• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
I thought that the COGS of a Rolex is approximately 20% list price whereby AD receives the watches at 50% of list price and 60% of the remainder goes for Marketing, R&D and overhead.

in other words, the Submariner reference 116610LN. Recommended retail price: €8500 actually costs about €1700 to make.
If one considers that labor costs for qualified watchmakers in Switzerland are astronomical and Swiss suppliers aren’t cheap either then an authentic Rolex would probably cost about €1000 to produce in China is authentic parts and machines were provided.

So the final COGS difference of GEN and REP is about a factor of 2-3 which doesn’t appear to be that unreasonable..

The real beneficiaries of Rolex prices are therefore the AD’s and the Marketing dept…

Would not doubt these numbers. I remember years ago talking to my AD in Tampa, FL. They were getting Rolex watches at 43% off retail. So basically Rolex would get roughtly 57% which would have to cover material, designing, machinery, production, marketing and so forth..

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Also I think it is an interesting point that maybe now we have a reason why ARF and Noob never really gave us the perfect submariner - getting close but not perfect, fixing mistakes while creating new ones. Time after time.

You have to think Chinese factories manufacturing counterfeit goods might have had some guidelines or like rules of thumb for getting close but not too close.

Many factories have been in court many many times for everything from movies to automobiles. And they have won in court quite a bit.

These are all just initial possible thoughts guesses and assumptions right now anyway though.

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
derjenigewelcher thenut pt98765 Hazing

I agree with your observations, one cannot take the costs of materials as the true indicator of a product's retail price. The paid price of brand building, marketing, quality control are massive for a brand like Rolex. Whether they deserve to be placed on a pedestal, it's simply up to the customers. Their ability to evolve while staying true to heritage is a conscious decision from Day One. For many, owning a Rolex is something they would do to reward themselves for what they consider as working hard towards their dreams.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Got to talk with a chinese friend and send me this:

vs厂这两天会出货一次,有需要的可以下单,量少,之后不知道什么时候再出

vs factory will be shipped once in these two days, you can order if you need, the amount is small, after that I do not know when to come out again

Basically he send that and that all pams, omegas and rolex models can be delivered in these two days.

Reactions: diamant and Rufctr2

Goldenboy74

Known Member
21/4/21

vs factory will be shipped once in these two days, you can order if you need, the amount is small, after that I do not know when to come out again

Basically he send that and that all pams, omegas and rolex models can be delivered in these two days.

It is not very clear, you could explain yourself better

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
It is not very clear, you could explain yourself better

What is not clear? Vsf will ship some watches if you order in the next two days. Pam's, Omega's and some rolex models. After that my friend says he doesn't know when they will ship watches again. If you want some models ask your td if he can gets it.

Goldenboy74

Known Member
21/4/21
What is not clear? Vsf will ship some watches if you order in the next two days. Pam's, Omega's and some rolex models. After that my friend says he doesn't know when they will ship watches again. If you want some models ask your td if he can gets it.

Thanks, now it's clear :)

Reactions: Jayalvin777

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21

What's the background of your friend? Is he a TD or an active seller? None of the active Chinese sellers I know have posted anything indicative of such a development with VSF. I have more than 10 China-based sellers on WeChat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bronzestar

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
What's the background of your friend? Is he a TD or an active seller? None of the active Chinese sellers I know have posted anything indicative of such a development with VSF. I have more than 10 China-based sellers on WeChat.

Active and big seller. I wouldn't be surprised if some dealers/sellers will just try to build stock and sell it for a higher price.

pt98765

9/4/20
UK

Andrew is saying currently unclear when VSF will ship anything. I wouldn’t tie any funds up in an order right now.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Andrew is saying currently unclear when VSF will ship anything. I wouldn’t tie any funds up in an order right now.

I talked to some of the tds from here and other forums and they confirmed what i wrote earlier. Hont said omegas, vsf subs and some pams will be available.

goldenbulljr

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
27/6/21
goldenbulljr - Welcome!
Please make it priority for yourself as a new member to read and understand all rules prior to posting comments.
In this case, no sales are allowed outside of the m2m sales section. More specifically, no advertising watches and attempting to conduct sales via PM- otherwise known as "back door sales " is seriously unacceptable.

This post edited to remove sales attempt outside of m2m sales section.

Last edited by a moderator:

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Welcome!
Please make it priority for yourself as a new member to read and understand all rules prior to posting comments.
In this case, no sales are allowed outside of the m2m sales section. More specifically, no advertising watches and attempting to conduct sales via PM- otherwise known as "back door sales " is seriously unacceptable.

This post edited to remove sales attempt outside of m2m sales section.

Last edited by DD60; 27-06-21, 15:05.

C Master not sure if this post is useful to the community. New member, since a few hours, tries to offer some backdoor deals… not saying that something is wrong but probably worth looking at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
From Pf
6b2bfb5ac1744e4130fc3c3d6df61748.jpg

Tambo 74

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/8/16
"Post edited- no sales outside of m2m"