• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
The character he played was an Irish Traveller. In the UK they are called by many names including Gypsies. In Ireland Gypsy refers to the Roma peoples. The Irish Travellers are a separate ethnic group to the Roma and were created 400 years ago when people were forced off their lands. In some places like the UK there is some integration with the Roma community but in Ireland they do not marry outside their community. The Cant they speak can have a mix between Irish, English and sometimes Roma. The Roma people as an ethnic group have existed for over a thousand years.

In addition to C Master - As a German I have also to remember, that in our cultural heritage the word "Gypsi" has a negativ connotation. During the Nazi-Aera Sinti and Romani where not only suppressed but also as "Zigeuner" (German for Gypsi) deported and killed in the KZs. That has absolutely nothing to do with the romantic picture of the "Travellers" in the movie Snatch. Today in our language the word "Gypsi" has a racist connotation.

Reactions: P..DR..D

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
As a German I have also to remember, that in our cultural heritage the word "Gypsi" has a negativ connotation.

Funny when I was growing up "Gypsy" had a romantic connotation. The idealisation of freedom to roam etc. There are many beautiful songs about that way of life. Highly idealised and unfortunately the reality is a lot different in far too many cases. There is a lot of racism here too against the Roma and the Travellers.

I had the privilege of working with Irish Travellers at one stage and being allowed a glimpse into their lives.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Funny when I was growing up "Gypsy" had a romantic connotation. The idealisation of freedom to roam etc. There are many beautiful songs about that way of life. Highly idealised and unfortunately the reality is a lot different in far too many cases. There is a lot of racism here too against the Roma and the Travellers.

I had the privilege of working with Irish Travellers at one stage and being allowed a glimpse into their lives.

Yes, that is a little contradictory. When I was young, there was also a romantic connotation of freedom, but on the other side the older people like my granny said racists things like "take the laundry off the line, the Gypsis are comming to town". But we are moving off topic now ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: P..DR..D

Horace Derwent

Known Member
17/6/10
I think the YouTube reviews have opened the floodgates to rep world. Even who never for rep watches and only follow gen watches are forced into this topic with top watch reviewers doing gen/rep comparison videos. I'm sure all that will impact somewhere. It took time but I believe that it's one of the strong reasons for these raids.

I cannot quote more what you wrote.

That jenni elle video .....i jumped on my chair when i saw it.

For me, Youtube videos are the culprit.

Last edited:

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
I think the YouTube reviews have opened the floodgates to rep world. Even who never cared for rep watches and only follow gen watches are forced into this topic with top watch reviewers doing gen/rep comparison videos. I'm sure all that will impact somewhere. It took time but I believe that it's one of the strong reasons for these raids.

This! And Reddit Fanboys....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Doc.77 and m5smg2

Karl

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/12
Hungary
Seriously? Now you are saying that to describe poor people your first thought is the Rom? Can you not see the xenophobia in that?

Bossman, like I said I'm truly sorry but again in my initial post I talked about white trash first and then also added gypsies like this https://youtu.be/ksFIJtceLL8

I have never seen a person dressed like the lady in your picture, "gypsy" is a normal word we use in Hungary no negative meaning behind it.

Reactions: JayBee0815

CJS57

7/9/20
I had a VSF OP 41mm on order with Trusty since March 1st. Then after the raids a week later nothing happened for 6 weeks. So I had Trusty cancel the VSF and substituted an ARF OP 39. I received QC pics in a few days and receive the watch in a few weeks. Don't know if the ARF was in stock somewhere or was made recently. But ARF is shipping .
About the posters rehaut on his VSF. They are all off somewhat on VSF. Also off in places on most/all other factories. Rehaut examination is my first go to determining if a watch is real Rolex or rep. Reps are always off. My gen 124060 rehaut is very near perfect all around the circle. The serial number alignment of the reps is always off so that is my first go to tell.

Reactions: Bronzestar

Karl

23/8/12
Hungary
Rehaut examination is my first go to determining if a watch is real Rolex or rep. Reps are always off.

Just to add;

I remember my V3 Noob LN sub had it way off but it's so small you cant even see it while wearing IMO

Also some VSFs have like 4-7 letter off in the left corner so barely visible on the wrist from the wearers perspective 100% not visible.

Reactions: Doc.77

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
VRF isn’t delivering and VSF isn’t delivering but at least RF still deliver...once in a blue moon :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
VRF isn’t delivering and VSF isn’t delivering but at least RF still deliver...once in a blue moon :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rusty_Shackleford

15/4/21
I finally said screw and changed my sub order from VSF to clean. I paid in full on April 19.

I’ll pickup the VSF later if it’s so good. I’m sure the Clean will be good enough for now.

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Super rep recap: things are not looking good for Noob and VSF. A big blow from the CCP.

Is the rep market knock out? No it will continue, but guessing it will take some time (years?) to get back to a vsf Rollie standard , if one factory will even try to take that risk. Feel that the high quality of VSF reps has been the start of the raids

Goldenboy74

Known Member
21/4/21
Hello guys, does anyone know that the TDs have stock of goods at home?
I ask you this because I asked everyone for a couple of references and one of them replied that they were available immediately, while the others said not available.
Is he trying to trick me?

MrDaydate

Horology Curious
17/5/21
Hello guys, does anyone know that the TDs have stock of goods at home?
I ask you this because I asked everyone for a couple of references and one of them replied that they were available immediately, while the others said not available.
Is he trying to trick me?

A few have some very limited stock yes. What are you looking for if you don't mind me asking?

MrDaydate

Horology Curious
17/5/21
Check with intime. I saw some PAM'S in their "limited stock section" on their homepage.
good luck

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Super rep recap: things are not looking good for Noob and VSF. A big blow from the CCP.

Is the rep market knock out? No it will continue, but guessing it will take some time (years?) to get back to a vsf Rollie standard , if one factory will even try to take that risk. Feel that the high quality of VSF reps has been the start of the raids

Money is a big motivating factor, and these high quality reps sold very well. It’ll be sooner than you think, certainly not year/s.