• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Noob just released a bunch of new watches? This is news

One of noob investors bought a lot of 4130 movements and assembled a lot of daytonas, thats why you are seeing noob daytonas with v3 dials because they're using anything there was available

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
One of noob investors bought a lot of 4130 movements and assembled a lot of daytonas, thats why you are seeing noob daytonas with v3 dials because they're using anything there was available

Oh, I would not put my hands on these sub-standard Daytonas

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
Interesting read, especially about the reveal Of the ST4510 movement. If it is indeed possible for the legal case to be resolved and that movement to be shipped independently then there is still hope to have an non marked 4130 in watches.

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
A masterstroke by Rolex and the Chinese government.

Instead of wasting time with patent law and copyright infringements with multiple makers - in China, where patent law is blurry - quicker to shut down the movement factories.

Without good movements, the watches won’t sell in high numbers - now that people are used to good quality Rolex rep calibers, likely that many wont go back to ETA based builds.

Also parts that have been manufactured for 3135/3235 won’t be straight swaps to ETA - e.g hand sizes, date window placements etc. are different.

VS 3135/3235 might have precipitated this - the quality of the movements were excellent. I’d say VR/SH/SA will be the next movement factories to be targeted.

Very good analysis. Never thought of it but you are absolutely right. Kill the factories that manufacture movements.

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
... Kill the factories that manufacture movements.

Analogous to the gun control movement here in the States. Don't ban the guns, ban the ammunition that shoots from them. So far only so-so success. There is always another entity that will fill the demand void, given the demand remains.

Reactions: mega12

Saddleup

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/11/20
My conspiracy theory is that China is using Algorithms to track posts from Reddit, as well as Reddit shill buyers to locate/destroy these operations

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

psantos1091

22/8/13

Who's selling them? All dealers I wrote have nothing available.. I wouldn't mind buying one and do some modding

Saddleup

13/11/20
My conspiracy theory is that China is using Algorithms to track posts from Reddit, as well as Reddit shill buyers to locate/destroy these operations

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

hab3z

Known Member
1/1/16
I ordered 2 subs in early june and have still yet to receive QC pics... I'm beginning to wonder at what point i just call it quits? Sighs

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
I ordered 2 subs in early june and have still yet to receive QC pics... I'm beginning to wonder at what point i just call it quits? Sighs

Now, that’s a mighty long time! Who is the TD if you don’t mind me asking?

Reactions: gilrob

hab3z

Known Member
1/1/16
Now, that’s a mighty long time! Who is the TD if you don’t mind me asking?

Chazingtime :X

Figure it should be similar across the board though. They shipped other watches i ordered later but the subs have been stuck for the longest time. Originally ordered the vsfs but we all know what happened there...

So now waiting on CF/ZZF subs but still no news :(

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Waiting for QC since early June is unacceptable. Yes, the supply of Subs is kinda short but is not that extreme.
Better to cancel the oder and switch to another TD

Reactions: Uhr70