and have to pay AEX the commission fees of around 10%. This commission is in the price, you have to pay. The only advantage is off course the buyer protection from AEX. When I was new to the hobby, I ordered some Reps on AEX from different Dealers too. 80% where rubbish, 20% where good but overpriced. So this is no alternative to our TDs.

Last edited:

domthedon030

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/9/19
Just received my VSF Sub from Sead today. All I can say is wow!

Bought 7/8 reps in the past with the last one being around 8 years ago. I can’t believe the quality of this one. I definitely couldn’t justify spending £7500 on the gen.

Sorry if slightly off topic!

Hoping VSF can get back up and running properly some time soon as I’d really like to buy a few more.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14

Bought 7/8 reps in the past with the last one being around 8 years ago. I can’t believe the quality of this one. I definitely couldn’t justify spending £7500 on the gen.

Hoping VSF can get back up and running properly some time soon as I’d really like to buy a few more.
TBH a gen sub holds its value so I would opt for a gen if you can afford it. But yet again not many people can get it at retail

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

domthedon030

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/9/19
TBH a gen sub holds its value so I would opt for a gen if you can afford it. But yet again not many people can get it at retail

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Oh for sure. In terms of investment you’re correct. Even for a quick flip you can make £3000+ if you’re lucky enough to pick one up at an AD.

My local AD doesn’t even respond to emails these days and I bought a Day Date from them 5 years back. The hype around Rolex is very high at the moment.

However, if we’re talking about the watch for what it is, there is absolutely no justification for the price tag compared to what you’ll pay for one of these VSF subs. IMHO.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18

You ordered it after the raids?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
I don't understrand that Noob 116500 are not avalaible at TD because raids and are avalaible on Aliexpress.

I will almost guarantee that it will be either 15mm or have faux chronos. DHGate/Ali sellers use words to attract buyers that does not mean they can actually get the watch they advertise.

locvs

7/12/20
Germany

Ylijumala

1/3/21
In the Soviet EU
And it's what customs do. They seize tons of goods every day. Counterfeit goods, food, animal products, drugs, etc. etc.
This. Also, I find it pretty funny they use the (severely inflated) gen price in calculating the "value" of the seizure. It's the same kind of corrupt logic as with media piracy, where every copy is counted as a lost sale. I doubt anyone who would have bought one of those replicas would actually want to pony up the cash for gen.

Reactions: John Abel and oay62

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
Disclaimer: I don't know, how reliable this chart is. So pls. DYOR!

FYI:
unnamedvuj1n.jpg