• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
I was looking to buy a 116610LN or 126610LN just before the raids started. That activity put an end to looking for one via TD for me. Now looking for an M2M conus sale and hopefully the pricing remains stable with most TDs not taking any orders now. Well, perhaps they are taking orders but delivery is the issue. The journey continues....

Fergulator72

I'm Pretty Popular
4/5/21
I was looking to buy a 116610LN or 126610LN just before the raids started. That activity put an end to looking for one via TD for me. Now looking for an M2M conus sale and hopefully the pricing remains stable with most TDs not taking any orders now. Well, perhaps they are taking orders but delivery is the issue. The journey continues....
Prices can he no higher than factories on M2M so you won't have to worry about paying more,the issue will be finding the watches, people still think the factories will open soon and it's just your usual yearly raids so lots of sales still but it would seem they are not and watches may get harder to find

Sent from my SM-F700F using Tapatalk

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
Prices can he no higher than factories on M2M so you won't have to worry about paying more,the issue will be finding the watches, people still think the factories will open soon and it's just your usual yearly raids so lots of sales still but it would seem they are not and watches may get harder to find

Sent from my SM-F700F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that information. That's good news. Yeah, I'm checking the M2M sales forum regularly. Hopefully I'll find something and get on it quickly enough before it sells. There have been one or two that I waffled on and missed out.
ABT

natasjames

22/10/12

Same shoe, same watch.... depressing news....

centrum

27/7/14
My guy says,

"These days the market is strictly investigated, the shipment is unstable, please wait patiently! AR JF EW MKS YL GF 3s V7 holiday does not answer orders for the time being! There is a notice! Suspend all refund and replacement after-sale repairs!"

It hasn't been easy to order reps the past few months.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

domthedon030

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/9/19
Just received my QC pics from Sead. All looks great apart from the misaligned rehaut issue. Seems quite bad on this one though.. Is it actually possible to get one of these with a straight rehaut? Wondering whether it’s worth rejecting or not.

John Abel

Known Member
15/5/20
UK
ZbERKP.jpg

Take this with a grain of salt.
Not wanting to propagate disinformation but interesting nonetheless.

Maybe time to come out of the closet and make homage watches with Noob, VSF, etc names. If they are reputable in the rep World, why should you hide your beautiful VSF watch name?
That would be the start of a war: the war on quality/ price. And the Swiss will lose from the start. Because a VSF is 95% a rolex for a 5% of a rolex's price.

The rep World is kind of Tom and Jerry, at the end they need each other somehow, rep makers need the gen to copy, and gen makers need the reps to magnify their alleged excellence.

Last edited:

en_nissen

Horology Curious
13/5/21
Maybe time to come out of the closet and make homage watches with Noob, VSF, etc names. If they are reputable in the rep World, why should you hide your beautiful VSF watch name?
That would be the start of a war: the war on quality/ price. And the Swiss will lose from the start. Because a VSF is 95% a rolex for a 5% of a rolex's price.

The rep World is kind of Tom and Jerry, at the end they need each other somehow, rep makers need the gen to copy, and gen makers need the reps to magnify their alleged excellence.
I think they'd have to change their name, and hide well, for this to truly happen.
Just look at the Ginault controversy. It seems a lot of people refuse to buy his watches because of his assumed past of being the man behind TC.

Although I do agree with you - I'm completely new to the rep scene, but would prefer to buy watches with the same design, but different logo/name, so it isn't an illegal product.

Karl

23/8/12
Hungary

Honestly, seeing a lot of low life with fake AP and fake hublots makes me kinda hate these brands just like Gucci ect.

I mean these plastic looking "gold" toy watches on ugly people. Kinda cringe, just like in Hungary majority of gypsies wear fake LV and other expensive brands.

Reactions: rj999

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Honestly, seeing a lot of low life with fake AP and fake hublots makes me kinda hate these brands just like Gucci ect.

I mean these plastic looking "gold" toy watches on ugly people. Kinda cringe, just like in Hungary majority of gypsies wear fake LV and other expensive brands.

You got something against Romney people mate?

Reactions: Rufctr2

Aramis2288

Supporter
Certified
27/3/17

If you don't like fake stuff then I am not entirely sure what are you doing here mate.

domthedon030

18/9/19
Lovely, one of the last S29’s

Do you not think the rehaut is bad? I’ve asked for more images just in case it’s camera angle (I doubt it is).

I have seen S29’s with straight rehauts so I am on the fence with whether to green light it atm.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Do you not think the rehaut is bad? I’ve asked for more images just in case it’s camera angle (I doubt it is).

I have seen S29’s with straight rehauts so I am on the fence with whether to green light it atm.

On Picture 3 you see its the Angle. The Crown-Side of the watch is higher then the other side.

Green Light.

Reactions: domthedon030