• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

TimeDweller27

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/11/18
Trusty photos are potatoe quality to see the serial number but that clasp code i have never seen in any other vsf watch.

I also have a 6SH clasp code in QC from Andrew. I asked him about it, but haven’t received a response yet. Does anything else look off that may lead you to believe it is not VSF?

Goldenboy74

Known Member
21/4/21
He had some VSF stock yesterday, I ordered and paid yesterday and have received QC pics for the 126610LN today. In terms of quality of the stock itself, the one I got is of usual VSF quality and was an easy GL.

I did the same thing, but I'm still waiting.
I've never bought from him and consequently I don't know his working habits, let's hope we don't have to be too patient

Keishara

Daytona Nerd
Patron
25/2/21
I did the same thing, but I'm still waiting.
I've never bought from him and consequently I don't know his working habits, let's hope we don't have to be too patient

The main difference this time is that the stock is in China as opposed to the UK. So perhaps there is some co-ordination required.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
I saw some Chinese dude writing that vsf changed their clasp code for this release and that the clasp code you got is correct

Heyterre

Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
Thanks for feedback, i have already approved QC. Just posting the pictures here for the benefit of RWI and users as I know there was some discussion on VSF quality after the raids.

Do you mind to share how did you pay to Andrew? Its my first time to use Trusty Time and im less likely use credit card for extra cross-broader and exchange fee. I contacted Andrew for pay by western union but receipant info is Cambodia, haven’t got a reply from him yet

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Do you mind to share how did you pay to Andrew? Its my first time to use Trusty Time and im less likely use credit card for extra cross-broader and exchange fee. I contacted Andrew for pay by western union but receipant info is Cambodia, haven’t got a reply from him yet

No matter what, never use your credit card on a td website. They use shady third party payment processors that will most likely clone your card and give you a shit exchange rate.

Heyterre

Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
No matter what, never use your credit card on a td website. They use shady third party payment processors that will most likely clone your card and give you a shit exchange rate.

Thanks for remind me bro, I was really about to use it

nani89

Horology Curious
6/11/18
He had some VSF stock yesterday, I ordered and paid yesterday and have received QC pics for the 126610LN today. In terms of quality of the stock itself, the one I got is of usual VSF quality and was an easy GL.

Where did you post your QC? Here or in redit ?

nani89

Horology Curious
6/11/18
Where did you posted the QC photos? Here or in redit?

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Very few people dive, actually, and those who do would laugh at the idea of wearing a mechanical watch, not to say a Rolex. They have digital diving computers telling them how long to wait at each depth.
If about time accuracy, any mechanical watch is an obsolete machine and a rep with an Asian 2824 may perform as well as a gen. Gen watches may be COSC but again, any digital watch is well above COSC, so if the drive is timekeeping, mechanical watches is the wrong choice.

Yes i understand that it is rarely used as a dive watch today. Hence why I said in part of my post that you edited out stated pretty much that just because most people today purchase it for the logo instead of its capability doesn’t mean it can’t perform.

In fact, it’s performance goes hand and hand with the hype. There would be no hype if it wasn’t for the performance.

But back to your post, what is it you’re saying? That because so few people dive with the watches today, Rolex should drop their QC standards and just start making a vsf quality submariner and call it a day? Maybe hope no one actually goes diving with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Very few people dive, actually, and those who do would laugh at the idea of wearing a mechanical watch, not to say a Rolex. They have digital diving computers telling them how long to wait at each depth.
If about time accuracy, any mechanical watch is an obsolete machine and a rep with an Asian 2824 may perform as well as a gen. Gen watches may be COSC but again, any digital watch is well above COSC, so if the drive is timekeeping, mechanical watches is the wrong choice.

Yes i understand that it is rarely used as a dive watch today. That is why I said in part of my post that is edited out I stated pretty much that just because most people today purchase it for the logo instead of its capability doesn’t mean it can’t perform. In fact, it’s performance goes hand and hand with the hype. There would be no hype if it wasn’t for the performance.

But back to your post, what is it you’re saying? That because so few people dive with the watches today, Rolex should drop their QC standards and just start making a vsf quality submariner and call it a day? Maybe hope no one actually goes diving with it?

And while the computer you mentioned might out perform Rolex’s accuracy, it will fall short of Rolex standards in many many many other ways. A few of which I listed in the original post. And that is a big part of Gen value.

I don’t know. I not trying to talk you into buying a Rolex or any watch. I’m just saying that rep and gen are not equal. This all just seems like a rationalization and I’ve seen it before. People convince themselves that their rep is just as good as a genuine and thus actually worth $12k.

Manuel8080

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/4/16
Jtime also has a stock of VSF submariner....
Li tell me that he has also Clean Factory GMT 116710LN , that s the best Gmt in his opinion... (i don t found any photos or article about Gmt 116710 LN :confused:, anyone knows something about ??)
Anyway I bought both :D

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Eric @ geektime confirmed VSF wont be making more Rolex at all. This is the last batch u can get. RIP

Fergulator72

I'm Pretty Popular
4/5/21
Eric @ geektime confirmed VSF wont be making more Rolex at all. This is the last batch u can get. RIP
Wow, big if true,maybe Rolex are the ones that pressured the government and had the raids started , maybe easier to go forward without making them

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JayBee0815