• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

greenpip

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
7/10/20
USA
Half an hour ago I heard from Ryan at INTIME by email, he told me that he can't take orders for the next two weeks.

Ah damn. I bough my ARF from him. Ryan is a great guy. Hope everything gets better

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
Ah damn. I bough my ARF from him. Ryan is a great guy. Hope everything gets better

For the orders he has already taken, I can't tell you how Ryan will behave, but at the moment he has told me that he cannot take orders for at least two weeks.
Anyway, good luck with your ARF!!!

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
For the orders he has already taken, I can't tell you how Ryan will behave, but at the moment he has told me that he cannot take orders for at least two weeks.
Anyway, good luck with your ARF!!!

I cant speak yor Ryan too. But my orders at Tony are on hold until the factories open again. No suprise. When the factories are closed, he cant get the watches ;-)

stepanok

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/12/13
These last days i am searching in as many new sites to see if i can get any more information on what is going on.
To my utter surprise i found an article referring to.......wait for it ( at least i never would have imagined it ) COUNTERFEIT GOLF PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!"There is no mention of watches, i just post it as as an example of the crackdown on counterfeit products.
I will paste part of the article. Please understand that i am not speculating on anything nor do i make any presumptions. I am strictly forwarding FACTS.

" April 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In a clear sign that the selling of counterfeit golf products will not be tolerated, a court in the Chinese district of Pudong convicted all 15 defendants for their roles in counterfeiting registered trademarks and selling counterfeit products. This decision stems from the largest-ever raid of counterfeit golf equipment, which was executed by Shanghai Police in 2020 with the cooperation of The U.S. Golf Manufacturers Anti-Counterfeiting Working Group (the Golf Group).
The verdict showed 13 defendants were convicted for the crime of counterfeiting registered trademark and two defendants were convicted for the crime of selling counterfeit products. All 15 defendants were sentenced to imprisonment for a total of 42 years and criminal fines of RMB 3,734,000 ($574,461). The total case value is RMB 12,012,888.75 ($1,848,136), including RMB 9,870,105 ($1,518,477) for sold counterfeits and RMB 2,142,783.75 ($329,659) for seized products. "
" https://www.keepgolfreal.com/

Last edited:

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Karren mentioned too, that the raids where not "only" in the Rep-Watches-Industry ...

"As far as I know, this not only happened to watches, some factories that make luxury bags, sunglasses and jewelries were also closed in this month."

He/she also mentions problems with the shipping.

"By the way, the shipping service is also affected, DHL or FedEx is not available, only EMS, ePacket or Registered Air Mail works"

http://www.wristwatchspot.com/2021/04/21/bad-news/

stepanok

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/12/13
Karren mentioned too, that the raids where not "only" in the Rep-Watches-Industry ...

"As far as I know, this not only happened to watches, some factories that make luxury bags, sunglasses and jewelries were also closed in this month."

He/she also mentions problems with the shipping.

"By the way, the shipping service is also affected, DHL or FedEx is not available, only EMS, ePacket or Registered Air Mail works"

http://www.wristwatchspot.com/2021/04/21/bad-news/

Handbags etc i knew about. But...golf clubs?
What surprised me as well was the jail time. 4 Years give or take and the fines that are huge.

Seamusflood

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/16
These last days i am searching in as many new sites to see if i can get any more information on what is going on.
To my utter surprise i found an article referring to.......wait for it ( at least i never would have imagined it ) COUNTERFEIT GOLF PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!"There is no mention of watches, i just post it as as an example of the crackdown on counterfeit products.
I will paste part of the article. Please understand that i am not speculating on anything nor do i make any presumptions. I am strictly forwarding FACTS.

" April 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In a clear sign that the selling of counterfeit golf products will not be tolerated, a court in the Chinese district of Pudong convicted all 15 defendants for their roles in counterfeiting registered trademarks and selling counterfeit products. This decision stems from the largest-ever raid of counterfeit golf equipment, which was executed by Shanghai Police in 2020 with the cooperation of The U.S. Golf Manufacturers Anti-Counterfeiting Working Group (the Golf Group).
The verdict showed 13 defendants were convicted for the crime of counterfeiting registered trademark and two defendants were convicted for the crime of selling counterfeit products. All 15 defendants were sentenced to imprisonment for a total of 42 years and criminal fines of RMB 3,734,000 ($574,461). The total case value is RMB 12,012,888.75 ($1,848,136), including RMB 9,870,105 ($1,518,477) for sold counterfeits and RMB 2,142,783.75 ($329,659) for seized products. "
" https://www.keepgolfreal.com/

Everything is faked
I worked for GE and we had monitors in ITU that were not working despite being reasonably new
Turns out the hospital had been buying fake Spo2 probes

Mental!!

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: leo6929

JohnLukeNY

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Patron
17/12/20
US
I never ever said or claimed that possessing a rep is illegal !! What i meant ,and to me was obvious , is that if i received it i could not go on ebay the next day and list Noob Rolex Sub for sale.
Lets leave it at that because things are getting out of hand...

Because in that case it wouldn't be "possession" which is not illegal, but "trading" in counterfeit which is.

OverAfton

Patron
Certified
Handbags etc i knew about. But...golf clubs?

I agree with Stepanok---Id be scared to death to swing hard knowing I could kill someone with a dislodged clubhead!

When I heard of the crack downs, the sports market is the first industry I thought of....the more Formula 1/Tennis/Golf China wants to host, the more the entities that sponsor athletes/sporting events will squawk about the counterfeit market and the need to crack down.
So as certain sporting industries find even a greater foothold in the Chinese market, there will certainly be more pressure from manufacturers representing said sports.
If you watched the recent Masters, and especially any of the LPGA events, golf in Korea and Japan = HUGE.
China is the next big market, and the multibillion dollar industry that involves whacking a little white ball will demand more of China's monitoring effort.

I dont know if I just never noticed before, but AP sponsors several top golf pros from Europe (I dont follow the European tour, so I only see the AP logo when there are big tourneys in the US that these players fly over to play....and of course Rolly and Omega are often one of the primary event sponsors.)