RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philwongnz View Post
    TBH a gen sub holds its value so I would opt for a gen if you can afford it. But yet again not many people can get it at retail

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
    Oh for sure. In terms of investment you’re correct. Even for a quick flip you can make £3000+ if you’re lucky enough to pick one up at an AD.

My local AD doesn’t even respond to emails these days and I bought a Day Date from them 5 years back. The hype around Rolex is very high at the moment.

However, if we’re talking about the watch for what it is, there is absolutely no justification for the price tag compared to what you’ll pay for one of these VSF subs. IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by domthedon030 View Post
      Just received my VSF Sub from Sead today. All I can say is wow!

Bought 7/8 reps in the past with the last one being around 8 years ago. I can’t believe the quality of this one. I definitely couldn’t justify spending £7500 on the gen.

Sorry if slightly off topic!

Hoping VSF can get back up and running properly some time soon as I’d really like to buy a few more.
      You ordered it after the raids?

Comment

Originally posted by philwongnz View Post
        TBH a gen sub holds its value so I would opt for a gen if you can afford it. But yet again not many people can get it at retail

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
        Even VSF will hold the value, indeed they will enter the gray market! LOL
        TC 16610LV V6 Franken - 116610LN VSF modded - 126610LV VSF - 116520 Noob V3 Franken - PAM683 VSF - PAM111 Noob V4 - AP 15202 XF Legend modded - PP Nautilus PPF V4 - Datejust 41 VSF

Comment

Originally posted by Mathieu123I View Post
          I don't understrand that Noob 116500 are not avalaible at TD because raids and are avalaible on Aliexpress.
          I will almost guarantee that it will be either 15mm or have faux chronos. DHGate/Ali sellers use words to attract buyers that does not mean they can actually get the watch they advertise.

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
          There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.
          ? Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

The Collection: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...of-a-repoholic

Originally posted by Parabuteo;n5110721
          Mods are GREAT at working out things, going to bat for us, and have some tools at their disposal to sanction scammers but they can't ultimately protect us from everything, including losing $ if we are not cautious. The main takeaway is this: we RWI members are participating knowingly in the "wild west" here (which actually thrills me) so...caveat emptor and never spend more than you can afford to lose.

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

Apparently its not just the Chinese that are cracking down. Hope no one was waiting on a delivery.

This just happened today:

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/local-m...-rolex-watches

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Bourdillion Traherne View Post
              Apparently its not just the Chinese that are cracking down. Hope no one was waiting on a delivery.

So the US and Chinese govts are working hand in hand to kill the rep game.
              Who is next to join? EU?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Bourdillion Traherne View Post

Those look like sub $50 shitters.

And it's what customs do. They seize tons of goods every day. Counterfeit goods, food, animal products, drugs, etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by locvs View Post
                  And it's what customs do. They seize tons of goods every day. Counterfeit goods, food, animal products, drugs, etc. etc.
                  This. Also, I find it pretty funny they use the (severely inflated) gen price in calculating the "value" of the seizure. It's the same kind of corrupt logic as with media piracy, where every copy is counted as a lost sale. I doubt anyone who would have bought one of those replicas would actually want to pony up the cash for gen.

Comment

Disclaimer: I don't know, how reliable this chart is. So pls. DYOR!

FYI:
                    "Many people would be scared
                    if they saw in the mirror, not their face,
                    but their character."

Comment

Originally posted by Foxxfire View Post
                      Disclaimer: I don't know, how reliable this chart is. So pls. DYOR!
                      https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ctory-statuses

Comment

From reddit user close to factories.

VSF isn't coming back anytime soon

Let me start this with the most anticipated one, VSF isn't opening back anytime soon. As of now, VSF boss is currently in jail, and the "bail" or "bribe" amount hasn't been settled. The factory isn't producing or repairing anything. They aren't shipping much orders or just low quantities (mainly lesser known VSF Omegas). Any VSF Rolex is a "rare artifact" nowadays.

r/RepTime - [VSF Factory News & CLEAN Factory Rolex GMT "Release Date"] Don't get your hopes high, VSF isn't likely to return anytime soon...

On positive note, there are plans of other factories to make VSF Rolex 41mm Submariners but the movement may not be the VS3235. It's currently unknown but there are some plans of other factories to produce some 1266... models. Perhaps they will use a 2824 movement but that ruins the "72 hour power reserve" which was a phenomenal achievement from VSF.

VSF Datejust is more or less gone as well. Dial manufacturer got raided and no factory is planning to make a competitor as of my knowledge.

My thoughts: My current estimate of when VSF will go back is (earliest) is at October to November (Possibly Next Year even). This is very conservative and hard to honestly say. Even if VSF goes back, they could get raided again if they're not careful since Chinese cops usually like to raid factories before big holidays so they have some "pocket money" or demands of Brand Owners like Rolex or Omega.

Are there VSF Submariners available to buy????

Unfortunately, There is little to none available. Any are just old stock and demand a Premium. No dealer in China sells this for the same low price as before especially with the scarcity.

There are some alternatives in the market such as CLEAN, ZF, and others but none of them have the "edges" as VSF imho. The finishing on VSF Movements are just on another level compared to other factories. Guess, it's up to your preference to where you can settle with and live with.

CLEAN Factory Rolex GMTs "Release Date"

While, the first few CLEAN GMTs have been released a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, supply is very low. CLEAN originally stated they will ship out around June 20-25 but have since then delayed to the "end of this month". Raids must have made things in China moved slower than normal.

r/RepTime - [VSF Factory News & CLEAN Factory Rolex GMT "Release Date"] Don't get your hopes high, VSF isn't likely to return anytime soon...

Why the delay?

r/RepTime - Not an advertisement for Mirotime. Just couldn't find a picture in time lol. Not an advertisement for Mirotime. Just couldn't find a picture in time lol.

It's not actually they are having trouble making the watch head. It's just the bracelet waiting to be produced. Bracelet supply is a bit short so that's why there's pictures of Clean Factory GMT Heads only without the bracelet.

This is merely some information I gotten from multiple Chinese dealer I'm working and communicating with. I'm sure some TD's here will share the same sentiment.

Tell me your thoughts in the comments below and hope I helped someone out!

Read More

Comment

Originally posted by diamant View Post
                          Tell me your thoughts in the comments below and hope I helped someone out!
                          That doesnt supprise me and fits to my last information that says, that the VSF-Boss(es) are on the run. They played the Rep-Game too hard, offering great Rolex-Reps with individual serial numbers, that where sold from some chinese dealers as Gens in China. There the problems started and that has nothing to do with us. Its more or less a chinese thing and for me it is impossible to make predictions of the future of VSF or their technical features. Maybee it would be wiser, to stop this serial-number - and paper- and cerficiate-bullshit.
                          WTB - Pam 224 - Pam 229 - Pam 382 - Pam 984 - Pam 985 - Pam 1312 - Pam 1313 - Pam 1314

Comment

Originally posted by JayBee0815 View Post

- and paper- and cerficiate-bullshit.
                            Cannot agree more! The need for these is to scam, and those few ‘good intentioned’ buyers who just want a complete set need to realise that too and suck it up. We need to stop the need for matching papers in this hobby ASAP. I think this is the real reason for the major crackdown.
                            The biggest ‘Tell’ is you.
                            Replica Box: VSF V2 Omega SM 300 SS-Segna // VSF V2 Omega NTTD // VSF Omega CrPO 8500 // VSF V2 Omega 300 Spectre // ZF IWC Big Pilot 5009-01 // ARF Rolex 114300 Rhodium // ARF Rolex 114300 Grape // BPF Rolex Explorer 1 (On order from Lucy)

"If you can't see it on a galloping horse, than it doesn't matter."

Comment

Originally posted by BOSSK View Post

Cannot agree more! The need for these is to scam, and those few ‘good intentioned’ buyers who just want a complete set need to realise that too and suck it up. We need to stop the need for matching papers in this hobby ASAP. I think this is the real reason for the major crackdown.
                              Good luck……..

Comment

Originally posted by peter4ptv View Post

Good luck……..
                                +1. There were fakes and there will always be fakes.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X