• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

centrum

27/7/14
For those making light saying Rolex and Omega commandos were running around, the companies themselves are often behind such raids and they wouldn't happen if it weren't for the companies themselves pushing for it. Here's some examples.

This audio equipement factory raid was "initiated by Shure" : https://www.avnetwork.com/news/fact...e-sennheiser-yamaha-and-harman-audio-products

This factory raid was a result of an police investigation AFTER Ferrari and Lamborgini's lawyers filed a complaint with the police : https://www.motor1.com/news/360173/counterfeit-ferrari-lamborghini-shop-closed/

And in this, the company themselves did the surveillance and investigation to locate the factory! And then shared the info with Chinese police : https://vaporvoice.net/2021/02/11/counterfeit-juul-factory-raided-by-chinese-authorities/
I never knew there were fake audio equipments like Shure mics... I guess I would have to be cautious when buying anything online.

Brands pushing for raids seems reasonable, but I want to know how the Chinese police and the government assist such actions. Do they want to kill the fake industry or did the companies bribe them enough that they decided to help them bust the counterfeiters? The politics in the replica game looks fun to delve into.

I wonder Noob and VSF was busted with the help of Rolex. Rolex wouldn't want their movements to be cloned quite close, and I can see Rolex doing the investigation...

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
I never knew there were fake audio equipments like Shure mics... I guess I would have to be cautious when buying anything online.

Brands pushing for raids seems reasonable, but I want to know how the Chinese police and the government assist such actions. Do they want to kill the fake industry or did the companies bribe them enough that they decided to help them bust the counterfeiters? The politics in the replica game looks fun to delve into.

I wonder Noob and VSF was busted with the help of Rolex. Rolex wouldn't want their movements to be cloned quite close, and I can see Rolex doing the investigation...

Thats politics. China is a member of the WTO has signed most of the agreements incl. TRIPS to protect inellectual property rights. For a long time China had no interestes in fighting counterfeits in general, cause China was the copycat. Now things beginn to change. Each year Chinese Companies and Universitys apply for more patents than the USA and Chinese Companies are also the "victims". And so the political attitude to intellecutal properties, trademark rights and so on has also changed somehow.

sydneylosstarot

Horology Curious
24/2/21
Thats politics. China is a member of the WTO has signed most of the agreements incl. TRIPS to protect inellectual property rights. For a long time China had no interestes in fighting counterfeits in general, cause China was the copycat. Now things beginn to change. Each year Chinese Companies and Universitys apply for more patents than the USA and Chinese Companies are also the "victims". And so the political attitude to intellecutal properties, trademark rights and so on has also changed somehow.

this.

Rehaut19

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/20

Now that VSF got into the game...

Damn!

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I think this time the raids is not a small joke. PT is offering me a refund of my pending order.
IMO, one of the biggest problem is that there have been too many discussions sharing openly in youtube, yukou etc by those rep dealers, showing direct comparisons of the gens side by side to the reps saying how great those reps are (which they are). Coz of the raids, no wonder why all these clips are removed from youtube in the last few days.
Don't you think the gen makers are grinding their teeth and grasping their fists when seeing how eg. 4130, 3135, 3235, 3185 movements are perfectly cloned and subsequently sold as perfect reps by the Chinese factories? Honestly, I already had worries particularly for Noob and VSF for some times coz their latest models are just too scary good at a level that even experts sometimes found it hard to tell they are reps.
My sis-in-law is working in an investigating company helping the MNCs to locate the counterfeit manufacturers in China. They will collect sufficient evidences to pressurize the Chinese customs to take actions. Ofc this is not only limited to watches, people like Gucci, Prada, LV are also employing such investigators.

Circarama

Supporter
Certified
21/6/18
Sunny California
I knew that Chinese culture was okay with copying others designs, but the notion that Chinese companies are now pressing their own government to stop counterfeiting of their own products reeks of capitalism, lol! :popcorn: :red vines:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charly 883R

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/20
I used to buy from Pure Time, is any dealer working to order, Looks like only Noob is off, what about VSF?

RepFR

18/4/21
Hi there!

I read the forum for some months now, and also regular member on Reddit Rep section.

I placed an order on the 15th April with DrTime for a PAM from XF, and I have sent him some messages to have an idea of the factories situation.

Last time i talked with him, on friday, he told me that factories will fo back to work on Monday (probably...)

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I think the advice is probably to chill, park it for a week or so and see how things lay then.

That is what I'm doing anyway.

Nada we can do abour it, so why worry about it unnecessarily

RepFR

18/4/21
From your personal experience guys, what solutions can TD's offer for people that already placed (and paid) an order?
I meane, if the situation doesn't move, or takes too much time.

Can they refund, source the ordered watch from another factory...?

stepanok

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/12/13
As mentioned the problem is that , compared to a few years ago, reps have become better and better to the point of being indistinguishable from a gen to someone who doesn't have a lot of knowledge of watches. This quite dramatic "upgrade" of reps was the reason of them getting more and more popular but will also be the reason for their downfall. Naturally they will not disappear. Most likely , they will get much more difficult to get and and quite a bit more expensive.

Reactions: Uhr70 and leo6929

stepanok

Banned
8/12/13
Hi there!

I read the forum for some months now, and also regular member on Reddit Rep section.

I placed an order on the 15th April with DrTime for a PAM from XF, and I have sent him some messages to have an idea of the factories situation.

Last time i talked with him, on friday, he told me that factories will fo back to work on Monday (probably...)

I have never ever ( in my 7 year experience ) believed anything a TD has said to me and believe me i have been told quite a lot. I just hoped that what they told me was JUST 80% crap.

Reactions: RiffRalf

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I have never ever ( in my 7 year experience ) believed anything a TD has said to me and believe me i have been told quite a lot. I just hoped that what they told me was JUST 80% crap.

I don't think it's going to go down well impugning the honesty/integrity of the TD's on here, but you are of course welcome to your opinion, others will probably disagree, so best of luck....:applause:

Rehaut19

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/20
Beyond the fact they are TD here, it's hard to completely believe to a rep watch dealer...

Last edited:

RepFR

18/4/21
Beyond the fact they are TD here, it's hard to completely believe to a rep watch dealer...

This !

I mean, any of these guys can just disappear at any time, and come back in 6 months with another name and website...

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
We could discuss for a thousand years whether they would rather trust a functioning businessman or rather believe in their favorite room of a "lolita18" that their profile picture is real.
Or we could just mark our TDs here and ask them if there are relevant official updates from ON SITE.

Or, if you are reasonably gifted with emotional intelligence, then don't distrust everyone. And already under the hand (the forum) contact to T (!!!) Ds.

greeting

stepanok

Banned
8/12/13
I don't think it's going to go down well impugning the honesty/integrity of the TD's on here, but you are of course welcome to your opinion, others will probably disagree, so best of luck....:applause:

Are you aware that TDs come and go in the forums ? There is a reason for that. Also you do not seem to understand that "crap" does not mean necessarily "lying". I will say it a different way perhaps more easy for you to understand. I "believe" 20% of what they are saying. This is an illegal business as you obviously know, the words honesty etc ect have no meaning. You either accept the risks involved or you don't. Its up to you , me or anyone else who wants a watch.

Reactions: Rehaut19

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I'm well versed in the intricate nuances of the English language, so I dont need your simplification.
I understood you perfectly well, both what was said, and what was implied, I just disagree with you, but thank you for clarifying anyway.

Trust must mean a different thing to you, as must integrity.
I choose to trust and believe in the established system, what's the alternative really, just doubt everything and be cynical.

I'm a glass half full kinda guy and I'm well aware of the risk involved in our hobby. I dont spend what I cant afford to lose, that's a given.

But to say honesty has no meaning is an insult to all the honest TDs out there. You musta been burned in the past by one of them, c'est la vie, and that sucks, but it's hardly fair to tar them all with the same brush eh?

Plus, why on earth would TDs burn whats sure to be one of their most lucrative pipelines, thats just bad business, but you know best.

How about we just agree to disagree & both look forward to the full reopening of business as usual so we can get some more new shiny toys to admire.