• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Bad news. Makes sense Noob and VSF would be the top targets I suppose. Best start saving for gen.

I bet ARF snitched on VSF and noob in order to get a slice of the market back :p.

No one has been buying from ARF since last year, except for some GMT models (market slice contended with VRF), everything else is made better by other factories. Subs and DJs? go for VSF /GMF for ootb beauties. Daytonas? Go for Noob.

:p:p:p

It's so annoying how ZF and ARF, the most recently "criticised" factories were left alone, while the most successful ones are being annoyed by the authorities

Last edited:

John Abel

Known Member
15/5/20
UK
I bet ARF snitched on VSF and noob in order to get a slice of the market back

I suppose they didn't start yesterday and know that competitors can do that so they may have some protection although sometimes sh*t happens despite any protection.

I guess these fights only reduce the number of players and don't improve the price for us consumers

Obviously, I'm completely ignorant of how they work there, but as far as I know, there is nothing illegal in making watches and movements as long as they don't have the name and logo, that are the only registrable intellectual property, so they just need to keep the manufacture of dials, crowns and clamps secret. Rest is fully legal, like homage watches. I may be missing something.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I suppose they didn't start yesterday and know that competitors can do that so they may have some protection although sometimes sh*t happens despite any protection.

Their protection could be unspoken agreements between different crime organizations, supported by police bribes etcetera. It's not difficult to imagine that these kind of Mafia agreements are very unstable, especially after the recent copyright laws approved in china.

Of course this is all speculation based on recent releases and the sales history of ARF, VSF, Noob and ZF. I'm just having fun throwing wood into the fire. Everything could have happened, not enough bribes, snitching from other factories, central chinese government taking power locally, i could go on.

Obviously, I'm completely ignorant of how they work there, but as far as I know, there is nothing illegal in making watches and movements as long as they don't have the name and logo, that are the only registrable intellectual property, so they just need to keep the manufacture of dials, crowns and clamps secret. Rest is fully legal, like homage watches. I may be missing something.

In china, everything is legal as long a you pay enough bribes :p:p:p

John Abel

Known Member
15/5/20
UK
In china, everything is legal as long a you pay enough bribes

You don´t need to bribe anyone if you manufacture without infringing any rights. But I got it now, they can just raid them for the sake of it.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
It is clear that this time is not a show.
I think the era of NWBIG reps has ended with the hit on Noob and VSF, at least atm.

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
It is clear that this time is not a show.
I think the era of NWBIG reps has ended with the hit on Noob and VSF, at least atm.

Drug traffickers get the death penalty in many countries around the world. But the trade continues to flourish YoY.

Chinese people love money more than their lives. The penalties for getting caught for making reps are just but some jail time and loss of financial assets. But the rewards are limitless if they don't get caught. So the risk is more than worth taking.

Moreover, making reps actually makes people happy instead of harming lives like drugs do.

You bet they will be back.

Last edited:

Principium

Supporter
Certified
15/3/20
Doesn't anyone here really care about the poor fellows there? we get watches a little later (for which we are prepared to wait up to 5 years in the original) and that is all we are interested in? there are certainly not only bosses there but also normal workers who cannot pay their bills at the moment. In this sense, I wish that things will continue soon, for us but above all for these people. Seriously, to call prison in china “only” can only occur to someone from the western world.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
Doesn't anyone here really care about the poor fellows there? we get watches a little later (for which we are prepared to wait up to 5 years in the original) and that is all we are interested in? there are certainly not only bosses there but also normal workers who cannot pay their bills at the moment. In this sense, I wish that things will continue soon, for us but above all for these people. Seriously, to call prison in china “only” can only occur to someone from the western world.

Don't go caring about things that you have neither control nor influence over. Get excited about the fact that the VSF train has started moving again.

Thanks to VSF and Noob, I have been able to get the watches I want after being scammed by my AD who has taken more than 20 grand from me over 3 years but failed to deliver even a Hulk or a Daytona.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think

Bro, you realize that by buying that cotton shirt you are wearing you are funding ruthless child labour?

Should you know about it? Yes. Should it concern you? Not really, unless you want to go around while wearing banana leaves.

You should think positive, by buying reps you are helping those poor fellows paying taxes as you said lol

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
Just got an email back from Andrew (trusty): VSF and XF still closed. No opening date in sight :(

Last edited:

Samabux

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/17
Texas
Hont just sent me an update that VSF, XF and V6F are now open. He’s taking orders. Who knows WTH is going on...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
VSF is open and taking orders.
When they get orders, they will make it ASAP but it might take more time than usuall.

This is a good thing, hope all are safe!