• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Just in time for five watches to come back from modders!

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Ok so the first line: VS, xf, noob, rxf and so on we knew for along time atleast as the movement factory and case maker got destroid by raids.

we stil have: CF, ZF, JVS, RF++

Also very strange they stil got VSF laying around…

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
Ok so the first line: VS, xf, noob, rxf and so on we knew for along time atleast as the movement factory and case maker got destroid by raids.

we stil have: CF, ZF, JVS, RF++

Also very strange they stil got VSF laying around…

poor guys, they got nuked JUST for making correct crownguards wtf

Keishara

Daytona Nerd
Patron
25/2/21
I've mentioned in a few other threads but if there's a sudden availability in out of production models, be wary as there exists fake CF, fake VSF and fake Noob watches to prey on the desperate. There's also hybrid watches, for example, the latest post raid Noob daytona batches have come with real Noob movements but other parts from unknown sources that are not Noob (116519LN & diw carbon variations are known so far). These post raid watches will have variations so make sure you're happy with and aware of them. Do not rely on TD to do LC as they're just trying to source what they can and some of these fakes of fakes do slip in.

Last edited:

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
I've mentioned in a few other threads but if there's a sudden availability in out of production models, be wary as there exists fake CF, fake VSF and fake Noob watches to prey on the desperate. There's also hybrid watches, for example, the latest post raid Noob daytona batches have come with real Noob movements but other parts from unknown sources that are not Noob (116519LN & diw carbon variations are known so far). These post raid watches will have variations so make sure you're happy with and aware of them. Do not rely on TD to do LC as they're just trying to source what they can and some of these fakes of fakes do slip in.

Can vouch for this, I gave the go ahead for a Noob 116519LN and was so busy looking for the basis things typically wrong I competent missed the wrong curvature of the lugs and missing serial number, meaning it's not a full Noob.
That being said, I'm preparing to be happy with it because of the movement alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: gilrob and Keishara

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Update from reddit, what really happened

jayalvin7 RPTS Mod •17 min. agoAdditional comment actions
j8IGn1.jpg
j8IFhv.jpg
j8IRfK.jpg
j8INQ8.jpg
j8IxII.jpg
j8IJXc.jpg
j8ISuj.jpg
j8IbZ4.jpg

[[TEXT REDACTED]]

[[ADMIN EDIT]]
Nope, that is not going to be reproduced here, I don't care if the info is out in public I will not have RWI being a part of it. Some certain folk at Reddit need to learn to STFU before they get people killed. They are not the ones in danger, they are safe in mom's basement. Stop playing with people's lives, this is NOT a game! [[/ADMIN EDIT]]

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
Grim foreseeable future for us innocent , honest consumers… it would appea

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
We can just blame the reps have become so good which brings an end to this exciting hobby and big business for the Chinese makers

Reactions: Rufctr2

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
So much for the "VSF is coming back in X weeks" rumors.

I think "super reps from China" will soon become a term associated with a glorious period of past times.

But there are still countries like Thailand that have a few decades of the right mix of very sophisticated industrial capabilities, political climate and corruption down to the lowest levels of government ahead of them, where new super rep factories could thrive on.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Jayalvin777 & diamant Thank you for sharing, very informative.

Have to admit the below line in the middle of it gave me a bit of a chuckle :spit:

"The Federation of Swiss Watch Industry sent a letter of appreciation to thank Zhenjiang Public Security for its positive contribution to the global watch industry"

I imagine it's like when Ariana says:

Reactions: diamant

sharpsec

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/11/21
Let's hope someone picks up the baton and keep making great reps.

Last edited:

gsxin

8/11/07
These news confirms what we already knew in one form or another, in brief: China is trying to clean up his name as a counterfeit nation, the reasons for this involve a long talk about politics; which I will spare you of here.

I have been in this rep "hobby" for 10+ years and a watch enthusiast for 20+ years, and my view of the future is not too exciting.

I foresee a decline in the interest of all mechanical luxury watches, those that will still be sold will be just because of status, not because of history or design. And as we have started to see in the past years, all mayor players will play the "limited edition" or "hard to get" game to keep the -wealthy- buyers interested. This will eventually end up in having many variations of the same design with different brand names at a price set just "because". To backup this claim, just see how this is the same thing happening to all other luxury items, not only watches.

As far as the replica industry goes: the demise of these top factories will scare the not-so-glamorous factories, dealers, e-money merchants, parts manufacturers and ecommerce sites as well. This does not mean that they will not be sold anymore, but that most likely the quality will not be the same and that many newer models will not be replicated. So yes, the "golden age" of replicas is a phrase that may catch up as we look back through some kind of sepia tone filter at the past 10 years with nostalgia.

Both scenes, the genuine Swiss watch industry and the replica Chinese industry are changing, and to my eyes not for the better. This can only be translated into a slow decay of interest in mechanical watches and their collecting (whether real or rep).

Then again, I am just another guy with an opinion, and I truly hope to be wrong.

thopie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/12/18
next to mars!
Let's wait and see. Such media-effective stagings from governments also exist in other (replica) areas.
It was a hard, very hard hit for the watch replica market, but the replica market simply has too much potential to be left unattended. There will be other, new companies and other countries with better opportunities.
Stay cool and just wait. The situation will certainly look better in 6-12 months

Reactions: RedBearrd